W. Hock Hochheim's

Combat Centric

Talk Forum for Military, Police, Martial Artists and Aware Citizenry

Hock Hochheim's Combat Talk Forum

• April 22, 2018, 01:00:34 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: rangemaster  (Read 915 times)

EpicThought

• Level 2
rangemaster
« on: February 19, 2007, 03:15:40 PM »

The 2007 rangemaster tactical conference is this weekend. Is anybody going or has anybody been? This will be the first year I have been able to go. It sounds like it will be really good.

Here are some of the trainers and their topics:
John Farnam, Defensive Shotgun, live fire on the range
Jeff Chudwin, Patrol Rifle, live fire on the range
Steve Moses, Carbine Snap-Shooting, live fire on the range
Paul Gomez, Jamie Jackson, Ian McDevitt- Gunshot Wound Treatment for Combatants,
classroom
Skip Gochenour, Criminal Psychology, classroom
Will Andrews, Instructor Development, classroom
Lee Aldridge, Hand to Hand Skills Integrated with Gun
John Hearne, Tactics, classroom
William Aprill, Handgun Disarms/Retention
Karl Rehn, Airsoft Force on Force scenarios, Funhouse
Claude Werner, Gunfight Studies, classroom.

Do any of you have any info on any of these instructors? I'm not sure how many classes you can attend. Its only a two day conference. But if you guys could give me some info on any of these guys it would help me decide. Thanks ahead of time.

410indashade

• Level 3
Re: rangemaster
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2007, 03:58:53 AM »

I've heard nothing but good things about Farnham but he's made his mark in competitions so take what he says with that in mind.  The rest I have never heard about.  But I have attended too many of these type things and for me Hock is the man when it comes to topics like gun retention and H2H.  If I were attending I would try to get all the range time I could, skip the psycho-babble and pick-up a classroom or two on tactics.   
"Adapt and overcome"

Hock

• Administrator
  • Level 4
    • www.HocksCQC.com
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2007, 05:45:36 AM »

Only heard of Farnum...

Every month there are dozens of new gun experts getting around and even opening up ranges in every state. Just like in the self defense field. (Have you opened up Black Belt mag lately?) The amount of general information running around out there is enormus. Most of them are regurgitating both good and stale information.

Ground breaking and vital these days? Sims training where people shot at each other - a great basis for reality and training development. And, for psch, med science and law, places like Bill Lewinski's Force Sciece (seeing them next week) 

And of course...vital too? Getting offf the couch and doing SOMETHING that seems positive. So, have fun going! Take notes! Meet and greet. Keep that discerning, yet opening eye!

Hock

Hock

krcoryju

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2007, 06:46:04 PM »

Had a chance to train with Farnum for 4 days when he was still doing Executive Security Internationals training ...he's good one of the best --- still have one of his books in my range bag and his wife vicki's book on my desk at work ... If you want to help women to shoot better its a must buy

Download