W. Hock Hochheim's

Combat Centric

Talk Forum for Military, Police, Martial Artists and Aware Citizenry

Hock Hochheim's Combat Talk Forum

• July 22, 2018, 06:45:04 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Airsoft problem  (Read 1634 times)

Virgil

• Level 2
Airsoft problem
« on: May 25, 2006, 08:15:25 PM »

Hey,
    So I got an airsoft pistol maybe 8 mos, a year ago?  Haven't used it much, it's mostly ridden around in my gear bag.  Tonight I pull it out for some practice and it doesn't work!  I pull the trigger and hear the motor whirring, but no shot, no action.  I thought it was low batteries, but upon replacing them it does the same darned thing.
    Has someone experienced this before - is there something I can do to fix this, or is it just toast?
V.
Resist much. Obey little.

Professor

• In your house drinking your coffee
  • Level 4
  • The Warlord
Re: Airsoft problem
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2006, 11:23:38 AM »

Hey,
    So I got an airsoft pistol maybe 8 mos, a year ago?  Haven't used it much, it's mostly ridden around in my gear bag.  Tonight I pull it out for some practice and it doesn't work!  I pull the trigger and hear the motor whirring, but no shot, no action.  I thought it was low batteries, but upon replacing them it does the same darned thing.
    Has someone experienced this before - is there something I can do to fix this, or is it just toast?

add ammo.   ;)

sorry....not an airsoft smith.......God, did I just say that.....
  'Advanced' is being able to do the basics, despite what else is happening. 

Our Country won't go on forever, if we stay soft as we are now. There won't be any AMERICA because some foreign soldiery will invade us and take our women and breed a hardier race!"  --- Chesty Puller, USMC

Hock

• Administrator
  • Level 4
    • www.HocksCQC.com
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2006, 11:55:35 AM »

The airsoft guns are very touchy.
You can get expensive airsoft guns that matches your real gun. Much more sturdy.

Gas gun are much, much better but you need more protection.

The Crossman is the best I have found so far and they arn't that good either.
http://www.crosman.com/site/listing/1203

But they are very CHEAP...$30 or so and if you have a training day planned, get two for every person to be really safe.

I still have a Crossman I bought two years ago and it still works. Then I have taken them right of the package and some break.

Hock

Virgil

• Level 2
« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2006, 08:56:59 AM »

I suppose it's a blessing in disguise - I found an electric airsoft 1911 to replace it for only like $12.  Like you say, Hock, I'll probably buy two (or more) of them so I have a spare.
I like the idea of a gas gun, as they seem more durable.  My plan (when I get that good tenure-track job) was to get a quality gas gun that replicates my real 45. But Hock, I had gotten the impression that you didn't care for the gas guns for training b/c they hurt too much, so I'm not sure if it would be worth the money.
V.
Resist much. Obey little.

Hock

• Administrator
  • Level 4
    • www.HocksCQC.com
« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2006, 09:24:34 AM »

But Hock, I had gotten the impression that you didn't care for the gas guns for training b/c they hurt too much, so I'm not sure if it would be worth the money.

Actually only FOR ME as a traveling instructor. I have a problem with carrying the gas cannisters on planes and mandating that all the people who attend seminars have them, and all have the proper body protection.

Gas guns have been known to break glass windows, even mirrors. This is a problem for me in schools with windows, mirrors and even paint jobs on their walls. They even chip car paint.

So, all this limits my "outreach," to as many people as possible. It is better to some interactive fire training, than none at all.

Gas guns are really nice, they make noise, they hurt, they are a little scary.

In a perfect world we would all use Simunitions, BUT, I can't pull it off on a grand scale, week after week after week.

Hock

kayakpirate

• Level 2
  • "There are some who call me... Tim..."
« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2006, 09:25:57 AM »

I've picked up a KWC blow back.Runs off the green gas, shoots.20 plastic ball.
It hurts like the dickens! So you learn faster...get stronger...Most problems are usually sloved by replacing the mags.The seals seem to go on them first.
It works very well and has for a few years now.They do require a little attention with filling and cycling.Dont fire once the gas pressure goes low.Its better to  gas back up.If you dont you'll start getting doubles.Running the unit on low pressure can damage the unit.
All these things have their ups and downs.But the blow back is definitly a step up from my old electric.
Try Ebay.I got my KWC for 50.00 bucks on auction,The unit retails for 125. or so.

Jim

• Level 1
« Reply #6 on: May 29, 2006, 05:27:14 PM »

Yup,
One shot, one double glazed window, I love my gas Glock.
Great where stuff won't break.

Download