W. Hock Hochheim's

Combat Centric

Talk Forum for Military, Police, Martial Artists and Aware Citizenry

Hock Hochheim's Combat Talk Forum

• April 23, 2018, 08:55:30 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Goat staring knife thrower  (Read 2493 times)

Joe Hubbard

• London, England
  • Level 4
  • Transforming the Esoteric with the Exoteric!
    • www.functionalfighting.com
Goat staring knife thrower
« on: December 12, 2004, 12:14:17 AM »

I saw a weird programme on TV the other night called “Crazy Rulers Of The World.”  It was about covert military programmes developed after Viet Nam to create the ultimate killing machine.  One of the programmes was “goat staring” to see if a soldier could stop the heart of an animal by just looking at it.  This trial originally took place with dogs, but soon changed to goats.  Apparently the only guy who successfully stopped the heart of a goat was ex-Green Beret Michael D. Echanis who wrote Knife Fighting, Knife Throwing For Combat that has been reissued by Black Belt magazine.  It was said that although Echanis stopped the goat’s heart, this mental strain caused some damage to himself.  He should of stuck to the knife instead huh!

Cheers

Joe
"The music business is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs.  There's also a negative side"

Hunter S. Thompson

www.joehubbardstreetsurvival.com

Visit My Blog: http://joehubbard.wordpress.com

Trembula

Re: Goat staring knife thrower
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2004, 02:22:18 AM »

There is a lot of crazy stuff on TV... Echanis was never SF to my recollection. I think he was with the 173rd...

Anyway, for the ultimate Echanis treasure trove of knowledge, look here: http://stickgrappler2.tripod.com/kma/echanis.html - this is archived from a thread from Bladeforums.

Dan

Milldog1776

« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2004, 03:13:27 AM »

You Brits and your wacky T.V. shows.....LOL! You should watch professional wrestling like we do in America! Now that's real fighting!

Joe Hubbard

• London, England
  • Level 4
  • Transforming the Esoteric with the Exoteric!
    • www.functionalfighting.com
« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2004, 03:46:25 AM »

Well the TV show interviewed several top brass at Fort Bragg who denied the whole “goat staring” exercise, but others (one who was former head of military intel who claimed he was trying to implement walking through walls for SF) supported the far fetched theories.   The journalist who investigated this uncovered the story about Echanis showed pictures of him along with other SF members in Nam and Ft. Bragg.  They interviewed former Green Berets that served under Echanis who supported the “goat” incident.  They tried to claim that the government was covering up Echanis’ death, but it turns out that Echanis died by getting run down by a jeep in an exercise that went wrong.  Is it real or is it Memorex- who knows, but still makes an interesting story.

Cheers

Joe
"The music business is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs.  There's also a negative side"

Hunter S. Thompson

www.joehubbardstreetsurvival.com

Visit My Blog: http://joehubbard.wordpress.com

Professor

• In your house drinking your coffee
  • Level 4
  • The Warlord
« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2004, 08:09:33 AM »

Well the TV show interviewed several top brass at Fort Bragg who denied the whole “goat staring” exercise, but others (one who was former head of military intel who claimed he was trying to implement walking through walls for SF) supported the far fetched theories.   The journalist who investigated this uncovered the story about Echanis showed pictures of him along with other SF members in Nam and Ft. Bragg.  They interviewed former Green Berets that served under Echanis who supported the “goat” incident.  They tried to claim that the government was covering up Echanis’ death, but it turns out that Echanis died by getting run down by a jeep in an exercise that went wrong.  Is it real or is it Memorex- who knows, but still makes an interesting story.

Cheers

Joe

I'll just shake my head and walk away slowly.....    ::)
  'Advanced' is being able to do the basics, despite what else is happening. 

Our Country won't go on forever, if we stay soft as we are now. There won't be any AMERICA because some foreign soldiery will invade us and take our women and breed a hardier race!"  --- Chesty Puller, USMC

Download