W. Hock Hochheim's

Combat Centric

Talk Forum for Military, Police, Martial Artists and Aware Citizenry

Hock Hochheim's Combat Talk Forum

• October 15, 2018, 01:07:51 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: PX4 Storm  (Read 4436 times)

Hock

• Administrator
  • Level 4
    • www.HocksCQC.com
PX4 Storm
« on: November 15, 2006, 08:39:01 PM »

http://www.px4storm.com/

Anybody shot it?
Anybody buy it?

How much?

Hock

Professor

• In your house drinking your coffee
  • Level 4
  • The Warlord
Re: PX4 Storm
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2006, 08:58:12 AM »

http://www.px4storm.com/

Anybody shot it?
Anybody buy it?

How much?

Hock

I can't believe I'm going to say this....

You are better off with the Glock....
  'Advanced' is being able to do the basics, despite what else is happening. 

Our Country won't go on forever, if we stay soft as we are now. There won't be any AMERICA because some foreign soldiery will invade us and take our women and breed a hardier race!"  --- Chesty Puller, USMC

Hock

• Administrator
  • Level 4
    • www.HocksCQC.com
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2006, 09:16:08 AM »

You are better off with the Glock....

Why?

cgonzales

• Level 3
  • NEMO ME IMPUNE LACESSIT
« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2006, 07:21:40 PM »

glock, tried and true no bells and such for the sake of bells and such.
and you are better off with a commander in 45. but lets not start that debate!
glocks work, are ugly but work, and widely aval. just about everywhere at reasonable prices.
and px4storm sounds like one of the XMen in my kids comic books.
                                                                                             my 2cnts.
"HE THAT HATH NO SWORD, LET HIM SELL HIS GARMENT AND BUY ONE."
Jesus Christ (Luke 22:36)

Hock

• Administrator
  • Level 4
    • www.HocksCQC.com
« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2006, 07:13:15 AM »

I am in position to need a gun at several locations in the USA now but not in a good position to be carrying them all around in transit...legally and all...

My coveting interest in certain guns (45 commander my Texican gun) this gives me a legit excuse to have and possess a few different kinds that I welll...kind of covet...(anybody esle have this multi-gun disease?)

We have small Glock laying around already.

The Feds have passed the retired Law Enforcement Carry law and technically a retired or old LEO vet can carry a pistol anywhere in the states! Great...

BUT! Running and setting up the standards have been passed down to the states and then individual agencies to establish and operate. My old department (and also about 99.5% of all agencies) are waiting for some state guidleines to operate this carry law under.

Agency by agency, no one in authoity really cares about it, as they are all active duty.

That would solve a lot but ...the govrment Frankenstein lumbers along.

Steve Camp, who frequents here, might have the latest news on this status...

Hock
« Last Edit: November 22, 2006, 05:51:53 AM by HockHoch@aol.com »

Professor

• Level 4
  • The Warlord
« Reply #5 on: November 18, 2006, 10:45:47 AM »

I am in position to need a gun at several locations in the USA now but not in a good position to be carrying them all around in transit...legally and all...

My coveting interest in certain guns (45 commander my Texican gun) this gives me a legit excuse to have and possess a few different kinds that I welll...kind of covet...(anybody esle have this multi-gun disease?)

We have small Glock laying around already.

The Feds have passed the rited Law Enforcement Carry law and technically a retired or old LEO vet can carry a pistol anywhere in the states! Great...

BUT! Running and setting up the standards have been passed down to the states and then individual agencies to establish and operate. My old department (and also about 99.5% of all agencies) are waiting for some state guidleines to operate this carry law under.

Agency by agency, no one in authoity really cares about it, as they are all active duty.

That would solve a lot but ...the govrment Frankenstein lumbers along.

Steve Camp, who frequesnts here, might have the latest news on this status...

Hock

Glock:    I have one in 9mm...and shoots fine.  Personally, I don't like the trigger; I don't like the sights; I don't like the angle of the grip to barrel; I don't like that it doesn't have a manual safety.  However, it's interchangable with others; it goes bang everytime I pull the trigger; it's accurate enough; it has lots of avenues for spare parts.

1911:   A professional's gun. But, you need to be very familiar with it to make it your primary defensive weapon.

I love the Kimber Ultra Carry

Either will keep safe.   Of course this ain't a bad choice either (Ruger SP 101)

For you and Jane: 

Qualify (if needed) on the longer barreled Glock/1911 and carry the shorter barreled Glock/1911.  This provide interchangability of magazines and equipment....

