W. Hock Hochheim's

Combat Centric

Talk Forum for Military, Police, Martial Artists and Aware Citizenry

Hock Hochheim's Combat Talk Forum

• July 19, 2018, 03:06:53 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Cops in anti-knife patrols  (Read 5768 times)

Bryan Lee

• Level 4
  • Rogue Elephant
Cops in anti-knife patrols
« on: October 22, 2008, 06:39:04 AM »

http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/news/s/1073704_cops_in_antiknife_patrols

Cops in anti-knife patrols
Ian Craig
21/10/2008

POLICE are to patrol the streets of Greater Manchester in a new bid to crackdown on knife crime.

Ten areas are taking part in a Ģ3million scheme to keep young people safe going to and from school.

Home Secretary Jacqui Smith, announcing the extra cash, said that with the nights drawing in it was particularly important that young people feel safer walking home from school.

"With more police officers patrolling your streets we are emphasising our core message that young people don't need to carry a knife for protection - it makes you less safe not more - and these additional police are there to help protect you," said Ms Smith.

The money will go to after-school patrols and also to dedicated police officers allocated to a school or a group of schools to work with young people who may be at risk of victimisation, offending or truancy. And police will also use new laws to remove young people they judge are at risk from the streets at night, and take them to a place of safety.

The Children's Secretary, Ed Balls, said that fortunately knife crime inside schools was incredibly rare.

"But we want to make sure they remain the safe haven they've always been while preventing young people being drawn into knife crime outside the school gate," said Mr Balls.

Senior police spokesman Alf Hitchcock said that young people told them that the period after school can be when rows happen between different groups and more police in the area would help them feel safer.

The scheme is being tested not only in Greater Manchester, but also Lancashire.
JimH, "Bryan, have you seen the Elephant?"  Bryan Lee, "I Am The MotherFFFFing Elephant!"

VicMackey

• Level 4
Re: Cops in anti-knife patrols
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2008, 07:20:00 PM »

I've seen the incidents on Liveleak.com and it's shocking to see the gangs having the same mannerisms just like us. And, the shootings and knifings reminded me of the killings across America back in the 90s. London's crime rate is just as bad, if not worse, than LA and other major big cities. Speaking of uniformed cops, do they carry guns or still carry the truncheon? Anti-knife patrols won't work. It's a violation of privacy and assumes that everyone that carry a knife is a criminal. Talk about your nanny state. First, take the guns. Now, police the knives. How preposterous.
"Fail to prepare, prepare to fail."
"A citizen is armed and free while a subject is disarmed and under control."
"An armed society is a polite society."
"Keep your friends close and your enemies closer"-Sun Tzu
"Everyone has a plan until they get punched in the mouth"-Mike Tyson

Hock

• Administrator
  • Level 4
    • www.HocksCQC.com
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2008, 07:32:27 PM »

Well, knives are illegal over there.
Most cops still do not have guns, just special weapons ones do. (Of course, Irish police are armed just like in the US)

And England can be a tough place. Their criminal element is tough.

Hock

VicMackey

• Level 4
« Reply #3 on: December 24, 2008, 06:47:34 PM »

It's ridiculous to see that the nanny state don't want to arm their patrolmen, who are putting their life on the line, w/ firearms. Until this deficiency and traditional limitation gets fixed, they are gonna continue to be outgunned. There are more shootings by criminals over there and there should be no reason why even the lowliest cop not go unarmed. Their top brass is out of touch with the times.

whitewolf

• Level 4
« Reply #4 on: December 25, 2008, 08:10:59 AM »

Vic-untill the top gets some spine it will not happen-looks like a majority of the politicians are not interested in the vast majority of good people-England now has some laws in place that are not in the good guys interest-I.E. separate judicial laws  for Muslems while in the country-????? How did that get passed- if you are in Enland you should abide by the current English law-
Anyhow just my opinion---ww (elb)

VicMackey

• Level 4
« Reply #5 on: December 25, 2008, 01:24:12 PM »

It seems the British govt. is more interested in banning guns and regulating knives rather than looking into other factors causing the crime (family breakdown/glorification of violence in the media/lack of values/light punishment for major crimes, even less severe than the American justice system/discrimination/bullying/gangs). All these ridiculous legislations so far isn't working. Until they look inot other problems, England is starting to look like the Wild West.

shastana

• Level 4
« Reply #6 on: December 26, 2008, 11:22:20 PM »

Well, UK or US, when are they gonna realize that any bans just unarm the "law abiders"....who are not committing the very crimes they try to prevent!  The weapons are carried by bad guys who give a shit less about laws.

