W. Hock Hochheim's

Combat Centric

Talk Forum for Military, Police, Martial Artists and Aware Citizenry

Hock Hochheim's Combat Talk Forum

• October 22, 2018, 12:39:53 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: 52 hand blocks  (Read 9771 times)

Bryant

• Kung Fu Genius
  • Level 3
  • To win in an instant is a superior achievement
    • moy yat ving tsun kung fu
52 hand blocks
« on: January 18, 2008, 06:57:48 PM »

From what I understand this is a fighting sytem that evolved in prison...

www.youtube.com/watch?v=F_Il2-705YM

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jailhouse_rock

good to know
one may have to deal with this
B.
Proverbs 27:17 - Proverbs 24:3-4

Nick Hughes

• Level 4
    • Fight Survival
Re: 52 hand blocks
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2008, 11:14:24 PM »

What a load of bs...the funniest shite is the names they give themselves.  Capt Knowledge, Fleetwood Mac, Big T et al  ;D   arse clowns.

Why, I want to know, is there a fascination with prison fighting systems like these germs have an edge on anybody else in the world?  Where is the proof.  Why aren't these guys coming out of prison tearing up the world be it boxing, MMA, wrestling comps or the street?  They're the same twats the cops (for the most part poorly trained cops) take down on a regular basis before they re-arrest them and lock them back up again.

As for the prison knife fighting junk science...more of the same bullshit.  None of their weapons in prison are any good i.e. they're improvised crap such as sharpened bed springs, toothbrush handles and their trick with cellophane etc. which means they're good for stabbing and not slashing.  Why would I want to learn a system that relies on me ambushing someone with something I can only stab with.

In other words, take away the ambush part of their system and it amounts to bugger all except some skid mark with gobs of intent and a willingness to kill someone else.  As is true of most criminals, put them up against someone willing to fight back, who knows how to fight back and I just don't see their bs rising to the top of anyone's stuff.

If there are prime examples of this incredible fighting style, either the knife or empty hand system, can someone please point one of them out by name.

Laughable crap

Yer Uncle Nicky
Hard pressed on my right. My center is yielding. Impossible to maneuver. Situation excellent. I am attacking.
--Ferdinand Foch-- at the Battle of the Marne

arnold

• the king of cool
  • Level 4
  • oh that will get you killed
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2008, 06:35:36 AM »

Once again, Uncle Nicky shines the light of truth and exposes crap for what it really is ::)
I leave you idiots alone for 5 minutes and I come back and you're all dancing around like a bunch of Kansas City faggots
you're all a bunch of slack jawed faggots around here, this stuff will make you a sexual tyrannosaurus, just like me!

Snowball

• Level 2
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2008, 01:32:47 PM »

Brings to mind the Viking Fighting System. Nearly wet myself whilst checking out that website!

rasdj

• Dillon R.
  • Level 2
  • Chicago, IL
« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2008, 02:31:42 PM »

I wonder what the Keysi guys would think of this or vice versa what the 52 blocks guys would think of Keysi.  nothing new under the sun and equally dubious.
I exhort you also to take part in the great combat,  which is the combat of life, and greater than every other earthly combat.
--Plato (427 BC - 347 BC)

Jason

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2008, 06:34:09 PM »

Bryant,

Thanks for the link. It's good to be aware of this type of thing when you work the streets.

Jason

whitewolf

• Level 4
« Reply #6 on: January 20, 2008, 10:02:57 AM »

Sorry guys- ill skip this -on to more relevant H2H (as far as i am concerned)-whitewolf

Benjamin Liu

• Level 4
« Reply #7 on: January 23, 2008, 11:54:10 AM »

Why, I want to know, is there a fascination with prison fighting systems like these germs have an edge on anybody else in the world? 