Uncle Nicky and I disagree on which is best, but, we both agree that capable hands will allow either to defend your life.

Our Country won't go on forever, if we stay soft as we are now. There won't be any AMERICA because some foreign soldiery will invade us and take our women and breed a hardier race!"  --- Chesty Puller, USMC

cgonzales

• Level 3
« Reply #6 on: November 18, 2006, 07:13:06 PM »

cool "Have Gun Will Travel" should be on your next shirt!
(i want the first two)
just something to think about if you will have several locals with a roscoe waiten' for you when you gets there
1.maybe they should all be the same kind/brand/caliber
that way you only have to buy one set of gear i.e. holster, mags/carrier

Professor

• Level 4
  • The Warlord
« Reply #7 on: November 18, 2006, 09:36:18 PM »

cool "Have Gun Will Travel" should be on your next shirt!
(i want the first two)
just something to think about if you will have several locals with a roscoe waiten' for you when you gets there
1.maybe they should all be the same kind/brand/caliber

Great holster maker (and at the local gun shows):

http://www.comp-tac.com/

Professor

• Level 4
  • The Warlord
« Reply #8 on: November 18, 2006, 11:27:35 PM »

Uncle Sam says:

410indashade

• Level 3
« Reply #9 on: November 19, 2006, 04:29:22 PM »

Hock, as an inveterate gun buyer and trader I recommend trying before buying, if you can find a range that has one as a rental.  If you like it after shooting it, then buy it.  Just be careful when intermixing types of actions on your carry guns.  I find that there is little difference between trigger pull of my Glock 36 and Springfield 1911 at 7 yards that I cannot live with.  And it would be a good thing if they were all the same caliber!  ;D   
"Adapt and overcome"

Hock

• Administrator
  • Level 4
    • www.HocksCQC.com
« Reply #10 on: November 20, 2006, 08:15:14 AM »

...maybe they should all be the same kind/brand/caliber

But, but...that is part of the disease....the treatment...buying all that extra stuff.
I really don't mind having different guns. I have many different ones, duty guns, back up guns. Car gun. Office gun. Bedroom gun. Lawn chair gun. Garage gun. Grass cutting gun.....

Hock
« Last Edit: November 20, 2006, 08:36:04 AM by HockHoch@aol.com »

Professor

• Level 4
  • The Warlord
« Reply #11 on: November 20, 2006, 08:34:23 AM »

...maybe they should all be the same kind/brand/caliber

But, but...that is part of the disease....the treatment...buying all that extra stuff.
I really don't having different guns. I have many different ones, duty guns, back up guns. Car gun. Office gun. Bedroom gun. Lawn chair gun. Garage gun. Grass cutting gun.....

Hock

Come over here.....I'll give you a hug and a med.     loud guns and sharp knives are good......

arnold

• the king of cool
  • Level 4
  • oh that will get you killed
« Reply #12 on: November 20, 2006, 10:19:11 AM »

Yes, but what about the big shiny gun you carry when listening to Show Tunes?
I leave you idiots alone for 5 minutes and I come back and you're all dancing around like a bunch of Kansas City faggots
you're all a bunch of slack jawed faggots around here, this stuff will make you a sexual tyrannosaurus, just like me!

410indashade

• Level 3
« Reply #13 on: November 20, 2006, 01:27:56 PM »

ixney, ixney, ixney Hoch, what I intended was that you buy the thing but after trying to get an oppurtunity to fire it.  That way you can at least say you tried.  You can't help it if your attempt at due diligence failed especially with a piece just now on the market but it gives you plausable deniability.  If at some future date should you complain about the gun in earshot of some wiseacre gunny like me.  The two suggestions I made about action type and caliber are only guidelines and as such I frequently ignore them myself.    8)
"Adapt and overcome"

Hock

• Administrator
  • Level 4
    • www.HocksCQC.com
« Reply #14 on: November 20, 2006, 03:22:16 PM »

Yes, but what about the big shiny gun you carry when listening to Show Tunes?

Technically speaking and currently on my CD changer...
I have,  - 

Cream
Hendrix
newer Johnny Cash
Katie Lang
Willie nelson
Leslie West (from Mountain)
Joe Hubbard's Vanishing Point
Isaac Hayes
Bob Dylan
Crosby, Stills, Nash and Young  (Deja Vu)
The Wild West: Essential Western Movie Themes
Ocean's 12 Soundtrack

all of these can be covered by good .45 or a .357 revolver...
Hock

cgonzales

• Level 3
« Reply #15 on: November 20, 2006, 08:19:48 PM »

KEEP YER HANDS OFF MY WILLE!!!!!!

