W. Hock Hochheim's

Combat Centric

Talk Forum for Military, Police, Martial Artists and Aware Citizenry

Hock Hochheim's Combat Talk Forum

• January 16, 2018, 07:32:08 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Training Long Guns  (Read 2043 times)

TAC

• Level 3
Training Long Guns
« on: June 04, 2006, 01:23:29 PM »

Howdy,

I'm looking to buy a rubber/foam rifle for training. I can't seem to find any sites online for here in the UK but I don't mind buying from the States. Only thing is, I can only seem to find these Blueguns that are no less that $120.00.
Anybody know any other sites where I can get cheaper ones?

Thanks folks

Sharif

Nick Hughes

• Level 4
    • Fight Survival
Re: Training Long Guns
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2006, 05:25:19 PM »

Sharif, I'd spend the money mate.  1. the expensive one should last you forever by rights...work out over the next ten years what that cost you per training session and it's not much.  2.  While you can practice the techniques with anything the nice thing about the expensive red and blue guns etc is they weigh pretty much the same as the real McCoy which is nice.

Nick
Hard pressed on my right. My center is yielding. Impossible to maneuver. Situation excellent. I am attacking.
--Ferdinand Foch-- at the Battle of the Marne

TAC

• Level 3
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2006, 11:58:43 AM »

Nick, thanks mate. But something else has caught my eye...

Has anybody had experience with those rubberband rifles? Hock (if you're reading this) I believe you use them in your gun course. How do they fair for training disarms? Obviously good for testing speed but I'm not sure what they are made from and I'm wondering if they have a tendancy to snap if landed on when training scenarios at near-to-full force?

Thanks again

Sharif

Hock

• Administrator
  • Level 4
    • www.HocksCQC.com
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2006, 12:16:04 PM »

Given the size of the common subgun, they are close and not bad.

Plus they shoot like a straight arrow for about 20 feet.

But wrestling with them is a problem. They will break.

In the USA we have old wooden, junk stocks with the barrel and mechanisms ripped put. They are about $5 a piece in ARmy/Navy stores here.

Many people duct tape a wooden dowel where the barrel goes and you have a piece of training gear for about $13 or so.

Hock
« Last Edit: June 05, 2006, 12:54:47 PM by HockHoch@aol.com »

Kentbob

• JOAT
  • Level 4
  • Sound the horn and call the cry
    • Antrim Self-Protection
« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2006, 12:45:21 PM »

I personally love my redgun M-16.  Nick is right about size and weight.  The weight also lends itself to certain calisthenics, known as rifle pt.  Which is admittedly, a secondary consideration, but something that I enjoy from time to time.  I think the red or blue guns are totally worth the money, but yeah, they're not cheap.

Kent
"Specialization is for insects."-Robert A. Heinlein

http://antrimmasp.blogspot.com/

Jim

• Level 1
« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2006, 03:04:51 PM »

A new manufacturer from Australia is SIMBAGUNS, they manufacture correctly weighted and balanced training guns.
They have started work in the UK now and prices are about 33 for a pistol and 112 for SMG or 124 for assault rifle. These are about the same prices as their competitors,but they weigh the same as real weapons, rather than being light and unbalanced. SIMBAGUNS also do unweighted training guns for less, the SMG at 88 so considerably less than there competitors.
Before this starts sounding like a sales pitch I must say that the finish wasn't quiet up to RED gun standard, but wasn't too bad. :)

Professor

• In your house drinking your coffee
  • Level 4
  • The Warlord
« Reply #6 on: June 06, 2006, 05:13:25 PM »

A new manufacturer from Australia is SIMBAGUNS, they manufacture correctly weighted and balanced training guns.
They have started work in the UK now and prices are about 33 for a pistol and 112 for SMG or 124 for assault rifle. These are about the same prices as their competitors,but they weigh the same as real weapons, rather than being light and unbalanced. SIMBAGUNS also do unweighted training guns for less, the SMG at 88 so considerably less than there competitors.
Before this starts sounding like a sales pitch I must say that the finish wasn't quiet up to RED gun standard, but wasn't too bad. :)

I couldn't find a website......  do you have one.   ???
  'Advanced' is being able to do the basics, despite what else is happening. 

Our Country won't go on forever, if we stay soft as we are now. There won't be any AMERICA because some foreign soldiery will invade us and take our women and breed a hardier race!"  --- Chesty Puller, USMC

Jim

• Level 1
« Reply #7 on: June 07, 2006, 05:49:30 AM »

They as yet don't have a web page but can be contacted at simbagun@fsmail.net
or at Simba Defence (UK) Ltd, 37 Lumley Road, Horley, Surrey, RH6 7JF, UK. 01293 822363
Hope this assists......

Professor

• In your house drinking your coffee
  • Level 4
  • The Warlord
« Reply #8 on: June 07, 2006, 08:12:14 AM »

or at Simba Defence (UK) Ltd, 37 Lumley Road, Horley, Surrey, RH6 7JF, UK. 01293 822363
Hope this assists......

Thanks.
  'Advanced' is being able to do the basics, despite what else is happening. 

Our Country won't go on forever, if we stay soft as we are now. There won't be any AMERICA because some foreign soldiery will invade us and take our women and breed a hardier race!"  --- Chesty Puller, USMC

Milldog1776

« Reply #9 on: June 07, 2006, 03:44:35 PM »

I have toyed with the idea of purchasing Red Guns and Blue Guns for several years now. Particularly for the inherit DMS value associated with them. ( I bet there is a thread on this forum where I have already talked about this with some of you.)

The problem:

If I were just training in my garage with a few buddies...no problem! I'd have a few. My problem is that I run a school, so for it to be a practical training tool for my classes...I need about 25 - 30 of these damn things!

That's 25 "Non Revenue Generating" pieces of equipment that I paid $250 each for!

Not a smart buisiness move. My guys get to use short staffs or they can bring their own Blue Guns!

TAC

• Level 3
« Reply #10 on: June 07, 2006, 05:24:34 PM »

Hope this assists......

Thanks Jim. I think i'll send them an e-mail. They're not too far from me. I did a search on google and noticed these guys will have a stall at the 2007 security confrence in Germany.

Sharif

Download