There are two main reasons IMO.  One is the "street fighting" fad that was popular in martial arts, and that was mostly marketing, and the other is the massive popularity of "thug culture" these days.

rasdj

• Dillon R.
  • Level 2
  • Chicago, IL
« Reply #8 on: January 23, 2008, 01:35:46 PM »

There are two main reasons IMO.  One is the "street fighting" fad that was popular in martial arts, and that was mostly marketing, and the other is the massive popularity of "thug culture" these days.
I've watched this video and a few others by one of the guys selling dvd's of the method. and i doubt (cops and others w/ related experience can confirm or deny) that most of the true to life gangbangers out there are dancing around blocking jabs with their elbows and saying things like "its all about the defense".  i also on some level despise their trying to link their "system" to some of the great boxers pass and present.
I exhort you also to take part in the great combat,  which is the combat of life, and greater than every other earthly combat.

Trainer

« Reply #9 on: January 23, 2008, 07:44:50 PM »

That elbow block/elbow slide is something I have done for years, it is one of my bread and butter moves. Never had a problem using it and it works well for me. That said, I use it for attack not defence, for me its a mindset, the other guy"thinks" he is attacking me. The reality is im hunting him.

rasdj

• Dillon R.
  • Level 2
  • Chicago, IL
« Reply #10 on: January 24, 2008, 10:13:05 AM »

not doubting  block works it just seems to me simplistic to base your system on/around it  and similar blocks and then call it some great historical system that started with such and such great boxer and then further developed by such and such great gangbanger.
my 2c.

almightymastersupreme@yah

« Reply #11 on: August 16, 2008, 04:10:11 PM »

When the door opens, the Dragon will be unleashed!" ...

whitewolf

• Level 4
« Reply #12 on: August 16, 2008, 08:22:57 PM »

Ah yes grasshopper- when the Velvet lined box is opened the shit will hit the fan-as far as gang bangers and fighting is concerned -the favorite move is shoot  the other guy-so hours of kung fu charlie elbow fighting wont  get it-

Plus after seeing some vidios of prison yard fights its punching then kicking the shit out of the opponent while he  is  down by a group of the attackers-

Ill go  with  what Nick passed on-

White wolf (ELB)

Wardog

• Level 4
« Reply #13 on: August 16, 2008, 09:09:34 PM »

I agree that fights will end fast, usually. Still, I used to be able to run a good hour of solid , hard groundwork without a break any longer than to re-start after a tap.  Right now, I would wind if I had to struggle with the fridge door. Back to working out starting this week.

Bri Thai

« Reply #14 on: August 17, 2008, 05:41:04 AM »

From what I understand this is a fighting sytem that evolved in prison...

www.youtube.com/watch?v=F_Il2-705YM

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jailhouse_rock

good to know
one may have to deal with this
B.

Were you joking?

Bri Thai

« Reply #15 on: August 18, 2008, 04:55:47 AM »

I'll take that as a "yes."

However, since you choose to be so unpleasant, let's carry on.  You'll be telling us that you need to train in countering chi balls next.  Do you teach?  I hope not.  Imagine the harm that someone with your lack of knowledge could do.

I imagine that you have little, if any, experience of real fighting.  With flicky kicky hong kong kuey fuey being hailed as something outstanding.... and now actually taking this 52 hand block silly prison fighting myth seriously....

You may well have to face this kind of attack IF it becomes an offence to believe everything you read about fighting on the internet.  As you'll get a 10 year stretch at the very minimum.

Here's what you will end up like IF you don't dilligently study your 52 hand blocks system!

Yes!  You will become a deadly expert in the art of 52 Hand Jobs!

Bye Lady Jane!    :-*

Hock

• Administrator
  • Level 4
    • www.HocksCQC.com
« Reply #16 on: December 08, 2008, 08:01:20 AM »

I have to admit that I saw a TV commerical this weekend for the Jerry Seinfield show. There was a clip where Jerry and Elaine were sitting at their famous diner they were always at, and they got into a funny, rolling, "slap-fight," bit.

And, jeez, it looked at awful lot alike the main drill in this course?

Hock

Download