W. Hock Hochheim's

Combat Centric

Talk Forum for Military, Police, Martial Artists and Aware Citizenry

Hock Hochheim's Combat Talk Forum

• January 18, 2018, 11:54:01 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Massad Ayoob  (Read 1648 times)

FormerlyExJkd

• Forum Member
Massad Ayoob
« on: November 10, 2006, 05:35:23 PM »

Does anyone know much about what Massad Ayoob teaches in his Lethel Froce seminars?

If so...what-if anything-do any of you feel is benefcial?

I hear so many people recommend his stuff; both his DVDs and his books.
"Rattlesnale, o' rattlesnake..what makes yer teeth so white? I been sittin in the bottom all my life, I ain't done nothin but bite"

410indashade

• Level 3
Re: Massad Ayoob
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2006, 07:50:35 PM »

The guy has done beaucoup research on shoot-outs and testifies in court about same as an expert witness.  I am unaware of any qualifications he may of may not have in H2H combat though.  He did contribute a design to the MOD line of tactical knives but I think that was just a matter of oppurtanity rather than any real expertise.  As we have seen with the Jim Wagner example you don't have to have expertise in knife combat to design a knife for combat, you just have to have a crackerjack PR team. 
"Adapt and overcome"

Milldog1776

« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2006, 08:14:27 PM »

From what I have seen and been told...he's a top hand.

Hock

• Administrator
  • Level 4
    • www.HocksCQC.com
« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2006, 09:25:05 PM »

More about this pioneer here if you will search on his name.

Get to the general topic page (which will search all topics) then type him in...

Hock

gumbey

• Level 3
« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2006, 01:24:47 AM »

When I first got into handguns, his books and magazine articles were my first source of information. Besides participating in numerous shooting competitions, he's also had training in Uechi-Ryu Karate and a variety of law enforcement defensive tactics (also a police officer). His "Lethal Force Institute" is one of the leading firearms and self-defense training centers nationwide. He is also one of the leading experts in self-defense laws and use of jusifiable force. His books that I have include Truth About Self-Protection, In the Gravest Extreme, The Semiautomatic Pistol in Police Service and Self-Defense, and Ayoob Files. Great information on them. For more info., go to ayoob.com

WTAC

• Aaron Warren
  • Level 2
    • WTAC Training
« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2006, 08:27:35 PM »

He puts on an excellent seminar dealing with the aftermatch of a shooting for civilians. How to respond to police questions, things like that. I know he has a martial arts back ground, and bases alot of his shooting stances on it. Never really seen anything from him dealing with unarmed combatives.
Aaron

Does anyone know much about what Massad Ayoob teaches in his Lethel Froce seminars?

If so...what-if anything-do any of you feel is benefcial?

I hear so many people recommend his stuff; both his DVDs and his books.

Captain38

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2007, 08:10:17 AM »

I attended Mas' LFI-1 and LFI-2 classes and have read about everything he's ever written.  I continue to find him readily available to take my questions on firearms related subjects and he would probably be the first person I would think of as an expert witness should I need to go to court following a self-defense shooting situation in which I was personally involved.

Hawkeye

• Level 1
« Reply #7 on: January 21, 2007, 09:30:57 AM »

Good stuff. You should be able to find the 5th Ed of Combat Handgunning in any book store. He wrote this edition.

I remember reading his magazine articles since I was a teenager. I've always wanted to attend one of his classes.

In The Gravest Extreme is his classic book for the civilian that carries a handgun. Must reading.

Cheers,
Dan Langevin

Download