W. Hock Hochheim's

Combat Centric

Talk Forum for Military, Police, Martial Artists and Aware Citizenry

Hock Hochheim's Combat Talk Forum

• October 19, 2018, 03:08:51 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Hooking Palm Strikes  (Read 5463 times)

mleone

• Level 4
Hooking Palm Strikes
« on: November 04, 2007, 05:59:28 PM »

Hock loves to teach those wonderfull Hooking palm strike. But if you watch this Bas Rutten video. You can see how devastating those strikes really are.

Matter of fact he fractured a guys skull. The beauty of them is they are hard to stop.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=hiEeNwZF4ws&search=bas+rutten

This is what you call MMA proof in the pudding. Just watch how he knocks these guys down with Hooking palms and straight palms.
« Last Edit: November 04, 2007, 06:01:13 PM by mleone »

whitewolf

• Level 4
Re: Hooking Palm Strikes
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2007, 09:40:03 PM »

looks like his mental attitude is pretty ausome also-no sissy strikes  there-whitewolf

Bri Thai

« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2007, 08:12:22 AM »

Good clip.  He also seems to have some success to a rising knee strike to the head of a bent forward opponent.

michael

• Level 3
« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2007, 02:31:30 PM »

Bas is a stud, and he is wicked with his palm strikes.
**To be a warrior is not a simple matter of wishing to be one. It is rather an endless struggle that will go on to the very last moment of our lives. Nobody is born a warrior, in exactly the same way that nobody is born an average man. We make ourselves into one or the other.** Carlos Castaneda

whitewolf

• Level 4
« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2007, 12:07:59 PM »

I hope he does not forget and get too envolved in the IFL so that he does not pass on reality fighting to the people who need it-whitewolf

michael

• Level 3
« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2007, 04:28:17 PM »

I hope so too. He actually has some pretty solid self-defense aspects to his system.
**To be a warrior is not a simple matter of wishing to be one. It is rather an endless struggle that will go on to the very last moment of our lives. Nobody is born a warrior, in exactly the same way that nobody is born an average man. We make ourselves into one or the other.** Carlos Castaneda

Joe Hubbard

• London, England
  • Level 4
  • Transforming the Esoteric with the Exoteric!
    • www.functionalfighting.com
« Reply #6 on: November 12, 2007, 02:35:35 AM »

I love the clip from Smashing Machine where Mark Kerr asks Bas if he would beat up his friend in a training session; Bas happily agrees!

Out

Joe
"The music business is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs.  There's also a negative side"

Hunter S. Thompson

www.joehubbardstreetsurvival.com

Visit My Blog: http://joehubbard.wordpress.com

haze

• ShowMeAgain
  • Forum Member
« Reply #7 on: November 12, 2007, 06:13:15 AM »

Bas is nasty!

I only used a palm heel strike once (in a karate tournament) and it buckled the guys knees. Illegal in the situation but,,, hey,, we had a score to settle

David

whitewolf

• Level 4
« Reply #8 on: November 12, 2007, 11:28:52 AM »

Haze-good for  you-whitewolf

bujutsu07

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on: November 12, 2007, 10:55:07 PM »

Hello in the Boards, I am Bujutsu 07. I saw the videop of Bas Rutten using the palm strikes in UFC/MMA competition. A lot of them look like slaps, but, the effect is too obvious to ignore. He's on to something, no doubt.  Also, on another note saw the MMA debut of one of his trainees, Kimbo Slice. Absolutely awesome. How do you stop a guy like that? The guy's an animal. Thanks for passing this along.

BUJUTSU07

michael

• Level 3
« Reply #10 on: November 13, 2007, 10:12:00 AM »

Hooking palms, or even slaps can be devestating.

I took a class from a former British bobby, and he utilized a slapping technique that is very effective. He said that he had trained many of his co-workers in it, and that they used it all the time on the street. He is retired now, but still travels and trains. The power he could generate from the slap was very impressive, and devestating.

VicMackey

• Level 4
« Reply #11 on: December 09, 2007, 09:02:14 AM »

That's why he was also dubbed the "10-Second Killer" instead of just "El Guapo". A very vicious fighter in the ring and a down to earth/charismatic person outside the ring. Why he don't use the open-handed strikes in his short tenure in the UFC, I don't know. He would have lost to Kevin Randleman in his last fight but he was the winner. All the open-hand combinations he use in the ring, I incorporate them into my drills when I take off the MMA gloves. I also mix them up with some headbutts too. And his open-handed liver shot to Frank Shamrock was his most known KO.
"Fail to prepare, prepare to fail."
"A citizen is armed and free while a subject is disarmed and under control."
"An armed society is a polite society."
"Keep your friends close and your enemies closer"-Sun Tzu
"Everyone has a plan until they get punched in the mouth"-Mike Tyson

Download