General Category > Gun Fighting

Shaved Sights

<< < (2/5) > >>

Contractor:
I have to step into this one!   And call complete BS to the similar post under one of the shotgun sections.

At no time do any soldiers, operators, LEOs, or any other armed professionals remove the sights from their duty weapons.  YES, your higher end "operators" have been know to remove the sights of their pistols FOR TRAINING PURPOSES ONLY!!!!!!!     M. Ayoob also conducted tests on this.  That is to help them learn "instinctive shooting".    But for actual missions the sights are on the weapon.

There were other BS comments about slings ect.  I won't get into that one though.

Contractor

Professor:

--- Quote from: Contractor on October 11, 2005, 10:54:55 AM ---I have to step into this one!   And call complete BS to the similar post under one of the shotgun sections.

At no time do any soldiers, operators, LEOs, or any other armed professionals remove the sights from their duty weapons.  YES, your higher end "operators" have been know to remove the sights of their pistols FOR TRAINING PURPOSES ONLY!!!!!!!     M. Ayoob also conducted tests on this.  That is to help them learn "instinctive shooting".    But for actual missions the sights are on the weapon.

There were other BS comments about slings ect.  I won't get into that one though.

Contractor

--- End quote ---

Step into more.....good to hear from you.

Nick Hughes:
Please do get into the BS about slings...share your wisdom with us oh all knowing one...

Here's an email from an ex-Legion buddy of mine who's now in the Aussie Army...

How long did it take you to do that 50 miler?
I went in this course thinking no probs. Done it all before. I still do 3400 on the Coopers Test. Still does'nt set you for pack marches though. The Aussie bergen is worse than the French sac a dos was and in hindsite I reckon they carry too much on their webbing  (4-5 pouches, 2 water bottles, bum pack) which make movement cumbersome. Aussies also frown on slings, even for pack marches, so you are constantly moving your weapon around where as in the Legion it just hung to one side off the sling and you forgot it was there. Legion marches greater distances at a steady pace allowing you to get into a rythm where as Aussies seem to race for 12-15km which completely knackers everyone out by the end. Worse, they put the lanky f*cks at the front which leaves us short f*ckers having to constantly break into a shuffle to catch up.
I'll send a couple of pics from the course once I get them done.

And here's a photo of a Royal Marine Commando in training...you will notice there is no sling

I also have a mate in the UK SAS...guess what wizard..on patrol in Northern Ireland... NO slings...ever

Guess what...in the Falklands NO slings....

They are, as I mentioned before, on the weapon...they are not allowed to be worn or used on patrol.

Re sights on weapons...please, give me a PM and I'll put you in touch with my mate on the local SWAT team who tape their sights over and, while you're at it read Haney's book on DELTA about how they didn't have sights on their weapons.

N

Nick Hughes:
Ooops,  I guess that'll be another one of those operational fookers with a sling eh?...wait a minute...there is no sling...damn...don't that beat all...

Nick Hughes:
This is so much fun...I just go googling for pictures of Brit and Aussie soldiers on patrol and almost none of them are wearing slings...

Getting the idea yet?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version