W. Hock Hochheim's

Combat Centric

Talk Forum for Military, Police, Martial Artists and Aware Citizenry

Hock Hochheim's Combat Talk Forum

• April 21, 2018, 07:23:50 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Hocks Stick DVD Not Worth The Money  (Read 3051 times)

redcap

• "I've done dead, didn't like it" 22 June 2009
  • Level 4
    • Streetwise Philippines
Hocks Stick DVD Not Worth The Money
« on: July 18, 2007, 04:28:16 AM »

That's right!  I just received my three DVD boxed set of 1,2 and 3 in the SDMS Combat Impact Weapons Course and quite frankly its not worth the money I paid for it. It is actually worth a lot more!  So far due to time restraints I have watched maybe 27 minutes of it in detail with a lot of flashing through the other discs.  Already I have several great new drills and concepts that will add value to what I already teach (which is perfect of course, it will now be perfecter) so I have my money back with more to come!  Can anyone spell investment?

I like the pace.  If I want to see something four hundred bloody times I will hit the rewind and play buttons!  How many DVDs have you ever bought boasting nine hours of instruction to find it is three techniques viewed repeatedly until you vomit out of sheer boredom?  These DVDs are packed with lots of stuff and you have to keep hitting pause and rewind to take it all in!  Which is why the Clever Men who invented the damn machines added pause and rewind buttons!

For a first exposure of Hock and his instruction, I have to say I am impressed.  But then I'm preaching to the choir here, aren;t I?  Cheers, Redcap.
“No man knows the hour of his ending, nor can he choose the place or the manner of his going. To each it is given to die proudly, to die well, and this is, indeed, the final measure of the man.” Louis L’Amour

Hock

• Administrator
  • Level 4
    • www.HocksCQC.com
Re: Hocks Stick DVD Not Worth The Money
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2007, 05:41:15 AM »

The one DVD in the set with the warpost solo workout is a world-side favorite. It has more material on it, - combatized-  than you will find anywhere...

http://www.hockscqc.com/shop/product30.html

Hock

grlaun

• Rawhide
  • Level 4
  • Jeff 'Rawhide' Laun
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2007, 06:39:52 AM »

Ha!  I  got suckered!  My ire was raised at the thread title!  Good one redcap!  I totally agree!
Cheat in Beginning - Cheat in the Middle - Cheat in the End
Official Evil Ninja - 2008
Texas Peace Officer 8/2009
"You're making the wrong assumption that a Marine by himself is outnumbered"
Gen Peter Pace, 28Jul06
"You tell that muthaf**ka, he owes me money!"

redcap

• Level 4
    • Streetwise Philippines
« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2007, 06:34:46 AM »

I bought the rest of the stick series and am enjoying it.  Most of the material I already know, which isn;t as big headed as it sounds when you consider Hock and I share similar backgrounds in some things.  I was also an MP, have trained in Jujitsu, Karate, Boxing and of course FMA and have done a lot of door work, security, private investigation, store detective work etc so plenty of real world experience.

What I find of greatest value is the way the whole system is organized.  I think any young bloke just starting out and looking for a comprehensive syllabus would do well to get the entire series and make it his foundation.  It covers everything you need, is easy to learn and do and should be easy to pass on.  I could be biased due to experience and existing skill but I really think anyone with the enthusiasm and interest could run with the system pretty quickly.

I will be ordering the knife series and some of the unarmed, or I might have a look at the Pacific Ring thingy.  Cheers Redcap.
“No man knows the hour of his ending, nor can he choose the place or the manner of his going. To each it is given to die proudly, to die well, and this is, indeed, the final measure of the man.” Louis L’Amour

Lone Wolf

• Level 1
« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2007, 05:19:02 PM »

Hey Perry,  don't gice Hock any ideas about raiseing the price of poker cause I know he is just looking for a way to finance a new Chevy 4x4,longbed, crewcab, turbo diesel pick up and another custom .45.  Or at least thats what I want.  And a hotub for me and the old lady to flolick in ;)

Hock

• Administrator
  • Level 4
    • www.HocksCQC.com
« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2007, 05:58:22 PM »

Actually, a 4-door Tacoma. Leather interior.

But my Dodge truck is 9 years old now and is completely paid for. I am hoping to get another 4 years out of it before I get a new one. Maybe 5. It is hard to leave the blissful land of "no car payments."

Hock

Lone Wolf

• Level 1
« Reply #6 on: September 26, 2007, 07:52:08 PM »

Ya Hock, I feel you bro, I feel you loud and clear.  But a fella can dream, can't he?

redcap

• Level 4
    • Streetwise Philippines
« Reply #7 on: September 27, 2007, 01:50:08 AM »

Actually, a 4-door Tacoma. Leather interior.

But my Dodge truck is 9 years old now and is completely paid for. I am hoping to get another 4 years out of it before I get a new one. Maybe 5. It is hard to leave the blissful land of "no car payments."

Hock
Truck talk is always on topic.  My 93 V8i Land Rover Discovery, "BearTruck" is in getting the transmission fixed.  Big bucks, probably US$1200 with a few other bits and pieces getting done while it is on the hoist.  I bought him for US$4500 in May and figure even if over the next five years I spend another 5-7K it is cheaper than car payments on a new vehicle.  Plus all the newer ones are electric city. I was tempted to crawl under and try and fix it myself but I would have been struggling for hours and eventually what we thought was the problem, wasn;t and I can;t fix what is...so chalk up one for experience and lethargy! I knew there was a reason I coudn;t bring myself to crawl under the thing!

I do like the Dodge Ram pickups with the huge turbo diesel engines but they don't import them anymore.  F250's are rather passe! That Tacoma looks like a Hi-Lux on steroids, we don;t get them here, just the standard Hi-Lux.  Cheers Redcap

Download