W. Hock Hochheim's

Combat Centric

Talk Forum for Military, Police, Martial Artists and Aware Citizenry

Hock Hochheim's Combat Talk Forum

• April 26, 2018, 09:37:45 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: bren-ten  (Read 995 times)

FormerlyExJkd

• Forum Member
bren-ten
« on: January 18, 2007, 05:38:55 PM »

Guys,

The "Bren-Ten" auto-pistol was a 10 mm pistol made popular, in part, in the 80s TV series Miami Vice (the movie sucked btw--no Olmos??)

I guess it was supposed to facilitate all the benefits of both the revolver and the semi-auto pistol. As I read the tid-bit info about it in Wikipedia, I just see that it's manufacturer went bankrupt.But, what happened to it?

And what made the company that manufactured it go out of bizz? It does not really say that too clearly. DOES the weapon still even exist?Or has it evolved into something better (the "500" perhaps?). Whatever became of the Bren-Ten?
"Rattlesnale, o' rattlesnake..what makes yer teeth so white? I been sittin in the bottom all my life, I ain't done nothin but bite"

Hock

• Administrator
  • Level 4
    • www.HocksCQC.com
Re: bren-ten
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2007, 05:49:05 PM »

Hawkeye

• Level 1
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2007, 09:24:36 AM »

The Bren Ten had it's problems. Too much pressure or something? It's a collectors gun now.

The 10mm cartridge still exists. Glock makes two, in models G20 and G29. I think Sig Sauer may also make a 10mm.

Cheers,
Dan Langevin

TwoGun

• Level 2
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2007, 06:25:04 PM »

The Bren-Ten did have its issues.  One of them was that magazines became almost impossible to come across.  However the Bren-Ten did prove the concept and Colt introduced the Delta, a 1911 format pistol in 10MM that enjoyed a following for a while.  After that several other 10MM pistols showed up on the scene and a few are still in production.

The 10MM is a pretty interesting round but unless you are a pretty experinced shooter it is difficult to shoot well at speed.  That said it can be a good choice for some.

FormerlyExJkd

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2007, 11:46:17 PM »

Thanks guys.And thanks Hock----WHO EVIDNETLY HAD ACCESS TO THAT FRIGGIN SITE THE WHOLE TIME!!COULDA GIVEN IT TO ME ON E MAIL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LOL..just kiddin. Yeah seems like a lot to handle for me.Wheelguns for me.
"Rattlesnale, o' rattlesnake..what makes yer teeth so white? I been sittin in the bottom all my life, I ain't done nothin but bite"

Download