Professor

• Level 4
  • The Warlord
« Reply #16 on: November 20, 2006, 08:42:05 PM »

KEEP YER HANDS OFF MY WILLE!!!!!!

If you would leave your willie in your pants, the other passengers would not feel the need to feel your willie.  Sit back, relax...the smoke will take hold soon.....breath, hold, exhale.... 

Oh well, back to driving....  8)

Stephen A. Camp

• Forum Member
« Reply #17 on: November 21, 2006, 09:21:48 PM »

Hello, Hoch.  So far as I know, there is no movement forward on doing the qualification thing to get it going...at least not at our old department.

Best.

arnold

• the king of cool
  • Level 4
« Reply #18 on: November 22, 2006, 05:55:51 AM »

If my twisted noodle strainer of a memory serves me correctly, didn't you at one time have a colt "python", back in your younger days, of course.
But what tunes do you have for your 8 track?
I leave you idiots alone for 5 minutes and I come back and you're all dancing around like a bunch of Kansas City faggots
you're all a bunch of slack jawed faggots around here, this stuff will make you a sexual tyrannosaurus, just like me!

Hock

• Administrator
  • Level 4
    • www.HocksCQC.com
« Reply #19 on: November 22, 2006, 09:01:29 AM »

After one of our officers was nearly killed in a shoot-out, the admin relunctantly let us carry semi-autos so we could reload faster... while being shot at But, by that time I had a Colt Python .357. I love revolvers and still have a few laying around here, even though they are extinct dinosuar guns.

My 8 track collection includes many great country western stars. My favorite being Boots Paloma Atkins and the Red Clay Dirt Dobbers  (what steel guitars, and those Mexican strumpets, er, I mean trumpets!!) and their title love song rendition of -

"I hate every bone in your body, except mine."

It was the wedding song of my second marriage.

The problem is, in the middle of the title track, it has to stop and rewind! Ruins the melody, but if your having sex by it? You can take a quick coffee break.

Hock

« Last Edit: November 23, 2006, 07:22:03 AM by HockHoch@aol.com »

arnold

• the king of cool
  • Level 4
« Reply #20 on: November 23, 2006, 05:37:43 AM »

I now pass the noodle strainer and tin foil hat to you. The last entry now has me convinced, I am not worthy. Except when my new meds come in, then look out, cause' I'm on top of my game. ( If people will actually let me play)

grlaun

• Rawhide
  • Level 4
  • Jeff 'Rawhide' Laun
« Reply #21 on: November 23, 2006, 06:58:54 AM »

Now thats funny, I don't care who you are!
Cheat in Beginning - Cheat in the Middle - Cheat in the End
Official Evil Ninja - 2008
Texas Peace Officer 8/2009
"You're making the wrong assumption that a Marine by himself is outnumbered"
Gen Peter Pace, 28Jul06
"You tell that muthaf**ka, he owes me money!"

threegun

• Level 3
« Reply #22 on: December 15, 2006, 08:12:16 AM »

Hock, I own one and have shot it. It shoots like a dream. It is very accurate. It feels great in my hand. Recoil is soft. It is going to make a fine fighting gun.

That said I will stay with my Glocks. My 34 was shot side by side with my Storm and the Glock had less muzzle rise, shot just as accurately and feels great in my hand also........to push out the incumbent you have to be better. The Storm is real close to equal. Closer than any other gun I have fired to replacing my Glocks.

TwoGun

• Level 2
« Reply #23 on: December 16, 2006, 12:16:16 PM »

I've shot a Storm a couple of time.  A friend has one.  He's not really a gun guy, in fact the Storm was the first gun he has ever purchased.  We shot my plate rack with it a few times and I have a few simple observations:

Once on target, the lack of recoil made it very quick to transition between targets.  It was comfortable to shoot and never bobbled in operation with the cheap 9MM ball ammo we were shooting.  It did not fit me paticularly well however and I felt "hunched" when shooting it. 

It was easy to shoot and fast but underpowered for a firearm of that size.  I suppose it has it's place since it falls to a paticular power range.  In urban areas it is not like the more traditional .223 with the accompaning penetration concerns and it has better pin point accuracy than a shotgun.  It has marginal advantages over a handgun in the same caliber in  terms of accuracy and power.

Living in a rather remote country area I would have little enough use for one.  A CAR15 would server me better or one of my high capacity 1911 format guns.  However an urban dweller might prefer one or it might suffice as a vehicle gun in certain circumstances.  I'd prefer it in a .40 over 9MM.

Just my two cents worth after limited exposure.

Download