Combat Centric

Talk Forum for Military, Police, Martial Artists and Aware Citizenry

Hock Hochheim's Combat Talk Forum

• January 18, 2018, 09:30:25 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: new wing chun guy on the scene  (Read 13780 times)

grlaun

• Rawhide
  • Level 4
  • Jeff 'Rawhide' Laun
Re: new wing chun guy on the scene
« Reply #30 on: August 18, 2008, 06:59:01 AM »

FLUSH!
Cheat in Beginning - Cheat in the Middle - Cheat in the End
Official Evil Ninja - 2008
Texas Peace Officer 8/2009
"You're making the wrong assumption that a Marine by himself is outnumbered"
Gen Peter Pace, 28Jul06
"You tell that muthaf**ka, he owes me money!"

Bri Thai

« Reply #31 on: August 18, 2008, 09:18:05 AM »

It's a Rawhide Rocket!

grlaun

• Rawhide
  • Level 4
  • Jeff 'Rawhide' Laun
« Reply #32 on: August 19, 2008, 07:03:04 PM »

I thought it was you after you "saw" your gay friends..
Cheat in Beginning - Cheat in the Middle - Cheat in the End
Official Evil Ninja - 2008
Texas Peace Officer 8/2009
"You're making the wrong assumption that a Marine by himself is outnumbered"
Gen Peter Pace, 28Jul06
"You tell that muthaf**ka, he owes me money!"

Bri Thai

« Reply #33 on: August 20, 2008, 01:26:58 PM »

In all seriousness, I really don't think that there is anything wrong with someone being gay.  Does anyone really care anyway?

Live and let live.

Mr. Barnett

• Level 4
« Reply #34 on: August 29, 2008, 12:49:32 PM »

damn that looks alot like kaju to me.  that's old school asswhoopin actioOn there.
i'd say he'd fork u up.
g.

-The natural right of self-defense permits us to oppose an enemy with the same arms he uses, and to make his own rage and folly recoil upon himself-

Bri Thai

« Reply #35 on: August 30, 2008, 11:22:15 AM »

Do you often make predictions about the result of a fight when you haven't seen one of the parties?  I'm not arguing.... just wondering.  It's a pretty great talent to have.

Can you predict fights between two people you haven't seen?  Mind you, you haven't seen Master Wong fight neither, although you think you have.

Do you know what a fight is?

Hey!  I'm only asking!

;)

usks1

• Level 4
  • Don't tell me.. show me..
    • U.S. Karate
« Reply #36 on: August 30, 2008, 08:46:07 PM »

Do you often make predictions about the result of a fight when you haven't seen one of the parties?  I'm not arguing.... just wondering.  It's a pretty great talent to have.

Can you predict fights between two people you haven't seen?  Mind you, you haven't seen Master Wong fight neither, although you think you have.

Do you know what a fight is?

Hey!  I'm only asking!

;)

Bri,
Seems like you don't like this guys demo. O.K. but why keep a thread going forever about what you feel is not fighting? Quite a few others don't agree with your logic.. It will be a rare day that we all agree on a video of fighing technique.

You obviously think it is worthless material, while others think ole M. Wong ain't doing too bad.

Let it go, or show us a better example of a fight... If possible, why don't you show a youtube clip of you doing something better... ???

" I see people doing all kinds of crazy stuff.. Eatin razor blades and sh--t.. But I wanna know.. Can he fight?? "

Moses Powell ( RIP ) - The warrior within

arsenalgunna

• Forum Member
« Reply #37 on: August 30, 2008, 10:25:11 PM »

Bri,
Have you seen any of YOUR instructors in a real street fight? Or do you just take their word for it that the techniques work, they could pull them off in the street, and assume they would win? 

Bri Thai

« Reply #38 on: August 31, 2008, 04:49:45 AM »

usks1 - Your response typifies closed minded people.  You only see what suits you.  Twas not I that re-opened the thread... yet that is what you choose to see.

