W. Hock Hochheim's

Combat Centric

Talk Forum for Military, Police, Martial Artists and Aware Citizenry

Hock Hochheim's Combat Talk Forum

• December 18, 2018, 03:44:03 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Really obnoxious sounds?  (Read 2042 times)

John

• Forum Member
Really obnoxious sounds?
« on: July 17, 2008, 09:21:59 AM »

We do everything situationally.  Things like multiple opponents, secret buddies, fight in the dark, strobe lights, holding a baby, hidden weapons, fighting in the car, bed, bar stool, etc. 

I also have everyone scream and yell, but it peters out pretty quickly.  Any ideas on really loud, distracting, obnoxious noises (other than bodily functions) or recordings?   

(We're mostly civilian, with several local LEO's, so things like artillery fire or tank engines sounds aren't appropriate)

Thank's in advance

John

Hock

• Administrator
  • Level 4
    • www.HocksCQC.com
Re: Really obnoxious sounds?
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2008, 09:33:23 AM »

At the very least, you can always turn off and/or flash room lights.
We often use blank pistols. (when I secretly get one out while students are working out? And I fire it? The first time it always shuts the room down. Everyone stops and looks, then they immediately get the idea and keep working through subsequent blasts. Nick Hughs fires live ammo right beside people working on disarms, but you to be at a range.

Really loud bangs and loud music. Stuff like that. All citizens also deal with police and fire sirens. Surprise, blow one of these canned air horns in class!

When possible, myself and Tom "The Anold" Barnhart threw tennis balls and footballs at people while doing combat scenarios. This is not audible, but hell its a lot of fun for me and Tom.

And people need to growl, cuss and yell throughout the scenarios. Suddenly or viciously. Scream like banshee.

At any rate...pick life or job specific sounds and use them.

Hock
« Last Edit: July 17, 2008, 09:23:38 PM by Hock »

JimH

• Level 4
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2008, 02:19:18 PM »

I would go along with Hocks list.

Is the noise to be used as a startle only?

I would also use loud rock or white noise the static in between radio stations,LOUD so that it prevents the use of the hearing.
where Earphones to an IPod or radio,simulates the use of these on the street.
Use Sound restriction ear guards.
Have attackers mumble loudly to simulate being attacked in another country or by a person who does not speak the native language.

I would use the above to prevent the use of hearing as a way to detect where an attacker is or could be,do this in dim light or with a strobe and have attackers and non attackers.
(It becomes funny to watch the supposed victim start hitting anyone/anything they bump into)

It is another method of distraction ,like in a shoot/No shoot training scenario.

Milldog1776

« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2008, 02:59:36 PM »

Talk to Dean.

He's the master of really obnoxious sounds. Bark and Quack certified obnoxious sounds.

Download