I never feel "safe" in the concrete jungle no matter how many cops are working the streets.  And all that crap about being safer without a weapon....HA!  Sounds very English to me.
An armed citizenry fly their colors, an unarmed citizenry wear their colors.

Benjamin Liu

• Level 4
« Reply #7 on: December 28, 2008, 06:12:59 AM »

Well, UK or US, when are they gonna realize that any bans just unarm the "law abiders"....who are not committing the very crimes they try to prevent!  The weapons are carried by bad guys who give a shit less about laws.

They do realize it, the "crime control" excuse is just propaganda for the sheeple.  It is not about stopping crime, it is about controlling people by giving the government (and violent criminals, assuming there is a difference between the two) a monopoly on the ability to utilize force.

Remo

• Level 2
« Reply #8 on: February 13, 2009, 12:06:24 AM »

Hey Benjamin...  USA will be there soon... 
"TOLERANCE is the virtue of a man without convictions"  G.K. Chesterson

whitewolf

• Level 4
« Reply #9 on: February 13, 2009, 01:08:45 AM »

Remo=hello-here is something that will help (hopefully) start teaching not to carry a knife in seminars given to grade school children (around 3rd grade) something like the DARE program that is been done in the US. By getting the younger set conditioned to being careful and law abiding it will help as they get older.
WW (ELB)

Brian -S J.O. E.=Brian-who can i communciate in the gov with-ill send this suggestion to them- or you can-as a PO you should have some contacts-thanks WW

Brian S

« Reply #10 on: February 13, 2009, 07:50:47 AM »

Thanks friend.  Do you hold out any hope that your idea may lead to our children being as safe as yours?

;)

whitewolf

• Level 4
« Reply #11 on: February 13, 2009, 10:01:25 AM »

Brian-O.J.E.- yes I think it would help-we have millions of children in the US-overall vast majority can walk home after school etc etc-
I think the program DARE is excellent- I gave lectures and sat with the local DARE PO in a couple cities- the kids really enjoy seeing a man in blue helping them.
If it was started in the UK it would take awhile but even if one child is saved at the start it would help.
If you are interested go on the webb and get some info from the states on the program and change it to knife culture -
just a thought-WW (ELB)

Benjamin Liu

• Level 4
« Reply #12 on: February 13, 2009, 01:32:09 PM »

Hey Benjamin...  USA will be there soon... 

Some places are almost there.

Benjamin Liu

• Level 4
« Reply #13 on: February 13, 2009, 01:41:00 PM »

Remo=hello-here is something that will help (hopefully) start teaching not to carry a knife in seminars given to grade school children (around 3rd grade) something like the DARE program that is been done in the US.

What's wrong with carrying a knife?

You are a bit older than me.  Can you seriously tell me that you did not carry a knife as a kid? 

I'm 37 and I carried one since I was 8.  Throughout grade school since 3rd Grade I carried a Boy Scout knife or a Swiss Army Knife.  I even used it in class at times when the pencil sharpener was broken.  Most boys from the country and even some from in town carried some sort of pocketknife.  High school boys made knives in shop class, and brought their own bows and arrows to school for archer class.

I don't recall a single knife fight ever happening in the town I went to school in.  Sure, I got in fights at times, but I never considered pulling out my pocketknife as a weapon.  Fights were settled with fists.

By getting the younger set conditioned to being careful and law abiding it will help as they get older.

That sounds like they are conditioning them to be mindless sheeple. 

whitewolf

• Level 4
« Reply #14 on: February 13, 2009, 03:35:22 PM »

Ben-no problem with carrying knife in the US-what has occured in England is that the mind set of the knifers has grown and that their knife is now part of them and they will use it to settle disputes or be a extension of how they attack a outsider.

When i was a kid we carried a knife and played mumbly peg (i think that was name)
plus widdled wood and a million other things with it. But i dont rememebr much of anything that it was used for a weapon as is in England. Yes there were some offenses with a knife but not to the degree that is mentioned in articles now in England.

