Combat Centric

Talk Forum for Military, Police, Martial Artists and Aware Citizenry

Hock Hochheim's Combat Talk Forum

• June 19, 2018, 11:14:02 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: every art has a weakness  (Read 9967 times)

whitewolf

• Level 4
Re: every art has a weakness
« Reply #30 on: February 20, 2008, 08:42:26 AM »

Dawg-First -one foot on brick other is elevated till you start to lose balance-if you recover continue-if need be-touch foot to floor that was elevated then raise it again-
Again-I dont go  for power but how long i can strike/hold grab/elbow etc on one leg-sense i am not a doctor-it seems to  me that the balance in your inner  ears are what keeps you from toppling-as a side note- there is a IFL fighter (forget his name) that was a professional  hockey  player-now a fighter-His balance is escellent due to skating so  long-guess its the same principal-
Did i  mention that after doing the balancing act I go against the bag with both feet on the floor-feels good to   me
whitewolf

Dawg

• Level 4
« Reply #31 on: February 20, 2008, 08:49:10 AM »

Sounds like a plan! I'll try it out tonight. I've also been looking for a couple of cheap balance boards to experiment with; I'll try your routine with the bricks first. Thanks for sharing your idea (although, if I end up hurting my ankles, I'll be cursing you instead of thanking you!).
"Whether you're paranoid or not, they're coming for you."  - Dawg

Bryant

• Kung Fu Genius
  • Level 3
  • To win in an instant is a superior achievement
    • moy yat ving tsun kung fu
« Reply #32 on: February 20, 2008, 11:59:54 AM »

Dawg,

Hand replacement
is difficult to explain without being able to demonstrate it because it is related to several other Ving Tsun principles. In Ving Tsun we always "face" our opponent so that our centerline and the optimum line of attack are one in the same. Once you face you can adopt a triangle like structure with your arms forming the sides of the triangle and your back and shoulders forming the base. With these conditions met, both hands can reach the same point in space alternately or simultaneously, this also allows the application hand replacement. Once one of your hands occupies centerline you can use proper timing to replace that hand with the other hand minimizing the time that that space is empty. This has applications in trapping ,maintaining forward pressure , simultaneous attack and defense, and follow up/finishing techniques. This principle becomes even more effective once you have the ability to change angles and maintain facing based on your opponents reactions. It is complemented by the circular motions and angulations of styles like Arnis - Kali - Silat.

I could explain this in person in like 10 seconds and you would instantly get it...
Proverbs 27:17 - Proverbs 24:3-4

Dawg

• Level 4
« Reply #33 on: February 20, 2008, 12:25:52 PM »

Actually, that was a great explanation and I do get it. I was just unfamiliar with that particular term. Thanks!
I luv gettin edumicated! ;D

Dawg

• Level 4
« Reply #34 on: February 20, 2008, 07:42:45 PM »

Whitewolf,
That was rough! Did one minute sets of each technique you listed (other than the judo stuff), for three cycles; I worked out on the TRX suspension system in between sets.
I honestly can't say I feel any more "balanced", but it was a great leg workout.
I didn't have time to do my regular bag routine afterwards; I'll try it again Friday or Saturday and follow it up with some intervals on the heavy bag. I really enjoyed the "one-legged" knee strikes though. Interesting routine; definitely different for me. Dawg likes! ;D

whitewolf

• Level 4
« Reply #35 on: February 21, 2008, 02:06:32 AM »

Dawg-glad u  liked  it-i  think everyones balance is a little bit  different-maybe thats why it felt better to  me for balance- i had a neighbor ask to work out  with me today so it up and at um with hand  pads and gloves-better than the bag-but ill still do  the balancing act afterwards-as to other news-Mamma and I probably will be  visiting clarksville in May-at that time ill contact you and see if i  can visit your training and work  out at least one session-i was going to germany in March BUT-Momma asked if we could do something togther-so its off to Athens for 3  days-Athens is a beautiful city and it will be my third visit there-and the Greek beer is better than Schiltz--- ;D ;D

arnold

• the king of cool
  • Level 4
  • oh that will get you killed
« Reply #36 on: February 21, 2008, 05:03:55 AM »

I'd listen to the Wolfie. All of his experience drinking the best of the cheap beers gives him an in-site that none of us have. Pay close attention.
Now run down to the nearest Hajji Mart and grab a 12 pack of Schlitz, or Hamms, or even Genesee Cream Ale, or Carling Black Label if you can find it, and watch re runs of "Rat Patrol" or "Combat" for the weekend.
Phase 2 of your training is on it's way.
I leave you idiots alone for 5 minutes and I come back and you're all dancing around like a bunch of Kansas City faggots
you're all a bunch of slack jawed faggots around here, this stuff will make you a sexual tyrannosaurus, just like me!