Arse - I'm not sure what your point is.  Because my training and experience tells me that this clip is not realistic, | need to watch one of my own instructors in a real fight? 

Luckily I actually have had the opportunity to see their stuff in real fights.  But it was me doing it, not them.  Does that count?

arnold

• the king of cool
  • Level 4
  • oh that will get you killed
« Reply #39 on: August 31, 2008, 05:33:36 AM »

Sorry I've been away for a few days. But here's the response I think Bri was looking for..
Bri, you're an idiot. Now that should settle it.
I leave you idiots alone for 5 minutes and I come back and you're all dancing around like a bunch of Kansas City faggots
you're all a bunch of slack jawed faggots around here, this stuff will make you a sexual tyrannosaurus, just like me!

whitewolf

• Level 4
« Reply #40 on: August 31, 2008, 08:23:56 AM »

Arnold you are a trip-heheheheheh  Whitewolf (el  lobo blanco)

usks1

• Level 4
    • U.S. Karate
« Reply #41 on: August 31, 2008, 09:25:16 AM »

usks1 - Your response typifies closed minded people.  You only see what suits you.  Twas not I that re-opened the thread... yet that is what you choose to see.

Arse - I'm not sure what your point is.  Because my training and experience tells me that this clip is not realistic, | need to watch one of my own instructors in a real fight? 

Luckily I actually have had the opportunity to see their stuff in real fights.  But it was me doing it, not them.  Does that count?

Yea, I am pretty closed minded...

Well according to your logic and being as we have never met... Your opinion of me is closed minded.

Whateva.
" I see people doing all kinds of crazy stuff.. Eatin razor blades and sh--t.. But I wanna know.. Can he fight?? "

Bri Thai

« Reply #42 on: August 31, 2008, 12:14:13 PM »

You have an opinion of me.... but I should not have an opinion of you.

Doh!

usks1

• Level 4
    • U.S. Karate
« Reply #43 on: August 31, 2008, 02:25:49 PM »

You're right.. I do have an opinion of you.

But till I meet you it is just an opinion based on a silly topic or two on a talk forum. So it really ain't worth worrying about now is it?

arsenalgunna

• Forum Member
« Reply #44 on: August 31, 2008, 09:51:14 PM »

Sorry, I forgot you were such a badass, and also the all-knowing, all-telling authority on all things regarding the martial arts and fighting.  Who are we to question you?  If you say something is shit, it must be.  We should all be lucky you grace us with your presence and insight.  Teach us, Brian, so that we may become as enlightened as you. 

Bri Thai

« Reply #45 on: September 01, 2008, 02:19:30 AM »

Yes.  Open your minds......  ;D

Mind you, it would help if you engaged in debate about the subject at hand.  Surely that isn't too much to ask, is it?  Or is leekul babeeee still cwying about being banned from SP Dot Com.  Awwwwww... poooor babeeeee.  Haw haw haw!

Doh!

Usks - Can you outline the difference between me having an opinion about you, and you having an opinion about me?  You brought it up after all.... so I'm hoping the comment had some relevance.

Bri Thai

« Reply #46 on: September 01, 2008, 02:21:47 AM »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kf44kawWBvY&feature=related

Oh look!

He's a Master of Tai Chi too!  Doesn't look too dissimilar to his Wing Chun, does it?

arnold

• the king of cool
  • Level 4
  • oh that will get you killed
« Reply #47 on: September 01, 2008, 05:51:49 AM »

when the committee gets together, it all boils down to this..
Have you mastered Rawhides 12 step dance program?
Have you HTFU'ed lately?
Do you wear purple?
Do you wear "spiffy" yellow
Do you have inflatable toys"
Vinyl undies
Large jars of peanut butter in your pantry ( not panties)
Do you drink Schlitz, or Coors lite, or any lite beer for that matter
Do you or have you ever owned a motorcycle
Is it an motorcycle Italian ( add 150 points )
Do you secretly listen and cry to Barry Manilow
Do you play God Bless America by Kate Smith for no apparent reason

