W. Hock Hochheim's

Combat Centric

Talk Forum for Military, Police, Martial Artists and Aware Citizenry

Hock Hochheim's Combat Talk Forum

• January 19, 2018, 09:18:50 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: knife seminar taught by some other Texan  (Read 1268 times)

Bryant

• Kung Fu Genius
  • Level 3
  • To win in an instant is a superior achievement
    • moy yat ving tsun kung fu
knife seminar taught by some other Texan
« on: March 28, 2008, 05:03:02 PM »

Last Thursday evening I went to a seminar taught by a very prominent Baguazhang instructor (from Texas). I thought it would cover some basic empty hand Baguazhang , every now and then I enjoy mystical magical kung fu stuff. It turned out to be a Baguazhang knife seminar. We used very large wooden training knifes , just short of being swords. Some of the material was very practical , some of it you would have to be a genius to pull off in a real situation. Overall it was fun and enjoyable, what was most interesting was to experience the different types of martial arts practitioners in attendance...

1. "I Am The Master" : older guy, sizeable pot belly ,wearing a frog button kung fu top that should have been retired years ago, probably has been training for years but not very hard , and not very intelligently, he is no where near as good as he thinks is. Whoever he works out with , he presumes to teach. There is usually at least one of these at every traditional martial arts seminar.

2. "Silent Killer" : quiet , doesn't say much , pretty friendly. looks very fit , don't sleep on him he's pretty good , (pick this guy when it's time to pair up)

3: "The Talker" : wants to talk about every seminar he's been too, how much training he has had , how great his Teacher, Sensei , Master , Grand Pubah is. Not a bad guy , but you really wont get that much training done with him.

4. "The Bruiser": much like the silent killer except he talks even less and is somewhat abusive when it's his turn to play the technique on you, these guys can be fun. When you start giving them some of what they're dishing out they usually take it down a notch.
Proverbs 27:17 - Proverbs 24:3-4

Hock

• Administrator
  • Level 4
    • www.HocksCQC.com
Re: knife seminar taught by some other Texan
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2008, 09:16:27 PM »

This is worth re-reading...

Hock

whitewolf

• Level 4
Re: knife seminar taught by some other Texan
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2008, 08:49:45 AM »

From what i understand there are a lot of "i am the master" out there these days-good to  stay  away  from themand concentrate on "reality "-whitewolf (el  loo blanco)

Download