General Category > Knife Combat

Benchmade Griptillian

(1/2) > >>

terrence:
I have a Benchmade Griptillian, it has proven to be a great everyday/utility knife.  Handles anything I put it to with ease, and is probabley the most comfortable folder I've ever owned.  Carries and handles really great.  Any thoughts from those with more experience on how well this knife will serve me in a defensive role if ever required?

pmh1nic:
My everyday carrier knife is the Spyderco Yojimbo but I do own the Griptillian trainer. I've got relatively small hands so the Yojimbo fits my hand better but I've got nothing against the Griptillian. It's a well made knife, the clothing clip allows for a tip up pocket carrier (my preference), it's relatively easy to do a one hand opening either using the opening hole in the blade or an inertial opening and the locking mechanism is solid. Those are the things I look for in a self-defense knife.

Kentbob:
   I own a griptillian as well, a purple one, that looks innocent, just like me.  I like the different carrying options as well, and I like the shape of the handle.  I own the smallest one I could get, again to look innocent.  I think it has definite potential in a self defense situation, and I like the feel of it in my hand, regular and reverse grip.

Kent

Professor:

--- Quote from: terrence on September 16, 2005, 09:27:03 PM ---I have a Benchmade Griptillian, it has proven to be a great everyday/utility knife.  Handles anything I put it to with ease, and is probabley the most comfortable folder I've ever owned.  Carries and handles really great.  Any thoughts from those with more experience on how well this knife will serve me in a defensive role if ever required?

--- End quote ---

Welcome the nut house!      Pictures are required  ;)

Professor:

--- Quote from: pmh1nic on September 17, 2005, 07:43:54 PM ---My everyday carrier knife is the Spyderco Yojimbo but I do own the Griptillian trainer. I've got relatively small hands so the Yojimbo fits my hand better but I've got nothing against the Griptillian. It's a well made knife, the clothing clip allows for a tip up pocket carrier (my preference), it's relatively easy to do a one hand opening either using the opening hole in the blade or an inertial opening and the locking mechanism is solid. Those are the things I look for in a self-defense knife.

--- End quote ---

;)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version