whitewolf

• Level 4
« Reply #37 on: February 21, 2008, 06:05:47 AM »

Arnold-cheap is greatttttt-fucking low income beer for us low income people-only way to go-except when I step off the plane in Dubai-Doha- or- Athens-then it is step up to FIX or Fosters -
in reality i dont know what ill do  when i  go  home though-No black  label any  more-and i  dont like Bud-tastes like paper compared to  a real  mans beer with alcohol in it so ill just stick  with Vodka on ice with a blackberry  brandy  chaser-whitewolf..I better get  back to KO information-whitewolf

Dawg

• Level 4
« Reply #38 on: February 21, 2008, 06:58:49 AM »

Hmmm...re-runs of "Rat Patrol" sounds like a great idea. I can hardly wait for the Phase Two training regimen!
When I was in Dubai and Bahrain, my preference was the "Double Diamond" that seemed to always be available. I could almost always get one of the locals to buy me a pint if I'd put out my cigar! I had some great times over there (pre-Desert Storm-era).
May is a great time for you to come down here, Whitewolf. Just give me a heads-up on some stuff you want to work on and I'll make sure me and some of my boys are prepared to make the trip worth your time!

whitewolf

• Level 4
« Reply #39 on: February 21, 2008, 07:42:09 AM »

Arnold-I am waiting for the next phase of training please-Dawg-sounds good ill stay  in  touch-probably will pick your  brain on sudden attacks while doing interviews with both men and women in a apartment setting-plus how to protect from multiple attackers-
(real  world stuff-no kung fooy stuff) whitewolf

Dawg

• Level 4
« Reply #40 on: February 21, 2008, 08:37:39 AM »

Sounds good! Hock's got some great material in Training Mission Five about "sucker punch" awareness and some info on the "interview stance". There's also some great drills in his "Multiple Opponent" DVD. I love doing that kind of stuff! For me, true happiness occurs when I'm pounding the snot out of something. Don't really care what I'm pounding or what weapon I'm using; it's all good as far I'm concerned.
Arnold's basically the same way; he just prefers to be able to add insult to injury, while I'm perfectly content with just injury. ;D

whitewolf

• Level 4
« Reply #41 on: February 22, 2008, 06:10:00 AM »

Hey Dawgand Arnold-Arnold do you add the insult  before or after you smack the shit out of the opponent? I would prefer to smack him and then as he is on the floor say to  his girl friend -lets go get a fosters hon- ;D ;D

grlaun

• Rawhide
  • Level 4
  • Jeff 'Rawhide' Laun
« Reply #42 on: February 22, 2008, 08:35:22 AM »

I think phase 2 has something to do with St Arnold's lager and watching Blazing Saddles 100 times.... GREAT training!
Cheat in Beginning - Cheat in the Middle - Cheat in the End
Official Evil Ninja - 2008
Texas Peace Officer 8/2009
"You're making the wrong assumption that a Marine by himself is outnumbered"
Gen Peter Pace, 28Jul06
"You tell that muthaf**ka, he owes me money!"

whitewolf

• Level 4
« Reply #43 on: February 22, 2008, 09:51:36 AM »

Blazing saddles was tremundooos -saw it at least 3  times over the years-whitewolf

Dawg

• Level 4
« Reply #44 on: February 22, 2008, 11:08:52 AM »

Arnold prefers to insult you first:
"You freakin' moron! One scoop; how hard is that! If you're retarded, you should wear a sign or something!"

Then during:
SNAP! "Hey, your finger wouldn't snap like that if you'd keep it out of your nose."
CRACK! "See, too much Jiff peanut butter in your diet. Gives you weak wrists."
POP! "If you'd get off your lard ass your knees would be stronger just from supporting your land manatee enormousness and wouldn't buckle like that."

Then after:
"I AM the guy your mother warned you about. I know you don't know who your daddy is, but you know who your mother is?" SMACK "Don't 'cha?" STOMP

Me?
I just tend to growl a lot.
Always wanted to be like Spider-Man...ended up being like the Hulk (just much smaller and not green).

whitewolf

• Level 4
« Reply #45 on: February 23, 2008, 12:08:15 AM »

Snap pop crackle -sounds like a add for Rice Krispys-smack him first  -last- what ever just insure you smack him-oh by the way- if the attacker is a woman- still smack  her-
whitewolf
Pages: 1 [2]

Download