W. Hock Hochheim's

Combat Centric

Talk Forum for Military, Police, Martial Artists and Aware Citizenry

Hock Hochheim's Combat Talk Forum

• January 22, 2018, 05:49:43 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Gurkha Warriors  (Read 3199 times)

Milldog1776

Gurkha Warriors
« on: December 23, 2004, 04:05:15 PM »

Hey everyone! Found this cool site with tons of info about the Gurkha Warriors. Good section about Khukuris further down the page.

http://www.himalayan-imports.com/gurkha.html

Kaliman33

• Level 2
Re: Gurkha Warriors
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2004, 03:32:19 AM »

The Kukri is my favorite combat knife. I have trained with Dr. Gyi in combat kukri, we have learned the 3x6 sets, 3x9 sets and the pennsylvania sets. we have hacked 4x4's and cut frozen bottles in half whils drawing, even dropped the knife in a bucket of motor oil to get the realisim of blood. Not many people really know how to use the kukri, once you do, you realize how f@#*king bad this knife really is. The cold steel kukri will take your head off in one swipe. This is what i keep under my mattress for things that go bump in the night.

Marc Halleck

Milldog1776

« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2004, 06:41:22 AM »

I was thinking about buying one of the Cold Steel Kukris. Good to know they are a good buy. Oh...at the bottom of that web page, there is 4 or 5 links to other Gurkha sites. Haven't looked at them yet, not enough time, too much info, ect.

P.S. Guro Halleck, I really liked your Silat Combatives DVD. I've incorporated some of the drills into my JKD class. My guys love it!!! I look forward to seeing levels 2-10, and maybe meeting you soon.

Kaliman33

• Level 2
« Reply #3 on: December 24, 2004, 11:19:51 PM »

Thanks,
level 2 is out now, it starts to get way more in depth, if you liked the drills in 1, wait til you see 2, any questions lem me know, also if you are interested in any cold steel product i am a distributer and can give you a geart deal.
let me know

Marc

Download