W. Hock Hochheim's

Combat Centric

Talk Forum for Military, Police, Martial Artists and Aware Citizenry

Hock Hochheim's Combat Talk Forum

• July 18, 2018, 02:57:16 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Ernesto Presas Clips  (Read 7795 times)

Joe Hubbard

• London, England
  • Level 4
  • Transforming the Esoteric with the Exoteric!
    • www.functionalfighting.com
Ernesto Presas Clips
« on: March 25, 2009, 02:50:40 AM »

Check these out:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A3Cr6qOfgag&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eMaiYmmoS9I&feature=channel_page

A young Ernesto.  Mark Lynn taught me this Ernesto drill in Kansas City; I still have all of his original notes.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2009, 07:42:36 AM by Hock »
"The music business is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs.  There's also a negative side"

Hunter S. Thompson

www.joehubbardstreetsurvival.com

Visit My Blog: http://joehubbard.wordpress.com

whitewolf

• Level 4
Re: Ernesto Clips
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2009, 04:33:25 AM »

Joe- both good- also when you pll these up there are a couple more vidios-pretty good also-WW (ELB)

Professor

• In your house drinking your coffee
  • Level 4
  • The Warlord
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2009, 06:47:02 AM »

I have the VHS tapes of the entire thing. 

Good stuff.
  'Advanced' is being able to do the basics, despite what else is happening. 

Our Country won't go on forever, if we stay soft as we are now. There won't be any AMERICA because some foreign soldiery will invade us and take our women and breed a hardier race!"  --- Chesty Puller, USMC

Hock

• Administrator
  • Level 4
    • www.HocksCQC.com
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2009, 07:53:39 AM »

Hey thats fun to look at.

That was filmed in the northwest USA very late 1980s, maybe 1990-ish and released in the early 1990's. In true Filipino lore/legend/nonemclature, it was sub-billed as "the hidden brother," suggesting that Remy Preses was the "unhidden brother" and there was some kind of a conspiracy/mystery keeping Ernesto as the hidden bother. In an island swamp? Where?

You can see some of the other films and the British MA show is fun to watch when they break out in dancing!

I hosted Ernesto in Dallas in 1993, 1995, 1997 and 1999 in big USA camps in Texas and went to the Philippines in between. He and I would do seminars together sometimes in the early 2000s. But, Ernesto could be more popular if he was more business-minded and a lot more organized. Plus the interest in FMA has really slipped off to very, small, isolated, niche groups certainly in comparison to popular systems today like UFC/MMA material.

The film is funny because it is a typical video product of the early era. In other parts there are mistakes they do not edit out, as people were not familar with the editing process. But Ernie beats up a lot of people in it and they duel with real, sharp, sparking  machettes.

They burned one down to DVD for me and maybe I'll take it and show it this summer at the big Chicago PAC Camp.

Shamess plug:  http://www.hockscqc.com/shop/product342.html

Dawg

• Level 4
« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2009, 08:03:19 PM »

That stuff is just too cool! Although I've always been a "smash and trash" kind of fella, I've always enjoyed watching all that flowing movement from those that do it well.

Thanks for the links, Joe!
"Whether you're paranoid or not, they're coming for you."  - Dawg

Hock

• Administrator
  • Level 4
    • www.HocksCQC.com
« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2009, 05:38:48 PM »

and....

Here is Junior! John-John or "Jon-Jon"..the Presas prodigy son in action! I have seen this kid in action, since way back, since he was...a kid. He makes other, especially some of these young American and European wanna-be FMA people look like punks.   

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IQltqe2FFcE&feature=PlayList&p=900D6981782AF8CF&playnext=1&playnext_from=PL&index=41

And check this out too...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lh3sI0-QXd4&NR=1

Hock
« Last Edit: July 02, 2009, 07:50:08 AM by Hock »

whitewolf

• Level 4
« Reply #6 on: July 01, 2009, 09:51:46 PM »

I have a thought- -Not being even a beginner in this type use of stick fighting my thought  is -if a expert gets into a real confortation and does not hold back it would seem that he would put a hell of a lot of damage on the attacker in a very very short time-so the flowing of the drills is more of muscle memory and how to implement the actual strike/strikes withour hurting the partner...addinng jujitsu/boxing and other
arts would make this person hard to beat----WW (ELB)

Hock

• Administrator
  • Level 4
    • www.HocksCQC.com
« Reply #7 on: July 01, 2009, 10:01:02 PM »

The flow.
It is in a lot of martial arts.
I first experienced it in Parker Kenpo almost 40 years ago.
Didn't see it again until with any significance until the late 1980s with the Filipino material.

Idiots do not understand it.
They belittle it as artsy. Dead drills. etc.
But it can create a machine gun attack in apt people.
And it can make un-apt people, apt.
Of course, it has to be trained and developed properly...the right context...but I'd rather do it than not.

Hock

whitewolf

• Level 4
Re: Ernesto Presas Clips
« Reply #8 on: July 02, 2009, 09:48:57 AM »

Hock -yes sir-agree-"flow training" works in any endevor-Martial arts,shooting,tennis,
and of course tiddley winks too-WW (ELB)

Joe Hubbard

• London, England
  • Level 4
  • Transforming the Esoteric with the Exoteric!
    • www.functionalfighting.com
« Reply #9 on: July 03, 2009, 09:30:18 AM »

Yes, Ernesto Jr can actually walk the walk.  Shame about Remy Jr.
"The music business is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs.  There's also a negative side"

Hunter S. Thompson

www.joehubbardstreetsurvival.com

Visit My Blog: http://joehubbard.wordpress.com

Professor

• In your house drinking your coffee
  • Level 4
  • The Warlord
« Reply #10 on: July 07, 2009, 07:42:32 AM »

Yes, Ernesto Jr can actually walk the walk.  Shame about Remy Jr.

Junior is great fun working out with.    Flipping a balisong (from closed to open) behind your back....lots of fun.

'Advanced' is being able to do the basics, despite what else is happening. 

Our Country won't go on forever, if we stay soft as we are now. There won't be any AMERICA because some foreign soldiery will invade us and take our women and breed a hardier race!"  --- Chesty Puller, USMC

TAC

• Level 3
« Reply #11 on: July 08, 2009, 04:49:32 AM »

Jan Jan is incredibly strong. When I met him I thought he was just fat, but it's actually mostly muscle. Last time I saw him he had a permanent red X on his back from where he slaps the sticks on his back when contracting/chambering the strike (look closely in the clip you'll see him do it).
Also funny as hell. When he graded me I didn't know what (if any) rank they were going to award me. I had collapsed on the floor and was about to pass out. He looked me in the eye and says "You hab earn-ed da rank ob... grandmaster! Nah just kidding, you suck so you jus' gots a brown belt!"

Boar Man

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on: December 16, 2009, 01:08:55 PM »

I know this is an old thread but I thought I would respond.

GM Ernesto is a great demonstrator, once when I was at a seminar in Tulsa (2000?) Ernesto did the Freestyle pattern using a sprite/water bottle against a stick.  He would at different times, while talking and banging away lock his partner up and then come up with the line "You can make him drink" and put the bottle in the guys mouth simulating him drinking.  Maybe he was actually pouring it down the guys throat, I can't remember.  Anyway after banging away again he locked swept the guy's lead foot for a take down and then had him drink it again while locked on his back on the floor with Ernesto kneeling over him.

I was given some early footage of Ernesto from back in the 80's doing a demo and he was a great showman.

Mark

Download