W. Hock Hochheim's

Combat Centric

Talk Forum for Military, Police, Martial Artists and Aware Citizenry

Hock Hochheim's Combat Talk Forum

• October 23, 2018, 04:36:27 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Hacking Post Construction  (Read 1229 times)

ee4uandme

• Level 1
Hacking Post Construction
« on: June 29, 2006, 10:54:32 PM »

Some advice for anyone looking to build a hacking post...

When building a hacking post try to find the metal wash basins shown in Hock's videos. I tried to recycle some items I had laying around: 2x4s, quickcrete and a Home Depot bucket. With the bucket the center of mass is too high and the rig tips over every time you give it a good whack from chest level and up. Tip strikes also cause it to tip over. I am going to have to make some modifications to make it more stable.

kayakpirate

• Level 2
  • "There are some who call me... Tim..."
Re: Hacking Post Construction
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2006, 07:29:38 AM »

I found a large plastic bucket.Its big enough to support a full size keg and ice.Has cool little rope handles on it that help in hauling it around.
I loaded it up with packcrete and a five foot 4x4. After a lot of use and being left outside,
the bucket dried out cracked and fell off.What remained worked as the packcrete was the same size and shape as the bucket.I thought that a metal bucket would rust so I tried this extra large plastic unit and it worked very well.Even after the plastic itself wore away.
Throw a plastic trash bag over the post itself.The rain can saturate the wood,this makes the post a lot harder than it really needs to be and due to this can cause a few problems that dont do much in the way of enhancing the whole hacking process.

Download