W. Hock Hochheim's

Combat Centric

Talk Forum for Military, Police, Martial Artists and Aware Citizenry

Hock Hochheim's Combat Talk Forum

• September 21, 2018, 08:56:58 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Gunfight footage  (Read 1968 times)

Hock

• Administrator
  • Level 4
    • www.HocksCQC.com
Gunfight footage
« on: December 03, 2008, 08:26:29 PM »

Subject: In car video from pursuit/Shoot Out in Wharton County.

The Below link is the in car video from one of the officers involved in
the chase which ended in a shoot out and TX Game Warden Justin Hurst being
killed. The Jury found the defendant guilty of Capital Murder last week (November, 2008)
and gave him Death as punishment. The video goes out when a round from
the AK-47 hits the camera. This all started from a stop where the
defendant was going to receive a citation for shooting from the roadway.

http://www.victoriaadvocate.com/wharton_county/story/352636-a352663-t32.html

michael

• Level 3
Re: Gunfight footage
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2008, 10:53:06 PM »

That was a bad deal all the way around. Game wardens work alone and without backup most of the time, and they are truly on their own. I operate without backup sometimes for 20 minutes, but those guys really have no help.
**To be a warrior is not a simple matter of wishing to be one. It is rather an endless struggle that will go on to the very last moment of our lives. Nobody is born a warrior, in exactly the same way that nobody is born an average man. We make ourselves into one or the other.** Carlos Castaneda

Nick Hughes

• Level 4
    • Fight Survival
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2008, 11:33:43 PM »

The suck thing is that the skidmark who got the death penalty will no doubt languish on death row for the next fourteen years and numerous appeals.  I like Gingrich's proposal...one year, one appeal then your done.

Nick
Hard pressed on my right. My center is yielding. Impossible to maneuver. Situation excellent. I am attacking.
--Ferdinand Foch-- at the Battle of the Marne

michael

• Level 3
« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2008, 09:11:30 AM »

I agree Nick. I hate the endless appeals and the time between conviction and death. I have not heard of Newt's proposal before, but I like it a lot. Consequences should be as close to immediate as possible.
**To be a warrior is not a simple matter of wishing to be one. It is rather an endless struggle that will go on to the very last moment of our lives. Nobody is born a warrior, in exactly the same way that nobody is born an average man. We make ourselves into one or the other.** Carlos Castaneda

Professor

• In your house drinking your coffee
  • Level 4
  • The Warlord
« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2008, 11:06:05 AM »

Texas kills people on death row in less that 14.   ;)

Not the place you want to be on death row.

Average 10.26 years

Shortest: 248 days
Longest: 24 years

http://www.tdcj.state.tx.us/stat/drowfacts.htm
  'Advanced' is being able to do the basics, despite what else is happening. 

Our Country won't go on forever, if we stay soft as we are now. There won't be any AMERICA because some foreign soldiery will invade us and take our women and breed a hardier race!"  --- Chesty Puller, USMC

edude69

• Level 2
« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2008, 01:45:55 PM »

On California's death row, I think the average is now around 20 years.  Our death row is in San Quentin, which is located in Marin County.  That is without a doubt the most radically liberal place in the US.  Most of the legal appeals go through their court system.  The 9th circuit court, which handles the federal appeals, is based there in the bay area.  This is a group of straight criminal loving anarchists.  The percentage of death row convicts that actually make it to the "Green Room" is very small. 
We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm. 

George Orwell

rutleddc

• Level 3
« Reply #6 on: December 22, 2008, 10:40:57 AM »

I went to high school and junior college in Marin from 1973 to 1978. My dad had just retired after 20 years in the Army and we moved from the Panama Canal Zone to Mill Valley. It was a total culture shock moving from schools that were 80% military brats to a school full of rudderless rich kids and hippies.  :o

California was still okay then with Ronald Reagan as governor but things changed rapidly after he was replaced with Jerry Brown, aka "Governor Moonbeam."

Most memorable HS teaching moment: I remember social studies teacher said in class, paraphrasing, "no matter what everyone tells you life is really know different in the Soviet Union than in the United States, except that over there they have more personal freedoms." Yikes...
"Ruttles"
David Rutledge

edude69

• Level 2
« Reply #7 on: December 22, 2008, 07:47:40 PM »

Wow!  I find it scary people like that have access to our kids minds.
We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm. 

George Orwell

Download