W. Hock Hochheim's

Combat Centric

Talk Forum for Military, Police, Martial Artists and Aware Citizenry

Hock Hochheim's Combat Talk Forum

• October 22, 2018, 08:42:59 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Alternative to real guns  (Read 1466 times)

bk

• Forum Member
    • Total Defense
Alternative to real guns
« on: January 02, 2006, 02:09:55 PM »

Hello,

First, I very mcuh enjoy this forum and I have learned much form the products sold on Hock's site.

Now here is my question:

I currently live  in Denmark where gun laws are strict.  Unless you are in Law Enforcement or Military...Few people people have them. They are  illegal to own...etc.

So, can using other "non lethal" firearms such as High Velocity Pellet guns give a person some proficiency in the use of guns and rifles..ect? These are legal here.

I want to gain some skills in the use of firearms but since I cannot do that here using real firearms, will using Pellet guns, airguns...provide me with any skill enhancements? or is it a waste of time?

Thank you and I look foward to reading your replies.

Brenda

spanky

• Level 3
  • PEACE through SUPERIOR FIREPOWER
Re: Alternative to real guns
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2006, 02:16:08 PM »

Pellet guns can provide some marksmanship ability start with iron sights and when you become proficient change to a scope . Biggest problem will be the lack of recoil from a real firearm. Have you considered moving to a non-hoplophobic country that trusts it's citizens ?   

Adventure

• Level 4
    • Stay Alive Program inc.
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2006, 03:42:26 PM »

I've heard of people from Japan doing well in shooting compititions & all they did was train with airsoft guns, cuz that is all they have there.

gumbey

• Level 3
« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2006, 06:07:38 PM »

My first experience with firearms are with pellet guns. They have taught me the basics and helped me ignore recoil. Occassionally, I still will train with pellet pistols. As far as rifles go, I have never trained with a real rifle until I joined the military. However, thanks to my past experience with air rifles (BB/pellet), I have earned an "Expert" rifle marksman as a result after shooting the M-16 for the first time. I also have no problem firing the M-14 accurately. And none of them, even with the air rifles, have a fired with a scope. 

Download