The correct combination of Yes and No will reveal your true inner warrior.
Correct answers will be available in the next edition of the super secret book. It will not be available in Canada or in Farsi ( Unless of course you would like to pay addition postage and handling)
Free copies are available to the troops

And as for me, well, I'm just plain damn wonderful!
I leave you idiots alone for 5 minutes and I come back and you're all dancing around like a bunch of Kansas City faggots
you're all a bunch of slack jawed faggots around here, this stuff will make you a sexual tyrannosaurus, just like me!

usks1

• Level 4
    • U.S. Karate
« Reply #48 on: September 01, 2008, 07:18:43 AM »

Usks - Can you outline the difference between me having an opinion about you, and you having an opinion about me?  You brought it up after all.... so I'm hoping the comment had some relevance.

Nah... Waste of time.

Anybody wanna get back on topic, or should we throw this in the de-rail bin?

gematriot

• Level 4
    • Systema training adapted to YOUR contemporary needs and goals
« Reply #49 on: September 01, 2008, 08:01:26 AM »

de-rail ;)
"Any experiment of interest in life will be carried out at your own expense. Mark it well. "

arsenalgunna

• Forum Member
« Reply #50 on: September 01, 2008, 08:18:47 AM »

I could give two shits about being banned from your forum.  The way your Featured Mods are bailing on you, I will be surprised if that site is still up in a year.  Unless, of course, people enjoy listening to you spouting your garbage.

Here's the thing:  nobody gives a shit what you think.  You're just a hanger-on in the martial arts world, a nobody who wants to be somebody.  You desperately want recognition and accolades, yet you have done absolutely nothing to earn them.  You set up a web site.  Big fucking deal.  Every post of yours is tearing down someone or something.  You turn every topic into an argument with yourself with inflammatory statements designed to bring attention to yourself. Are you really that insecure?

You're an expert on running your mouth over the internet, and that's about it.  So do us all a favor and shut the fuck up.  

whitewolf

• Level 4
« Reply #51 on: September 01, 2008, 10:48:19 AM »

All-IMHO we should stick to combat talk related subjects because this is geting to be stupid-i rather be asked or discuss various methods of attack,protection,class room methods, etc etc-dam  we are grown  men and women (I hope)-i reolize that this forum gives some latitude to discussions but one would think that dragging stupid stuff out for days on end is fruitless-i guess what I  want to say is after one insults someone go back to reality and ignore pain in the asses.....  :P whitewolf (Rl lobo blanco)

Bri Thai

« Reply #52 on: September 01, 2008, 04:25:59 PM »

Nah... Waste of time.

There's only two people been on topic.  And you aren't one of them.

Bri Thai

« Reply #53 on: September 01, 2008, 04:27:01 PM »

I could give two shits about being banned from your forum.  The way your Featured Mods are bailing on you, I will be surprised if that site is still up in a year.  Unless, of course, people enjoy listening to you spouting your garbage.

Here's the thing:  nobody gives a shit what you think.  You're just a hanger-on in the martial arts world, a nobody who wants to be somebody.  You desperately want recognition and accolades, yet you have done absolutely nothing to earn them.  You set up a web site.  Big fucking deal.  Every post of yours is tearing down someone or something.  You turn every topic into an argument with yourself with inflammatory statements designed to bring attention to yourself. Are you really that insecure?

You're an expert on running your mouth over the internet, and that's about it.  So do us all a favor and shut the fuck up.  

No.

After all, without me...... just what would YOU post about? 

Do you post about anyone, or anything, else?

???

ps - Actually folks he was desperately upset to be banned from the forum I help to run, and emailed me like mad, begging to be let back in.  Jeez Arse, it's only the internet mate.  It's nothing to get upset about.  Get a life!
« Last Edit: September 01, 2008, 04:31:04 PM by Bri Thai »

usks1

• Level 4
    • U.S. Karate
« Reply #54 on: September 01, 2008, 04:35:46 PM »

Nah... Waste of time.

There's only two people been on topic.  And you aren't one of them.

