W. Hock Hochheim's

Combat Centric

Talk Forum for Military, Police, Martial Artists and Aware Citizenry

Hock Hochheim's Combat Talk Forum

• October 20, 2018, 01:50:11 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Airsoft Purchase Tips  (Read 3126 times)

Wizard

• Level 2
Airsoft Purchase Tips
« on: November 28, 2008, 10:08:27 PM »

All,

Not exactly a "gun fighting" topic, but I am looking at purchasing an airsoft for training purposes (Hock's seminars, etc.).  When I went to look at them, a whole aisle stared back at me and I had no freakin' idea where to start or what to get.

With that in mind, could someone knowledgeable about these things advise me what I need to buy?  I don't want to spend much $ if I don't have to.

Are there different power/distance ratings that I need to look for?  Brands? Should it be a regular pistol replica like a glock or berretta or whatever?  What's most useful for these training events, or does it really even matter much at all?

Details, please, but dummy it down for me. 

Gracias,

Wizard

michael

• Level 3
Re: Airsoft Purchase Tips
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2008, 01:27:03 AM »

I would stick with the KWA or KWC brands, and I prefer the ones that use green gas. They are more powerful, will cycle the slide, and can fire until the magazine is empty. They do hit much harder than the others, so eye, throat and groin protection should be used, along with a sweatshirt and blue jeans or long pants. I have the Glock 19 clone, and it has been flawless over the last couple of years, including use in FOF classes. I bought mine from www.airsoftatlanta.com, and have had good service with them.
**To be a warrior is not a simple matter of wishing to be one. It is rather an endless struggle that will go on to the very last moment of our lives. Nobody is born a warrior, in exactly the same way that nobody is born an average man. We make ourselves into one or the other.** Carlos Castaneda

Hock

• Administrator
  • Level 4
    • www.HocksCQC.com
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2008, 01:58:21 AM »

We do need semi-auto fire by battery or gas.
The single shot, spring-loaded ones are just not practical.

BUT gas ones can fire pellets that damage cars, glass and mirrors and since we shoot around them a lot, it is a good idea to get the battery-powered ones as they don't, as the main gun, with another gas one as an option.

Hock

Adventure

• Level 4
    • Stay Alive Program inc.
« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2008, 10:47:15 PM »

google Crossman airsoft. I think it is the p50.

I will look for mine tomorrow & let you know. Inexpensive & will not damage car like Hock says & good for inside the house. good outside only if there is no wind.

shastana

• Level 4
« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2008, 07:17:38 PM »

Pistols-go with electric(battery) powered auto frame type with removable magazine.  Blow back slide action is good too.  Also, get a speed loader to make reload quick.

Rifle-electric (rechargeable) selective fire M-16 or AK-47 with extra mag. 

They are cheap enough to pick up both pistol and rifle for under $80 total.  Spend at least $30 on pistol, and at least $40 on rifle otherwise they will just fall apart.

Stay away from gas powered guns, requires more servicing, which slows down field time and increases frustration.  Bring an extra set of batteries, and recharge rifle overnight.
An armed citizenry fly their colors, an unarmed citizenry wear their colors.

Wizard

• Level 2
« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2008, 09:50:42 PM »

Outstanding.  I now have 100% more than I previously did, and I will heed the suggestions here.

Thanks to all.

Wizard

p.s.  Adventure--you don't write, you don't call, you stopped sending chocolates.  What's up with that? You ain't no ninja, either.  =)

Download