Combat Centric

Talk Forum for Military, Police, Martial Artists and Aware Citizenry

Hock Hochheim's Combat Talk Forum

• July 18, 2018, 12:19:28 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: List of UFC Fouls  (Read 13613 times)

Professor

• In your house drinking your coffee
  • Level 4
  • The Warlord
Re: List of UFC Fouls
« Reply #30 on: April 20, 2006, 06:43:20 PM »

Hughes vs Gracie who's going to take it?  Come on ya'll got to have some opinion.  :)

Go Hughes!
  'Advanced' is being able to do the basics, despite what else is happening. 

Our Country won't go on forever, if we stay soft as we are now. There won't be any AMERICA because some foreign soldiery will invade us and take our women and breed a hardier race!"  --- Chesty Puller, USMC

Milldog1776

« Reply #31 on: April 20, 2006, 06:45:16 PM »

Ever eat an animals eyeball?
Pretty hard to break between your teeth.

Jesus, Joseph, and the Shepards!

What is wrong with you?

Take your meds, you sick freak!  ;D

Kentbob

• JOAT
  • Level 4
  • Sound the horn and call the cry
    • Antrim Self-Protection
« Reply #32 on: April 20, 2006, 07:51:13 PM »

What about Pride?  I know they fight under different rules.  Anyone know what those rules are?

Kent
"Specialization is for insects."-Robert A. Heinlein

http://antrimmasp.blogspot.com/

JimH

• Level 4
« Reply #33 on: April 20, 2006, 09:16:05 PM »

If we use the long fingers and attack staright in ,then yes they will roll off the eyeball.
but
In an eye attack in which we fill the socket,fingers to the sides of the head ,or grabbing some ear,and thumbs into the socket and we push in the eyes will go back into the socket.

Again we do not attack the eyes to destroy them,just to get a response.

mleone

« Reply #34 on: April 21, 2006, 04:53:02 AM »

Exactly they dont have to be used as a lethal weapon. They can be used in a milder approach to get a response.

Joe Hubbard

• London, England
  • Level 4
  • Transforming the Esoteric with the Exoteric!
    • www.functionalfighting.com
« Reply #35 on: April 21, 2006, 06:45:29 AM »

Great post Jeff!  I’d like to add to that if I may.  The decision making / problem solving process of whether to use less lethal to lethal options clearly lies in establishing a game plan way in advance of a violent confrontation.  It also goes way beyond just our physical training and conditioning.  It directly relates to one’s value system, morals and experience.  This idea that someone is taught some lethal move and then just arbitrarily kills someone is ridiculous.  Any valuable treatise on killing another human being clearly points this out.  Why do you think the hit to death ratio in Viet Nam and most other wars were so high?  It is based on people not willing to kill someone else even though they have firearms and/or other extremely lethal means to whack someone.  Just remember that any technique could possibly kill or maim due to the situation and/or position that the technique is delivered.  Also, I think it is important to point out that every threatening situation that you find yourself in is taken seriously with the possibility of going from zero to 260 in a matter of seconds.  Although the BBQ analogy is funny, all you have to do is ask any cop just how many domestic situations end with death.

Ciao

Joe
« Last Edit: April 21, 2006, 07:04:15 AM by Joe Hubbard »
"The music business is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs.  There's also a negative side"

Hunter S. Thompson

www.joehubbardstreetsurvival.com

Visit My Blog: http://joehubbard.wordpress.com

Rawhide

• Level 3
  • Nothing more dangerous than a Marine & His rifle
« Reply #36 on: April 21, 2006, 01:24:07 PM »

You're sweet, Joe.... :-*
Cheat in the beginning, cheat in the end, cheat in middle...

www.dallascqc.com

Nick Hughes

• Level 4
    • Fight Survival
« Reply #37 on: April 21, 2006, 04:52:56 PM »

You two should get a room ;)
Hard pressed on my right. My center is yielding. Impossible to maneuver. Situation excellent. I am attacking.
--Ferdinand Foch-- at the Battle of the Marne

Kentbob

• JOAT
  • Level 4
  • Sound the horn and call the cry
    • Antrim Self-Protection
« Reply #38 on: April 21, 2006, 11:12:37 PM »

I know this is supposed to be about UFC and such, but I am curious what the rules are for fighting in Pride Fighting Championships.  Does anyone know?  I know they are different, I'm just curious how the two compare.

