W. Hock Hochheim's

Combat Centric

Talk Forum for Military, Police, Martial Artists and Aware Citizenry

Hock Hochheim's Combat Talk Forum

• January 19, 2018, 03:08:48 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Child Molester Murdered at Folsom Prison  (Read 1391 times)

edude69

• Level 2
Child Molester Murdered at Folsom Prison
« on: February 15, 2008, 04:46:20 PM »

Well, they say bad things always come in threes.  In my case I hope that holds true.  The Thursday before last we had a riot on the main yard and my baton failed to function. (See post under baton/stick.)  On the following Monday we had a stabbing on the yard and a .223 round hit the dirt about 15-20 feet from me. (See post under gun/firearms.)  Yesterday, on Thursday, we had a homicide. 
   It may have been about 8:00 am in the morning and I hear over the radio there is a fight in front of 8 block.  I run out of the gym/dorm through the vehicle sally port to the other half of the facility, which we call the small side.  The actual open yard area on that side is much smaller than the main exercise yard which we refer to as the big side.  The two sides are divided.  1-4 block is on the big side and 5-8 is on the small side.  By the time I get to the area where the fight had occurred, it had been no more than 30 seconds from the radio call.  A few inmates are in the area and down on the ground.  One inmate is near the gate that goes through to the clinic area and the main yard.  We refer to this as the pedestrian sally port.  This inmate was laying on his side with a massive neck wound.  Blood was literally spurting out of his neck.  His blood was in about a 6 inch wide stream running down the walkway about 6 to 8 feet. 
   Being that the incident happened near the clinic the doctor got there about the same time I did.  The expression on the doc's face told me all I needed to know.  This inmate was up sh*t creek without a paddle.  The doctor is former Army infantry and I'm sure he's been around the block.  There was already 3 or 4 pints of blood on the ground.  The blood was bright red in color.  I'm not sure which artery that is, but it was obviously very serious.  A litter and rolling gurney showed up and they got the inmate on the litter.  We're talking maybe one minute since the call went over the radio.  This guy was flushed white, limp and blood was no longer shooting out of his neck.  I'm thinking to myself, he's already dead.  The medical staff rush him back to the ER and find he has no pulse.  They sent him out via ambulance to an outside hospital anyway.  At the hospital they officially announced him dead.  However, he was dead long before he got there.
   Now some back ground on the victim.  Up until 2 weeks ago, this guy was my clerk for the past three years.  We had our post and bid and I ended up getting a new job.  I had been told that this guy was a "Chester".  In CA prisons that is what they call child molesters.  I'm told the term comes from a cartoon out of some adult magazine.  I never looked at his file to confirm the information.  I don't normally look at files anymore, unless I'm doing an investigation, I get to disgusted.  But, if there was ever a poster boy for chesters this guy could have been it.  He was 50 something, white, pasty, greasy, dumpy and nerdy.  Alfred E. Newman from MAD magazine comes to mind.  Definitely not the typical hard core level IV type.  After the incident I come to find out that he had 5 counts of lewd and lascivious acts with a minor.  Big surprise.
   The victim was pushing a cart load of sheets to be exchanged in the laundry room.  Another inmate, who lived in the same block, came from behind him and slashed his neck with a utility blade wrapped in cloth for a handle.  Judging by the amount of blood on the sheets, his neck must have exploded with blood on the initial strike. 
  Now some information on the suspect.  This guy was sentenced to prison for killing his "mother" by strangling and beating her with a baseball bat.  He was a teenager and his mommy wouldn't let him have a party at the house so he killed her, threw her in the closet and had it anyway.  Later that night him and some of his buddies wrapped up her body, took her to an old rock quarry, weighted her down and threw her in the water.  Nice guy, I know.
   As far as CQC knife fighting and kill shot sparring goes, I can give first hand testimony to the validity of that training.  If you get a massive injury such as that, you "may" be able to fight for 10-15 seconds.  In thirty seconds you will be on the ground unable to function.  One minute later you will be dead.

http://www.sacbee.com/folsom/story/714856.html

« Last Edit: November 13, 2008, 07:38:22 PM by edude69 »
We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm. 

George Orwell

Download