Combat Centric

Talk Forum for Military, Police, Martial Artists and Aware Citizenry

Hock Hochheim's Combat Talk Forum

• January 20, 2018, 05:08:12 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: When civilians would shoot...  (Read 11144 times)

shastana

• Level 4
Re: When civilians would shoot...
« Reply #30 on: March 10, 2009, 09:24:42 AM »

But where is the proof you are part of the silent majority?  You sound desperate, hopping between whimpering about a "liberal media" and claiming the majority.

The media will reflect the majority, you dim wit.  They are in the process of selling papers after all.

Get clued in.

Clue...let's see what the media is reporting on about Americans and guns since the election....Record Sales...reported by....Media! 

http://www.cnn.com/2008/CRIME/11/11/obama.gun.sales/

http://macedoniaonline.eu/content/view/4471/61/

Yes...Silent Majority is whispering...

An armed citizenry fly their colors, an unarmed citizenry wear their colors.

Brian S

« Reply #31 on: March 10, 2009, 11:01:57 AM »

But, the "silent majority" is stewing, pressure building, calculating their next move, hopefully the political process will work like is supposed to...

So you're not part of this "silent majority...." but you want "them" to win?

Doh!  That's you being part of "them" AND claiming that "they" are the silent majority.

Doh!

shastana

• Level 4
« Reply #32 on: March 10, 2009, 06:53:18 PM »

CNN STORY ABOVE updated 4:02 p.m. EST, Tue November 11, 2008

Gun sales surge after Obama's election

* Story Highlights
    * Gun stores across the country see sales double or triple
    * Gun store owners and customers fear new restrictions
    * NRA campaigned against Barack Obama on gun control issues
    * President-elect favors ban on assault weapons but says he supports gun rights

Brian S

« Reply #33 on: March 10, 2009, 07:00:32 PM »

CNN STORY ABOVE updated 4:02 p.m. EST, Tue November 11, 2008

Gun sales surge after Obama's election

* Story Highlights
    * Gun stores across the country see sales double or triple
    * Gun store owners and customers fear new restrictions
    * NRA campaigned against Barack Obama on gun control issues
    * President-elect favors ban on assault weapons but says he supports gun rights

Is there a point to this grammatically challenged and non sensical post?

shastana

• Level 4
« Reply #34 on: March 11, 2009, 11:04:44 AM »

I am a "well-regulated militia"...and I am in the "Silent Majority"... ;D

What else does the Media say about this....HMMM

Dec 2007-Majority in US poll support gun ownership

http://www.cnn.com/2007/US/12/16/guns.poll/index.html

Brian S

« Reply #35 on: March 11, 2009, 03:40:29 PM »

The Media?  Funny how that evil media is suddenly fine when you find some of it saying what you want it to say.......

One of the problems with this debate is that the people most emotional about it forget what they have just said in one sentence... totally contradicting it in the next.  It is these people that do more harm to their own cause, as open minded observers see the illogical rants and conclude that their cause must be in the wrong.

arnold

• the king of cool
  • Level 4
  • oh that will get you killed
« Reply #36 on: March 12, 2009, 06:29:06 AM »

Exactly!
I leave you idiots alone for 5 minutes and I come back and you're all dancing around like a bunch of Kansas City faggots
you're all a bunch of slack jawed faggots around here, this stuff will make you a sexual tyrannosaurus, just like me!

shastana

• Level 4
« Reply #37 on: March 12, 2009, 10:24:11 AM »

But where is the proof you are part of the silent majority?  You sound desperate, hopping between whimpering about a "liberal media" and claiming the majority.

The media will reflect the majority, you dim wit.  They are in the process of selling papers after all.

Get clued in.

You wanted proof that majority of Americans want guns, there it is, read and weep!
Yes, they, I, we are as one.  The Silent Majority is by definition the majority, I am in the majority (read previous CNN Headlines on Gun Polls).  We are talking about guns in America right?

Media?  You say the media reflects the majority.  I say yes...and your point?  What a dumb fuck... :D

shastana

• Level 4
« Reply #38 on: March 12, 2009, 10:40:31 AM »

I seriously doubt that you represent the silent majority.  Check the latest election result.

Election results?  About what?  Gun control?  Obama?  You are trying to reverse engineer a theory that the majority of Americans voted for Obama because of...gun control? 

You need to re-visit the election platform statements and the polls taken regarding the issues at hand prior to the election.  Once you have properly educated yourself on the issues at hand, ie economy, Iraq war, health care, taxes, education, gvt accountability, war on terror, you can then make educated theories.

BTW, here is Obama gun stance...

Urban policy agenda of President Obama

Shortly after the November 4, 2008 election, Change.gov, the website of the office of President Barack Obama, listed a detailed agenda for the forthcoming administration. This includes "making the expired federal Assault Weapons Ban permanent."[14] This statement was originally published on Barack Obama's campaign website, BarackObama.com.[15] When President Barack Obama took office on January 20, 2009, the agenda statement was moved to the administration's website, WhiteHouse.gov, with its verbiage intact.[16][17]

On February 25th, 2009, the newly sworn-in Attorney General, Eric Holder, repeated the Obama Administration's desire to reinstate the Federal Assault Weapons Ban.[18] The mention came in response to a question, about 20 minutes into to a joint press conference with DEA Acting Administrator Michele Leonhart, discussing efforts to crack down on Mexican drug cartels. Attorney General Holder said: "[...]there are just a few gun-related changes that we would like to make, and among them would be to reinstitute the ban on the sale of assault weapons."[19]

Obama "President-elect favors ban on assault weapons but says he supports gun rights".

Your ass-backwards thesis that "majority of Americans voted for Obama, therefore the majority of Americans want guns banned" is what you call an indefensible inference.  Better know how to deliberate your debate topic before you open your mouth... :D

rutleddc

• Level 3
« Reply #39 on: March 12, 2009, 11:01:12 AM »

It's one of the classic Greek fallacies - the fallacy of composition I believe. You agree with the overall grouping so that means you believe in every individual part of the grouping. It is false but can be used to mislead you when you are not paying attention.

Maybe I spent too much time at the university but someone probably should have spent more!
"Ruttles"
David Rutledge
Pages: 1 [2]

Download