W. Hock Hochheim's

Combat Centric

Talk Forum for Military, Police, Martial Artists and Aware Citizenry

Hock Hochheim's Combat Talk Forum

• December 16, 2018, 01:28:48 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Zero to Five Feet  (Read 1570 times)

Hock

• Administrator
  • Level 4
    • www.HocksCQC.com
Zero to Five Feet
« on: May 20, 2007, 06:57:13 PM »

In from the Department of Justice statistics on Law Enforcement Officers Killed and Assaulted (LEOKA),

There were 532 officers were shot and killed at distances from zero to five feet between 1996 and 2005.
In the year 2005 alone, 50 officers were killed within five feet of the offender.

Estimates suggest that about half of officers killed during the past decade were killed at a distance from zero to five feet.

There are no such stats for civilians.
Hock

Bryan Lee

• Level 4
  • Rogue Elephant
Re: Zero to Five Feet
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2007, 01:48:50 AM »

In from the Department of Justice statistics on Law Enforcement Officers Killed and Assaulted (LEOKA),

There were 532 officers were shot and killed at distances from zero to five feet between 1996 and 2005.
In the year 2005 alone, 50 officers were killed within five feet of the offender.

Estimates suggest that about half of officers killed during the past decade were killed at a distance from zero to five feet.

There are no such stats for civilians.
Hock

Are there any other statistics available with this like how many incidents were gun on gun verses an officer loosing control of their own weapon and being shot by it. It would also be interesting to see how many suspects were dispatched in that same range or Red Zone as I refer to the 0-7 ft range. While it is a given that all officers engaged by edged weapons would be cut at extreme close qaurters are there any statistic on how many officers were killed by knives, how many were sliced, how many were stabbed, and how many knife yielding suspects were dispatched for their troubles.

I suspect with civilians the numbers would be even greater as far as extreme close shooting. With  police it is common for a suspect to take flight verses the civilian world where the predator already has the gun and a plan to use it. It is very uncommen for a criminal to go after cops but just normal business for them to go after each other and civilians they wish to victimize. There is also a common problem of the untrained loosing their weapon during any struggle, weapons directed into car windows and striking with a weapon only to have it fire.

Gotta go, were having puppies!
JimH, "Bryan, have you seen the Elephant?"  Bryan Lee, "I Am The MotherFFFFing Elephant!"

arnold

• the king of cool
  • Level 4
  • oh that will get you killed
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2007, 06:19:09 AM »

What are you serving them with?
I leave you idiots alone for 5 minutes and I come back and you're all dancing around like a bunch of Kansas City faggots
you're all a bunch of slack jawed faggots around here, this stuff will make you a sexual tyrannosaurus, just like me!

Bryan Lee

• Level 4
  • Rogue Elephant
« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2007, 11:09:53 AM »

What are you serving them with?

My house maid was watching one of my pregnant dogs and started yelling that a puppy came out. We now have 5 healthy American Pit Bull Terrier Pups drinking milk on the back porch.

« Last Edit: May 21, 2007, 01:31:06 PM by Bryan Lee »
JimH, "Bryan, have you seen the Elephant?"  Bryan Lee, "I Am The MotherFFFFing Elephant!"

arnold

• the king of cool
  • Level 4
  • oh that will get you killed
« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2007, 01:04:29 PM »

Congrats.... Alpha Dad ;D
I leave you idiots alone for 5 minutes and I come back and you're all dancing around like a bunch of Kansas City faggots
you're all a bunch of slack jawed faggots around here, this stuff will make you a sexual tyrannosaurus, just like me!

spanky

• Level 3
  • PEACE through SUPERIOR FIREPOWER
« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2007, 09:22:35 PM »

Heck Hock

Just use the dog catcher it works on all kinds of attacks and puppies too  :P

Download