W. Hock Hochheim's

Combat Centric

Talk Forum for Military, Police, Martial Artists and Aware Citizenry

Hock Hochheim's Combat Talk Forum

• March 22, 2018, 03:49:26 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Garotte  (Read 8416 times)

• Level 4
« on: July 14, 2008, 03:00:53 PM »

Question=I have seen a few comments on how to defend against a Garotte over the neck from the rear-garotte is tightened quickly-any comments on defense once it is put on-(the garotte has handles on each end and pulled. I read some tactics that i  dont think would work-(this is on another forum)-whitewolf (el  lobo blanco)

• Level 4
Re: Garotte
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2008, 04:04:35 PM »

Before the Garotte is pulled tight,as soon as  you feel the object coming down around your neck you must get your hand ,wrist bone or forearm inside the loop,hand/fingers to jaw to prevent the rope/para cord/wire from being tightened thereby stopping your blood flow to the head.
Remember also
A well trained person will pull you back and take your knees from behind ,so even if the hand/arm gets in they pull you down and backwards.

So as soon as you feel/recognize the threat turn and step off line to prevent the pull back and choke.
Step off and turn to the same side as the hand/arm under the loop,use the opposite hand to edge of hand chop into opponents neck,or use tiger claw to their eyes driving back and down.

I hope this helps you.
Any questions just ask.

Nick Hughes

• Level 4
    • Fight Survival
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2008, 07:51:34 PM »

The ones we toyed round with in the Legion were made with piano wire and wooden can put your hand in if you's still going to get ya.  As Jim says, we'd take your legs out from under you at the same time, or hoist you up on our're pretty much fooked.

yer Uncle Knuckles
Hard pressed on my right. My center is yielding. Impossible to maneuver. Situation excellent. I am attacking.
--Ferdinand Foch-- at the Battle of the Marne

• Level 4
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2008, 08:26:40 PM »

asNick said,
The wire is bad stuff.
Piano wire,Guitar wire or the Portable wire wood saw all make nice garottes.
They work best when looped over the head around the neck and then Pulled as a cutting motion,this slices into the skin and the arteries of the side of the neck.
The hands or twited and the person is yoked backward by collapsing the leg keeping the head next to the body,pulling the garotte in while pushing the head forward compressing the neck.
Loop the wire Garotte,pull/cut then twist the hands as you turn you back into the opponent,hoisting them onto you back and allowing the body weight to pull into the wire till they go lifeless.
(some try to make it into a throw,but the person being choked is a HEAVY dead weight,so the throw is difficult,just let gravity do its job)

If the person using the garotte knows what he is doing and uses the wire there is not much one can do.
Sliding the hand/arm in is about all you'll get and you better be off line or you will be pulled back,choked and neck compression.
The end

• Level 4
« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2008, 11:08:11 PM »

Thank you gentlmen-I figured as much-this other forum  had some answers that I did not like-Keith-No I am  good thanks-jus always looking at the big picture-guess i am just tired of reading about the JW crap-and how he thinks he is the answer to "all"
whitewolf (el   lobo blanco)