Bri,
You must enjoy being recongnized as a prick on a worldwide basis.... Anyways I am done with you. I should have followed Arnolds lead and just quit thinking you had something worthwhile to say...

But.. Now I know for myself you are just an argumentative little dildo with an agenda to cause trouble..

So if you are looking for a hot headed comeback to help you as you SlOOooowly yank your hank and troll the internet.. Here you go..

Eat shit spiffy.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2008, 04:41:51 PM by usks1 »

Bri Thai

« Reply #55 on: September 01, 2008, 04:40:59 PM »

More logical brilliance.

I just didn't rate the clip.  I posted this, along with reasons for it.

All the trouble came from cocks like you.  I then just replied in kind.

No matter.  It was fun to take part in.  Not too productive though....

I'm pretty sure that an impartial observer would see who is at fault.

usks1

• Level 4
    • U.S. Karate
« Reply #56 on: September 01, 2008, 04:42:48 PM »

More logical brilliance.

I just didn't rate the clip.  I posted this, along with reasons for it.

All the trouble came from cocks like you.  I then just replied in kind.

No matter.  It was fun to take part in.  Not too productive though....

I'm pretty sure that an impartial observer would see who is at fault.

Seems like you have a loyal fan club... LOL....

Bri Thai

« Reply #57 on: September 01, 2008, 04:57:48 PM »

Bri,
You must enjoy being recongnized as a prick on a worldwide basis.... Anyways I am done with you. I should have followed Arnolds lead and just quit thinking you had something worthwhile to say...

But.. Now I know for myself you are just an argumentative little dildo with an agenda to cause trouble..

So if you are looking for a hot headed comeback to help you as you SlOOooowly yank your hank and troll the internet.. Here you go..

Eat shit spiffy.

So you weren't done with me after all.  I know you talk crap.... but at least have the decency to mean it!  Haw haw haw!

;D

loyalonehk

• Level 3
  • W.A.R. = "We Are Ready"... R U ???
    • Kaju Dog Martial Arts and Fitness
« Reply #58 on: September 01, 2008, 05:24:41 PM »

Im a bit late to this thread but...

I must say I liked the "demo".  And thats all it is, a demo.  A nice display of skill on both parts (attacker/defendant). 

In the few years that I have been studying the martial arts, I have to say that I have learned a couple techniques here and there.  Will I ever use a single technique in the street from start to finish?  I seriously doubt it (unless I am extremely lucky).  In a real sitiuation, I'll use a bit of this and that from all the tools in my box and hope to come out ahead.  (me going home and my enemy going to the hospital or morgue). 

The "DEMO" was entertaining and not something that could be done so well by a novice.

Dean 8)
V/R
Sifu Dean "Kaju Dog"  Webster 
http://kajudog.webs.com
Fight the good fight, Win or Loose, TCB the best you can for the right reasons.

kajudog@ymail.com

PaulGappyNorris

• Level 2
« Reply #59 on: September 02, 2008, 04:42:48 AM »

Just thought I'd pop in as the 'impartial observer'...and say the usual old phrase -

"It's six of one, and half a dozen of the other" regarding the snipes etc.

However, everybody does seem to be quick to jump on any constructive criticism (from Brithai in this case) of the original clip? Just because he (Brian) may be a cantankerous old bugger who appears to enjoy using forums as a metaphorical mind enema (you have to get rid of the shit someplace, no?) it doesn't mean he hasn't a valid point!?

IMO it was a very good stylised demo, no more, no less. I've seen a lot worse from other 'traditional' arts on the web.

ps. I was also banned  from SP.com, cried like a baby, really, inconsolable  :'( and have since flooded Brithai with begging pms, offers of 'sweeteners', even a night with my sister etc. etc... and personal emails explaining my desperate  addiction, and need to be able to read my own words on a public forum,  ::) But on reflection, he made the right choice. I'm just an occasional sad, bitter and twisted man with nothing good to say on the web about most m.arts.

I feel so at home here  8)

Pages: 1 [2] 3

Download