Kent
"Specialization is for insects."-Robert A. Heinlein

http://antrimmasp.blogspot.com/

mleone

Pride Rules
« Reply #39 on: April 22, 2006, 05:07:09 AM »

VICTORY

Matches are won via:
   Ippon
   A fighter taps either his opponent or the mat three times.
   Technical Knockout

A
   Referee Stoppage---If the referee sees that one fighter is completely dominant to the point of endangering his opponent, the referee will stop the match.

B
   Doctor Stoppage---In the event that a fighter is injured (via fair methods) and cannot continue the match, his opponent will be declared the winner. The ring doctor will be the one to determine whether the fighter can continue or not. In the event that an injury was caused by illegal methods, the perpetrator will be disqualified.

C
   Forfeited Match---A fighter's corner throws in the towel.
   Decision
   If the match goes the distance, then the outcome of the bout is determined by the three judges. A decision is made according to the following: the effort made to finish the fight via KO or submission, damage given to the opponent, standing combinations & ground control, aggressiveness and weight (in the case that the weight difference is 10kg/22lbs or more). The above criteria are listed according to priority. The fight is scored in its entirety and not round by round. After the third round, each judge must decide a winner. Matches cannot end in a draw.
   Disqualification
   A "warning" will be given in the form of a yellow card when a fighter commits an illegal action or does not follow the referee's instruction. Three warnings will result in a disqualification.
   No Contest
   In the event that both sides commit a violation of the rules, the bout will be declared a "No Contest."

GROUNDS FOR DISQUALIFICATION
The following acts are regarded as "illegal actions." When a fighter commits any of these illegal actions, he will be given a warning from the referee (in the form of a yellow card). Warnings will be considered as negative points in the event that the match goes to a decision. Three warnings will result in a disqualification.

No head butting, eye gouging, hair pulling, biting or fish hooking.
   No attacking the groin
   No strikes (kicks, elbows, punching) to the back of the head (which includes the occipital region and the spine). The sides of the head and the area around the ears are not considered to be the back of the head.
   No small joint manipulation (control of four or more fingers/toes is necessary).
   No elbow strikes to the head and face.
   No intentionally throwing your opponent out of the ring.
   No running out of the ring.
   No purposely holding the ropes. Fighters cannot purposely hang an arm or leg on the ropes. Hanging on the ropes will result in an immediate warning.
   No kicks or knees to the head or the face of an opponent who falls face down.
   No application of oil, ointment, spray, Vaseline, massaging cream, hair cream, or any other substances is permitted to any part of the fighter's body before and during the fights. The discovery of any of these substances will result in a disqualification.

NOTES
•
   In the event that a fighter is injured by illegal actions, then at the discretion of the referee and ring doctor, the round will attempt to be resumed after enough time has been given to the fighter to recover. If the match cannot be continued due to the severity of the injury then the fighter who perpetrated the action will be disqualified.
•
   In the event that both fighters are on the verge of falling out of the ring, the referee will alert them and ask them not to move. The fighters must immediately stop their movements and will then be pulled back to the center of the ring, exactly in the position they were in. They will then resume the fight at the referee's call.
•
   The “No Contest” Rule---When an illegal action disqualifies both fighters or the judges decide to stop the fight because of an accident (in the first round), then the fight shall be called a "No Contest." However, in the case that the accident happens during or after the second round, a decision shall be made according to the fighter's performance during the first round and the preceding round(s) before the accident occurred.
•
   Upon the fighter's choice, Gi, kneepads, elbow-pads, shin guards, taping and ankle supporter may be worn, but each should be checked by the referee before the fight. Mouthpieces and cups are mandatory for fighters.
•
   Weight classes are as follows:
Middleweight Class: Weight less than 93 kg/205 lbs.
Heavyweight Class: Weight more than or equal to 93 kg/ 205 lbs.
•
   If both fighters are in the middleweight class: If there is a weight difference of 10 kg/22 lbs or more between the fighters, then the lighter fighter is given a choice on whether or not to permit knees or kicks to the face when the fighters are in the "four points position."
•
   If both fighters are in the heavyweight class: If there is a weight difference of 15 kg/33 lbs or more between the fighters, then the lighter fighter is given a choice on whether or not to permit knees or kicks to the face when the fighters are in the "four points position."
•
   If the match is between a middleweight and heavyweight: If there is a weight difference of 10 kg/22 lbs or more between the fighters, then the lighter fighter is given a choice on whether or not to permit knees or kicks to the face when the fighters are in the "four points position."
•
   The PRIDE FC ring is 7 meters by 7 meters (approximately 23 feet by 23 feet).

