General Category > Gun Fighting

Do bullets knock you down?

(1/8) > >>

usks1:
I was gonna post this on the old thread about the effect of a bullet on the human body in regards to if it just goes right thru... Knocks you down... Or whatever... But I couldn't find it.

I was discussing this with Hock a couple of weeks ago, and around a year or so ago I was doing some tactical shooting with a buddy of mine..

During this portion of the exercise we drew and began to fire while moving toward the target..  We started at about 25 yards away or so from the target, and the goal was to be done with the first clip in as few steps as possible, find cover, reload and shoot some more..

Well a few steps into this drill using my beloved .40 Glock Model 23 I felt what was the equivalent of a 1" rattan stick across the thigh.... ( yep I have taken enough of those to know what it feels like.. )

It dropped me to my knee and I looked down and sure enough I had took a richochet on the thigh just above the knee. ( Still got the slug... I keep it in my office at the school ).

I don't know if it was the force of the round, the square root of Newtons law or whatever, but I can tell you it dropped me to 1 knee.

I would say it was probably a psychological thing or a nervous system thing, more than an impact thing, but none the less that is how it played out..

Just thought I would post this after talking with Hock about the subject of what happens when we get shot...

But FYI..... All weekend long I took airsoft rounds... And I live to tell the tale..  8)

Dean.

cgonzales:
for the record i was in a different county at the time. so it wasnt me who shot dean. but i have seen the wound and the bullet can you beleave he pulled it out of his leg by himself. the dude is too cool.

usks1:

--- Quote from: cgonzales on July 29, 2007, 01:39:20 PM ---for the record i was in a different county at the time. so it wasnt me who shot dean. but i have seen the wound and the bullet can you beleave he pulled it out of his leg by himself. the dude is too cool.

--- End quote ---

Yea bro... You don't get credit for this Darwin incident... It was your bald white brother from another mother...

But you probably had something to do with the thinking up of that damn drill at some point...  :o

What are friends for... ;)

usks1:
Critter cat...

You have taken a few pieces of lead and have some good stories on this subject too...

What effect did getting shot have on you? Lay some of them stories on the post brother.. You have some good ones...

Asta la Pasta

Dean

usks1:
Also on this subject.. I don't have any experience shooting humans... ( as far as anyone knows ).. ;)

But from years of hunting antelope / white tail / mule deer / elk... etc... I have seen varying reactions.

I have dropped a 1/4+ ton bull elk with 1 shot... Didn't even move, just dropped.

I have shot a mature doe white tail and it ran about 1/8 mile and then dropped. Just this year.

Last year within 2 hours I shot 2 deer... 1 of them dropped where it stood, and the other I shot from about 100 yards out, and it jumped... ran right past my stand about another 50 yards, then turned and ran back within 50 feet from my stand and dropped... The first one I missed the heart but it was only about 20 yards away so the impact from the .308 probably just knocked it on it's ass.

The 2nd one went right thru the heart and he ran over 200 yards before dropping...

Just some more food for thought.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version