So to get back to the Anto knife training for kids over there-it sure would not hurt to have it tried. IMHO- WW (ELB)

gematriot

• Level 4
    • Systema training adapted to YOUR contemporary needs and goals
« Reply #15 on: February 13, 2009, 04:18:27 PM »

England now has some laws in place that are not in the good guys interest-I.E. separate judicial laws  for Muslems while in the country-?Huh? How did that get passed- if you are in Enland you should abide by the current English law

The above is quite ironic. When I made the essentially same point in the "You MIGHT be a Taliban if ..." thread I was accused of being deliberately insulting to Islam, as well as of "cherry picking" information.
Perhaps you and I should sell these cherries at the UN, where political Islam is attempting to push through a global ban on defaming Islam.

http://www.weeklystandard.com/Content/Public/Articles/000/000/015/822stktc.asp
http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2009/feb/02/a-free-speech-killer/

Can you in good conscience say that such proposals do not constitute an attack on the free speech rights of non Muslims, bearing in mind that criticisms of Islam will almost certainly be labeled as defamatory?
"Any experiment of interest in life will be carried out at your own expense. Mark it well. "

whitewolf

• Level 4
« Reply #16 on: February 13, 2009, 11:16:13 PM »

Gem-honest to God I think that seperate laws for different sects in same country will just tear the country apart-
I.E. -little english man defends himself against attack by criminals who are Brits.
If all goes well he just wins case.

BUT-if he is attacked by Muslim group-he goes to court -gets his house car money and anything else he owns away plus has to pay the family of the attackers blood money.
(Now that might be a little over the edge but the point i am making is obvious-i hope)

I read the news every day over here in camel country-its a diffeent world in their
judicial system.

Some one in hig authority better stand up or we are heading down the wrong path.

WW (ELB)

gematriot

• Level 4
« Reply #17 on: February 14, 2009, 03:36:40 AM »

"Any experiment of interest in life will be carried out at your own expense. Mark it well. "

whitewolf

• Level 4
« Reply #18 on: February 14, 2009, 07:20:44 AM »

Gem-this is a free forum-say what you wish.
As far as the vidio- Freedom go to hell- is that true?
Even if not the man who is making it probably needs protection.
England better stand up for all-not just bow down to one group.

If a group is not happy with the English way of life then go back to what ever home land they came from. But- if you get in a discussion with many and ask would you like to go back to-------- and live the answer is no-
Why is that?
Why- because they know that their is a lack of schoolin/food/health/freedom to drive a car/travel anywhere they wish/marry-devorce/etc  etc etc in many of  homeland countries.

Hope I am not thought of as ranting and raving
stay safe- WW (ELB)

gematriot

• Level 4
« Reply #19 on: February 14, 2009, 08:24:38 AM »

Freedom go to hell- is that true?

I really donīt know if all the points he makes are valid. Several of the British people living near me confirm his veiws about the Labour Party.

BUT

I think the movie FITNA by Geert Wilders could legitimately be considered hate speech calculated to provoke feelings of ill will towards muslims. In it you see scenes of extreme violence juxtaposed with statistics on immigration, with the implication that the two go hand in hand. That is "stretching it", since it ignores al other relevant social factors.

One thing I can say is that trying to get to a well thought out opinion on issues, relying only on internet sources is an exercise in futility. There is some much info you need a degree to process it all.

whitewolf

• Level 4
« Reply #20 on: February 14, 2009, 10:07:14 AM »

Gem- i agree-the internet is not the best for truthful items- stay  safe WW (ELB)

rutleddc

• Level 3
« Reply #21 on: February 14, 2009, 02:50:04 PM »

My problem is that when Christianity, conservatives, gun owners, etc are attacked in a hateful by people such as Michael Moore, Celebrities, politicians that no one has the stomach to oppose them. They site free speech, diversity, tolerance, et al and say free expression is Paramount.

I want a level playing field. While I am not particularly religious I am offended that movies spout blasphemy against Christianity and win awards and accolades, while Islam cannot be offended as that would be hateful. The same goes with traditionalists versus progressives, people willing to defend themselves versus pacifists, etc.

If only one side of an issue truly has free speech, then free speech truly does not exist at all.  :'(
"Ruttles"
David Rutledge

Brian S

« Reply #22 on: February 15, 2009, 04:05:09 AM »

I want a level playing field. While I am not particularly religious I am offended that movies spout blasphemy against Christianity and win awards and accolades, while Islam cannot be offended as that would be hateful.

Very well put.

Download