Combat Centric

Talk Forum for Military, Police, Martial Artists and Aware Citizenry

Hock Hochheim's Combat Talk Forum

• September 19, 2018, 05:08:50 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: anatomical weakpoints  (Read 16054 times)

whitewolf

• Level 4
Re: anatomical weakpoints
« Reply #30 on: September 24, 2011, 08:18:10 PM »

The 1 against 2 or 3 is standard procedure in many krav classes as well as with other H2H  instructors-
In our school we have a strudent stand with eyes closed-he is pushed from behind he opens eyes moves forward attacks a opponent holding a shield then turns and attacks the 2nd who is moving towards him, in addition at times a 3rd holding a training baton comes off the side and attacks which student moves to block,attack and attempt to disarm.
This is a stress type drill and not easy if it goes on . Newer students are
given slack,more experienced are pushed harder in the drill. WW

Webby

• Level 4
« Reply #31 on: September 24, 2011, 10:20:21 PM »

Sound drill WW. We see in real situations that those who are not active in '' the fight '' are happy to join in when the victim is downed or cornered. One opponant often becomes many when you are hurt. People throw there hands up '' Not me I'm not into this ! '', then 2 seconds later they are striking the person in the back. Train for multipule opponants, people faining non-intervention, the pack mentally. Watch your back. Eyes and ears at all times. 

Canuk

• Level 4
« Reply #32 on: September 25, 2011, 12:10:14 PM »

I see this in firearms training too, not enough people looking around for other threats before holstering the weapon 

Webby

• Level 4
« Reply #33 on: September 25, 2011, 12:47:27 PM »

One of my old teachers in Nursing training used to sidle up to people in scenario training then smile and walk off. She had stuck a paper sign in there back saying '' I was killed because I was complacent ''. 99 times out of a hundred it would have to be pointed out to people that the sign was there. It was a great little training tool really keep your eyes open and mind focused. It's often the quiet person who can be the most dangerous type. 

whitewolf

• Level 4
« Reply #34 on: September 25, 2011, 05:21:13 PM »

We drill it into their heads when disengaging for any reason they have to scan as they move back from side to side moe than 90 degrees-that is paramount-we also have the look for a expedient weapon nar by i.e.
stick,botttle, chair etc etc. WW

Webby

• Level 4
« Reply #35 on: September 29, 2011, 04:08:20 AM »

All training ultimately creates a better understanding of the skills needed to complete a task. Most people tend to focus on that one task. Consentrating on sawing, hammering etc.
In a real fight situation it's completely the opposite many multiple tasks to complete the important one being don't get draw in on one person. They have mates !!   

Canuk

• Level 4
« Reply #36 on: September 29, 2011, 05:06:58 AM »

SHCIT it's all SHCIT (Shit Heads Come In Twos)

cfadeftac

• Level 1
« Reply #37 on: September 29, 2011, 11:34:05 AM »

One of the lead doormen who taught me at a seminar, big guy lot's of street cred, and the smoothest big guy I've ever seen, suggested that you always drag the "not me" type friends of the aggressor into the fight.  He felt that they would join in anyway so why not deal with them before they expect it, as well if you end up in court because someone got seriously hurt it was easier to say there was more of them.

He was also heavily in to avoidance and verbal diffusion but he felt that once it was on it was on.

Andrew

whitewolf

• Level 4
« Reply #38 on: September 29, 2011, 12:19:50 PM »

gfad--that makes sense-but would you elabarate on the way you bring them into the problem-do you verbably say to one of them -whats your problem? or do you actually angle towards them? thanks WW

Webby

• Level 4
« Reply #39 on: September 30, 2011, 12:39:23 AM »

The verbal stuff is important. Saying '' Stop or I'll use force '' is the phrase I teach. It's intended as much for witness's as the aggressor. I have seen the power of witness memory in court. It's better to be seen to be the reasonable guy, rather than shouting '' Die you **** ! ''. In court it comes over much better. Watch the hand gestures as well calming, passive not the '' Come on then '' beckoning motion. CCTV is unforgiving if you over-react.   

cfadeftac

• Level 1
« Reply #40 on: September 30, 2011, 01:05:44 AM »

Whitewolf,

He had good timing so he would drag them in just as it kicked off either by physically dragging them in or hitting them on the way to the agressor.   
He said that in court it always looked better if there was more than one guy against him.

I do emphasize that he was big on recognizing and avoiding problems, (he had military, bouncing, and bodyguarding experience) and only used this tactic if he was sure he would have no choice but to use force and alot of it.  Not just some loudmouth trying to look tough.

Andrew

whitewolf

• Level 4
« Reply #41 on: September 30, 2011, 06:36:02 AM »

Andrew and Webby-thanks-good info- WW
Pages: 1 [2]

Download