W. Hock Hochheim's

Combat Centric

Talk Forum for Military, Police, Martial Artists and Aware Citizenry

Hock Hochheim's Combat Talk Forum

• October 19, 2018, 05:35:40 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Student mugged  (Read 1900 times)

Nick Hughes

• Level 4
    • Fight Survival
Student mugged
« on: June 29, 2008, 05:05:30 PM »

One of my students - Mark W - called me this morning to tell me about his escapade last night.

He was walking from uptown to a mate's club (about 2.5 miles) to walk the effect of the drink off (before drinking some more no doubt  ;D)

3 black teenagers decided they liked his Rolex.

He noticed one turning round and following him and once he was close enough he asked him for his watch.  Mark noticed something in his right hand but wasn't sure what...and he didn't want to stare directly at it lest he let the kid know he knew.

He said "yeah sure" and unstrapped it and laid it on his upturned right palm as if to hand it over.  The kid reached for it and Mark closed his fist and belted him.  The strike floored the muppet and Mark grabbed the guys arm round the bicep and lamped him four more times in the head with his right.  Then he took off like Carl Lewis running through back streets and behind houses etc lest they try follow him

He made it to the bar where Ken (my lead instructor) normally works and they checked him out.  He does have some minor cuts on his left arm where we're guessing the kid desultorily swiped him with his weapon.  It wasn't sharp as there not much more than scratches apparently (I'll see them Wed at class).

Strictly speaking he screwed up...he was walking drunk, alone and wearing a Rolex.  He also got lucky that the crew were obviously amateurs as two stood off watching and they didn't just attack him first and take the watch later...but, a result is a result and he rang me this morning to say thanks from him, the wife and the kids, for the training.

I'm betting every instructor on here agrees...it's the success stories like that which make all the long hours worthwhile.

Yer Uncle Knuckles.

Hard pressed on my right. My center is yielding. Impossible to maneuver. Situation excellent. I am attacking.
--Ferdinand Foch-- at the Battle of the Marne

Hock

• Administrator
  • Level 4
    • www.HocksCQC.com
Re: Student mugged
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2008, 06:53:24 PM »

Yup...

Nick...Do I know Mark W?

Hock

Nick Hughes

• Level 4
    • Fight Survival
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2008, 10:09:23 PM »

No mate...he only joined about 4-5 months ago.

Nick
Hard pressed on my right. My center is yielding. Impossible to maneuver. Situation excellent. I am attacking.
--Ferdinand Foch-- at the Battle of the Marne

arnold

• the king of cool
  • Level 4
  • oh that will get you killed
« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2008, 05:30:48 AM »

See in Texas, you could have shot the dirtbag dead.
I leave you idiots alone for 5 minutes and I come back and you're all dancing around like a bunch of Kansas City faggots
you're all a bunch of slack jawed faggots around here, this stuff will make you a sexual tyrannosaurus, just like me!

the ginger one

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2008, 06:07:49 AM »

Strictly speaking he screwed up...he was walking drunk, alone and wearing a Rolex.  He also got lucky that the crew were obviously amateurs as two stood off watching and they didn't just attack him first and take the watch later...

was thinking exactly the same!!! Good to hear that he is ok and he still has his Rolex.

your 'he got lucky' comment though is an understatement to say the least, so many factors could have turned this good demonstration of self defence into another murder stat. I know the what if's in situations like this are nearly infinite but occasionally you have to think about them (but not for too long or you'll go mad!)

I'm hoping that your student is the kind of guy who will listen to bit friendly advice about wearing his 'bling' ;D

whitewolf

• Level 4
« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2008, 11:51:04 PM »

Nick-glad he is ok-goes to  show the training you gave him in acting instead of freezing probably saved him a trip to the emergencyroom-whitewolf (el   lobo blanco)

Download