ADDITIONAL NOTES

Rules for the BUSHIDO events are generally the same as PRIDE FC rules with some exceptions:
•
   In BUSHIDO fights are two rounds (instead of three). The first round is ten (10) minutes, and the second round is five (5) minutes. There are no extra rounds. If the fight goes the distance then judges decide on a winner.
•
   For BUSHIDO "Challenge Matches," fights are two (2) rounds. The first and second rounds are five (5) minutes each. If the fight goes to the full time limit no decision will be rendered. The fight will be ruled a draw.
•
   In BUSHIDO, red cards are used in the same way that yellow cards are used in PRIDE FC. In BUSHIDO, if fighters commit the following actions, they shall be given a red card by officials: Stalling or failure to initiate any offensive attack, making no attempt to finalize the match or damage the opponent, and holding the opponent's body with the arms and legs to produce a stalemate. A red card results in a 10% deduction/fine of the fighter's fight purse. A major difference in the penalty card system between PRIDE FC and BUSHIDO is that in PRIDE FC a total of three yellow cards results in a disqualification, while in BUSHIDO red cards can be given out in an unlimited number without disqualification

GRAND PRIX tournament events follow the same rules as standard PRIDE FC events with one exception:
•
   The round format shall be ten (10) minutes for the first round and five (5) minutes for the second round during tournaments in which fighters must fight more than once in the same event (most commonly in an event that will have the semi-finals and finals). During the opening round of a tournament in which the fighter will only be fighting once that evening, then the round format is the standard 10-5-5.

arnold

• the king of cool
  • Level 4
  • oh that will get you killed
« Reply #40 on: April 22, 2006, 05:17:51 AM »

Let's use one word, how about control. Be it in a training class, or in an everyday situation. Civilian or military, it is all about control. I've been asked a few times to spar in Rawhides class, and always try to control every shot, block whatever. Occaisionally a situation arises where someone gets clipped, but it is not a sustained injury. Yes I have hit people and dropped them, but the effect was only temporary.
I could elaborate on every situation, but think of any situation that control is not the deciding factor.
And now, the coffee is ready and I'm off the liberate the stupid, why, because ya can't fix stupid.
I leave you idiots alone for 5 minutes and I come back and you're all dancing around like a bunch of Kansas City faggots
you're all a bunch of slack jawed faggots around here, this stuff will make you a sexual tyrannosaurus, just like me!

Hock

• Administrator
  • Level 4
    • www.HocksCQC.com
« Reply #41 on: January 01, 2010, 08:24:53 AM »

Any of these rules changed?
How about from "league to league?"

Hock

whitewolf

• Level 4
« Reply #42 on: January 01, 2010, 08:50:19 AM »

Sounds like the typical day at army combatitives class-dont do this dont do that-hold him for your battle buddy to come help you-what a bunch of crap-
Lets keep on training like guys on our forum are doing-put them in the hospital at least
or finish it off and go home alive.
thats my story and i am sticking to it-ww (elb) "speed of light"

Hock

• Administrator
  • Level 4
    • www.HocksCQC.com
« Reply #43 on: June 18, 2010, 07:53:02 PM »

Are these the same fouls today as listed in the first entry?

Hock

Joe Hubbard

• London, England
  • Level 4
  • Transforming the Esoteric with the Exoteric!
    • www.functionalfighting.com
« Reply #44 on: June 22, 2010, 01:25:43 AM »

I think they are pretty much the same and are the governing rules agreed by several athletic commissions across the U.S.A., most noteably the Nevada State Athletic Commission.  The Unified Rules of MMA is what is used in the UFC and other popular fighting competitions such as Strike Force.

Joe
"The music business is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs.  There's also a negative side"

Hunter S. Thompson

www.joehubbardstreetsurvival.com

Visit My Blog: http://joehubbard.wordpress.com

Remo

• Level 2
« Reply #45 on: June 23, 2010, 02:57:30 PM »

Right On Fellas!!!!
"TOLERANCE is the virtue of a man without convictions"  G.K. Chesterson
Pages: 1 [2]

Download