W. Hock Hochheim's

Combat Centric

Talk Forum for Military, Police, Martial Artists and Aware Citizenry

Hock Hochheim's Combat Talk Forum

• June 25, 2018, 09:55:48 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Collapsable baton  (Read 3738 times)

whitewolf

• Level 4
Collapsable baton
« on: May 03, 2007, 08:20:08 AM »

Question for all-I carry a collapsable Baton in the middle of  my  back (it is closed) when I patrol a particular section of  Kuwait city (I cant carry a  pistol here in Kuwait)
The question is any suggestions on   where else  some of  you  carry it besides in the palm of  your  hand?
I have  had training with the weapon and i have  modified it a  little where i sandpapered the
first bar and it comes out quickly.
Any ideas will be greatly appreciated-whitewolf from kuwait

Trainer

Re: Collapsable baton
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2007, 08:43:14 AM »

I carry mine on my dominant side although im still able to access it with my non dominant if needed. Fron this position i can retain and defend the baton (and all other equipment).

I dont carry any equipment around the back. If i get pushed over and land on it. I may hurt my spine and or damage the what ever it was i was carrying making it pretty much usless. Also carrying equipment around the back the is a great way for someone to come up and take it, in particulr with mulitiple people around. Remember S.H.C.I.T (Shit Heads Come In Twos)

Hock

• Administrator
  • Level 4
    • www.HocksCQC.com
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2007, 08:47:46 AM »

whitewolf

• Level 4
« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2007, 01:18:17 PM »

Trainer-thank you for the quick  response-Couple thoughts-I am in civilian clothes out  here and no
equipment on the belt-My baton has  rubber covering and i  have  practised  falling with it inside belt on the middle of  back (shirt is outside covering it)-did not seem to hurt when i  fell-i understand about attackers in 2's- i try to observe what is around me before i continue down the street to check the particular  building-if it dont look to  good i  wait or turn around-i know anything can  happen-i have also put baton inside side pocket -seems like i  can  withdraw it from rear  quicker as i take it out it is opening-ill also check out the dvd Hock put out-thanks again  whitewolf from kuwait.

Trainer

« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2007, 03:39:30 PM »

I have seem shoulder rigs for batons, just like pistol only for baton. Wear a light jacket over the top and your good to go

Kentbob

• JOAT
  • Level 4
  • Sound the horn and call the cry
    • Antrim Self-Protection
« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2007, 04:28:10 PM »

I carried mine on my outer tactical vest in Iraq, right next to my magazines.  Since you don't seem to have one of those, I dunno.

Kent
"Specialization is for insects."-Robert A. Heinlein

http://antrimmasp.blogspot.com/

Petri

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on: May 03, 2007, 04:42:55 PM »

Hello,

I carry my collapsible baton on my right side (I`m right- handed) in front of my gun (if I carry one). I carry it "upside down" so that the tip of the baton is facing upwards. This way unholstering the baton is wery similar to unholstering a gun.

whitewolf

• Level 4
« Reply #7 on: May 03, 2007, 08:49:15 PM »

trainer-Now that you mention it i saw a vest downtown the othe day-i will  pick one up and go to a
tailor to have a pocket put inside that baton will fit into-that should work-thanks whitewolf

Trainer

« Reply #8 on: May 04, 2007, 05:51:35 AM »

As long as you can access it under stress its all good! let me know how it works out for ya!

whitewolf

• Level 4
« Reply #9 on: May 04, 2007, 08:17:23 AM »

trainer-will advise how it works out-ill hang up  my punching bag and use it as a attacker and practise draw/strike tactics-i was advised once that if the opponent is withing arms  distance it is  better to strike first than try to reach  for weapon as you just  wont  make it in  time. I just  want to  run right over the attacker...whitewolf

Trainer

« Reply #10 on: May 05, 2007, 07:32:08 AM »

The most common mistake i have seen 1s students relying on the man made weapon when Gods given weapon is ready to go. I have seen it with firearm, baton, and OC, everyone attempting to draw the weapon instead of starting with the hands, move off line to the attack, create time and distance and then draw down.

mercop

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on: May 23, 2007, 09:58:57 AM »

The most common mistake i have seen 1s students relying on the man made weapon when Gods given weapon is ready to go. I have seen it with firearm, baton, and OC, everyone attempting to draw the weapon instead of starting with the hands, move off line to the attack, create time and distance and then draw down.

Good advice.  People feel the need to use the tool in their hand no matter what the situation calls for.  I get a kick out of it when people talk about having a knife drawn in a parking lot for no particular reason.

As far as carry for the baton.  My rule is all tools for people problems are carried between the seams of the pants to the front.  On patrol I make a 1 inch exception and carry behind the pistol.  Off duty or plain closes I am a fan of crossdraw in the waistband.  I find few ways faster to introduce the closed baton than that angle #6 backhand.

WTAC

• Aaron Warren
  • Level 2
    • WTAC Training
« Reply #12 on: May 29, 2007, 11:57:35 AM »

As an ASP tactical baton instructor ASP suggests and I do carry the baton behind my firearm on duty. ASP also suggests two belt keepers between your  firearms hoster and the baton holster. Off duty or for EP work I carry a 16" airweight in a nylon pocket holster. I carry it tip down in my rear pocket with an outter garment coving it.
Aaron

ee4uandme

• Level 1
« Reply #13 on: July 30, 2007, 10:55:52 AM »

I cary my CB inside my strong side front pocket. It sits along the back edge of my pcket like marker. It isn't very noticable, even in dress slacks. The handle tip is just below the opening of the pocket so no digging is required to deploy it, I can even access it sitting in a chair. "Let me get the money out of my front pocket" sounds reasonable if I get caught behind the 8-ball.

Download