W. Hock Hochheim's

Combat Centric

Talk Forum for Military, Police, Martial Artists and Aware Citizenry

Hock Hochheim's Combat Talk Forum

• July 16, 2018, 08:37:24 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: an odd claim...  (Read 3997 times)

Bryant

• Kung Fu Genius
  • Level 3
  • To win in an instant is a superior achievement
    • moy yat ving tsun kung fu
an odd claim...
« on: January 07, 2008, 12:23:54 PM »

Hey Hock, a local (cherry hill nj) wing chun instructor claims he knows you and once taught at a seminar at your "school", does the name Keith Mazza ring a bell?
 :-\
Proverbs 27:17 - Proverbs 24:3-4

Hock

• Administrator
  • Level 4
    • www.HocksCQC.com
Re: an odd claim...
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2008, 02:56:34 PM »

That'll be a big fat, 100% no. Never heard of him.
That might just a casual throwaway line, like:

"Oh him? I am so superior to him he paid me to teach him,"

kind of thing? Or,....he has my funky name mixed up with someone else?

Hock

Bryant

• Kung Fu Genius
  • Level 3
  • To win in an instant is a superior achievement
    • moy yat ving tsun kung fu
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2008, 04:04:17 PM »

"Oh him? I am so superior to him he paid me to teach him,"
LOL!!!
that is almost exactly what he said
dont worry , I Know BS when I hear it
B.
Proverbs 27:17 - Proverbs 24:3-4

Nick Hughes

• Level 4
    • Fight Survival
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2008, 10:12:12 PM »

You know how you screw these guys?  Hock flies into NJ and walks into the school in front of all the students and says "I understand you taught me!"  Watch their bullshite die on the vine.

I trained at a Tae Kwan Do school in Oz and my older brother, training with Bob Jones at the time came to pick me up after class.  The instructor gave it large when he heard who my brother trained with, told us Bob graded himself, didn't really have more than one school, sold black belts, couldn't fight etc.

My brother went straight to the dojo where Bob happened to be in town visiting.  He started telling George (asst instructor) who told Bob.  Bob came out and said where does this fuckwit teach?

Two nights later I'm at school when Bob turns up at the door in his gi, with George by his side.  The TKD instructor nearly fainted and ran over bowing like a geisha girl in front of a bus load of sarrarimen, backpedaling like the weasel he was.  I fully expected Bob and George to bash the whole school (some of the black belts did that to at TKD school in Melbourne after told to leave) but the instructors pleading forgiveness and near tears prevented it.  (I never went back to the school after that night)

It is the only thing I know that ever shuts them up.

Yer Uncle Nicky
Hard pressed on my right. My center is yielding. Impossible to maneuver. Situation excellent. I am attacking.
--Ferdinand Foch-- at the Battle of the Marne

Hock

• Administrator
  • Level 4
    • www.HocksCQC.com
« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2008, 05:55:49 PM »

Just to let you know?
He is on my mailing list now ( I put him on there) and he has opened and read the last two CQC Disaptches.

Hock

oz man

• Level 2
« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2008, 11:49:55 PM »

Top story Nick, great example of someone taking the foot out of their mouth to avoid the one in their arse!
You a melbourne boy?

Bob Jones didn't become one of the most well known identities and most successful fighters/teachers over here for nothing. Alot of his guys in the early days and still today were proven on the door and or street fighters.

But why not just stand around and call them pussies? Bet ya our old mate isw could show them a thing or two.

We have the same sort of problem with certain wing chun intsructors here, I personally know of one who was buying Hocks videos and then showing up in blitz magazine (oz mm mag) doing workshops new and exciting wing chun knife and stick defences. He's a nice guy but that sort of bought him down in my eyes.

Flattering though hey Hock, they saw a short coming in what they were teaching and looked to the sfc material to fill that hole for them. Good on them for doing so, just not the part where they tried to pass it off as their own.

Nick Hughes

• Level 4
    • Fight Survival
« Reply #6 on: March 11, 2008, 07:12:19 AM »

Oz,

I grew up on the Gold Coast mate.  I moved to Melbourne for a year and lived at Bob's while I was Chief Instructor for the Honbu (HQ) before returning to Qld.

N
Hard pressed on my right. My center is yielding. Impossible to maneuver. Situation excellent. I am attacking.

oz man

• Level 2
« Reply #7 on: March 11, 2008, 11:40:59 PM »

Nick,
 I grew up in melbourne myself, headed to country vic for a while and now i've just gotten to sunny old townsville. Beautiful part of the world hey mate.

Just having trouble with training partners at the moment, doesn't seem to be any decent schools round the area. As you know though there is a very high population of armed services guys here, playing footy with a bunch of them so hopefully i can work something out there. Least i know they won't be scared to go at it.

Any help with material would be appreciated mate, i would like to try and introduce some hard hitting cqc stuff to some guys i know here who would be up for training.
Cheers,
Clem

Nick Hughes

• Level 4
    • Fight Survival
« Reply #8 on: March 12, 2008, 06:39:44 AM »

Mate,

Lived in Townsville for 2 years...loved going over to Magnetic and I was head of security at the Criterion (if it's still there). 

See if you can locate a guy called Paul Andriotti (I think that's how it's spelt).  He was 2IC for Zen Do Kai back in the day and did a lot of door work at Opus...good guy, and he'd probably know who's worth a look if he's still around.

N

oz man

• Level 2
« Reply #9 on: March 12, 2008, 11:03:56 PM »

Good one nick, cheers.

Heading over to magnetic island next week for a few days with some mates. Should be great fun and some wild times. First time over there so looking forward to it.

I'll throw a couple down the hatch for ya

Download