W. Hock Hochheim's

Combat Centric

Talk Forum for Military, Police, Martial Artists and Aware Citizenry

Hock Hochheim's Combat Talk Forum

• April 23, 2018, 11:18:26 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Crimson Trace is giving away free DVD's  (Read 2246 times)

WTAC

• Aaron Warren
  • Level 2
    • WTAC Training

michael

• Level 3
Re: Crimson Trace is giving away free DVD's
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2008, 08:35:40 PM »

Yes they are, and I've already ordered mine. Hopefully it will be here this week.
**To be a warrior is not a simple matter of wishing to be one. It is rather an endless struggle that will go on to the very last moment of our lives. Nobody is born a warrior, in exactly the same way that nobody is born an average man. We make ourselves into one or the other.** Carlos Castaneda

Hock

• Administrator
  • Level 4
    • www.HocksCQC.com
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2008, 09:15:29 AM »

They have already run tests that bad guys shot even at the patch of whte t-shirt at the clavacle notch  of a uniformed man in the dark, the Deadly Triangle test.

How soon before they extrapolate that these gun laser lights and next - the small flashlight held in front of your chest to support that mandatory two-hand pistol grip, how long before a test is run that says bad guys shoot instinctively at the lightest part they spot on a good guy. Hell, we do the same at bad guys in the dark.

Probably won't! These flashlght companies spend a FORTUNE advertising with key police periodicals and webpages.

Hock

usks1

• Level 4
  • Don't tell me.. show me..
    • U.S. Karate
« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2008, 10:48:34 AM »

They have already run tests that bad guys shot even at the patch of whte t-shirt at the clavacle notch  of a uniformed man in the dark, the Deadly Triangle test.

How soon before they extrapolate that these gun laser lights and next - the small flashlight held in front of your chest to support that mandatory two-hand pistol grip, how long before a test is run that says bad guys shoot instinctively at the lightest part they spot on a good guy. Hell, we do the same at bad guys in the dark.

Probably won't! These flashlght companies spend a FORTUNE advertising with key police periodicals and webpages.

Hock

Hell years back when we did a CQCG at my place, when we did the room clearing drills and ended up in the shootouts.. The first thing my un-edumacated ass did when I saw a flashlight was to shoot at it... I figured the odds were good somebody or something was holding it... And even if nobody was, that light did not need to be shining our way as we were entering the room and needed to go out.

That's probably why I will probably never find the upstairs elevator in the afterlife.. Instead of going toward the light... I shoot it.   ;)

« Last Edit: March 18, 2008, 10:50:30 AM by usks1 »
" I see people doing all kinds of crazy stuff.. Eatin razor blades and sh--t.. But I wanna know.. Can he fight?? "

Moses Powell ( RIP ) - The warrior within

michael

• Level 3
« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2008, 11:37:03 AM »

You're right Hock, it will probably not happen. Too much $$ in play.
**To be a warrior is not a simple matter of wishing to be one. It is rather an endless struggle that will go on to the very last moment of our lives. Nobody is born a warrior, in exactly the same way that nobody is born an average man. We make ourselves into one or the other.** Carlos Castaneda

rutleddc

• Level 3
« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2008, 01:14:53 PM »

I have been debating in my mind the pros vs cons of mounting a flashlight on my new carbine. A young retired Marine I know says it is mandatory, even if you just want home defense (he sure spent a lot of time on room clearing exercises and such, but not in actual combat he said as he was a combat diver from helos). He emphasized that it will allow you to see who is there and not shoot at someone you don't want to.

I myself want as little extra stuff on my carbine as possible and would not want my light to announce my location to anyone with bad intent. Plus every accessory cuts into my beer money (British stout or porter please  :)). My friends from the Viet Nam era are minimalists who say keep it simple. Any comments or advice?
"Ruttles"
David Rutledge

Hock

• Administrator
  • Level 4
    • www.HocksCQC.com
« Reply #6 on: March 18, 2008, 02:03:34 PM »

Lots of vet pros think a mounted light is important on a long gun.
You can have a soundless pressure switch built on it, to turn the light on an off in a second. 

Hock

rutleddc

• Level 3
« Reply #7 on: March 18, 2008, 02:59:46 PM »

I also learned that a lot of the deputies here have lights on their service Glocks - I imagine that makes sense as that is their primary weapon. I do not know of anyone who has a light on their concealed carry pistol, or if that is very common.

I am motivated right now to identify all of the stuff I want/need to get before the gun laws become more restrictive - it will probably happen soon regardless of who wins the election.  :(
"Ruttles"
David Rutledge

michael

• Level 3
« Reply #8 on: March 18, 2008, 03:27:36 PM »

I like having a dedicated light on a carbine or shotgun since both of your hands are necessary for using the gun. I like them less so on a pistol, unless it is a dedicated, home defense nightstand gun that is not carried. For a carry pistol, I prefer an easily accessible light that is seperate from the pistol, which in my case is a Surefire E2D that rides beside my wallet on my support side rear pocket.

WTAC

• Aaron Warren
  • Level 2
    • WTAC Training
« Reply #9 on: April 11, 2008, 09:50:29 PM »

So I got the DVD, not bad pretty basic stuff but well done. Nothing earth moving but if you don't know much about lasers and how to utilize them in the field not a bad reference.
Aaron

http://www.crimsontrace.com/Home/FreeDVDOffer/tabid/316/Default.aspx

Aaron

michael

• Level 3
« Reply #10 on: April 12, 2008, 08:23:41 AM »

So I got the DVD, not bad pretty basic stuff but well done. Nothing earth moving but if you don't know much about lasers and how to utilize them in the field not a bad reference.
Aaron

http://www.crimsontrace.com/Home/FreeDVDOffer/tabid/316/Default.aspx

Aaron

I agree. I'm glad I didn't pay for it, but it is pretty decent.

Download