W. Hock Hochheim's

Combat Centric

Talk Forum for Military, Police, Martial Artists and Aware Citizenry

Hock Hochheim's Combat Talk Forum

• July 20, 2018, 08:01:59 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: The "gun control" debate in Switzerland  (Read 2589 times)

Kentbob

• JOAT
  • Level 4
  • Sound the horn and call the cry
    • Antrim Self-Protection
The "gun control" debate in Switzerland
« on: May 06, 2007, 09:23:01 AM »

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2007/04/29/AR2007042900133.html?hpid=topnews

"No gun law will ever stop the crazy man from doing outrageous things," said Ferdinand Hediger of Pro Tell, a gun owners' association.

Really?  That's strange, because that seems to be the WHOLE THEORY behind "gun control" activists.  So if a gun law won't stop the crazy man, what pray tell will?

Kent
"Specialization is for insects."-Robert A. Heinlein

http://antrimmasp.blogspot.com/

Bri Thai

Re: The "gun control" debate in Switzerland
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2007, 11:43:40 AM »

Apparently nothing. 

Nick Hughes

• Level 4
    • Fight Survival
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2007, 09:07:35 AM »

A bullet through the head usually does. ;)
Hard pressed on my right. My center is yielding. Impossible to maneuver. Situation excellent. I am attacking.
--Ferdinand Foch-- at the Battle of the Marne

arnold

• the king of cool
  • Level 4
  • oh that will get you killed
« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2007, 10:16:26 AM »

That's my Uncle Nicky! ;D
I leave you idiots alone for 5 minutes and I come back and you're all dancing around like a bunch of Kansas City faggots
you're all a bunch of slack jawed faggots around here, this stuff will make you a sexual tyrannosaurus, just like me!

Bri Thai

« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2007, 10:33:17 AM »

The problem is that those bullets have a nasty habit of going into the wrong head.

threegun

• Level 3
« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2007, 11:45:54 AM »

Thats where true gun control comes into play. The gun control that means being able to hit your target :o. BTW Bri none of my bullets have never entered someones head. Been carrying with a permit since 1992 and without a permit for many years before that.

Nick Hughes

• Level 4
    • Fight Survival
« Reply #6 on: May 10, 2007, 09:21:43 PM »

actually Bri...just to play devil's advocate...entering the wrong head is actually an anomaly, not a habit at all.

The definition of habit is:  recurrent, often unconscious pattern of behavior that is acquired through frequent repetition.

The most frequent repetition is bullets hitting exactly who they were intended for.  We tend to hear about the anomalys more simply because the press focuses on shit that goes wrong, not shit that goes right.

600,000 people drove to and from work today in my city and the news didn't talk about any of them.  They did cover the three accidents that happened though.

Over 1,000,000 houses didn't burn down...they did cover the one that did though.

Shootings and misuses of guns gets exactly the same disproportianate attention...no news outlet ever reports the thousands of correct uses of firearms that happen ever day as there's no mileage in that shite.

As for your point in another post about "if we have so many guns why is there a need to pull them...due to the adage about an armed society being a polite one etc' there's a slight misconception in your reasoning.

Not everyone in our society is armed.  We have a choice here to do so if we wish and many many people opt not to.  The crooks are counting on running into those people which is why the crime rate is disproportionately higher in cities that have strict gun ownership laws.

In the counties in the United States that enforce mandatory gun ownership there is almost NO crime to speak of.  I'd say that's pretty polite.

Nick

Hard pressed on my right. My center is yielding. Impossible to maneuver. Situation excellent. I am attacking.

Bri Thai

« Reply #7 on: May 11, 2007, 07:32:42 AM »

What do you mean by "correct" use of guns?

arnold

• the king of cool
  • Level 4
  • oh that will get you killed
« Reply #8 on: May 11, 2007, 10:24:44 AM »

That's my Uncle Nicky!
As for the correct use, I would say, hunting, target, personal protection, not necessarily in that order.
I leave you idiots alone for 5 minutes and I come back and you're all dancing around like a bunch of Kansas City faggots
you're all a bunch of slack jawed faggots around here, this stuff will make you a sexual tyrannosaurus, just like me!

Nick Hughes

• Level 4
    • Fight Survival
« Reply #9 on: May 11, 2007, 10:36:52 AM »

By correct use of guns I mean their legal intended use.  I.e. for hunting, personal protection, law enforcement and sport.

Firearms are very much like automobiles in my opinion, in so much that they can be used A) for personal use, B) for commercial use and C) Criminal use.

A) In the case of cars would be personal transport, rally driving, racing

B) Would be taxi drivers, transport vans, busses, etc

C) Would be hit & run, getaway car, road rage, drunk driving, car jacking and so on.

You do not, in fact you can not eliminate C by punishing A & B.  If your powers that be in the UK suddenly came out with a plan to eliminate drunk driving, car jacking, road rage etc by taking the vehicles away from honest people using them for A & B there'd be a hue and cry the likes of which we've never seen.

I see guns the same way...

A) Personal defense, sporting weapons, (target shooting and hunting etc)

B) Security guards, law enforcement, body guards the military

C) murder, bank robbery, mugging, sniping from overpasses etc

As in the case of the vehicle analogy I don't see how you think punishing A & B is the way to go to eliminate C.  What they need to do is simply punish people, as we do in the automobile scenario, who choose to use said car/gun for nefarious purposes and leave the honest people alone.

Nick

threegun

• Level 3
« Reply #10 on: May 15, 2007, 04:26:04 AM »

Great post Nick. Nice and simple so that even Br..........I mean those not capable of logical thinking can get it LOL.

Bri Thai

« Reply #11 on: May 17, 2007, 04:10:42 PM »

I only asked!

threegun

• Level 3
« Reply #12 on: May 18, 2007, 01:19:32 PM »

You only asked and he only answered eloquently. I threw in the old American elbow just for fun LOL.

Download