Combat Centric

Talk Forum for Military, Police, Martial Artists and Aware Citizenry

Hock Hochheim's Combat Talk Forum

• June 24, 2018, 08:28:35 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Afraid of getting hit  (Read 10630 times)

Tank2

• Level 2
Re: Afraid of getting hit
« Reply #30 on: May 08, 2009, 06:38:30 AM »

BTW, last night's incidental contact (my fault of course) drew some blood and bruised testicles!!!! :o :o :o

Dawg

• Level 4
« Reply #31 on: May 08, 2009, 07:05:30 AM »

Look on the bright side...at least you're not afraid of being hit! You just charge on in there, even though you're the big groin strike magnet that you are.

Just think...a couple more training sessions like that, and you won't even feel those things anymore!

(And what's a little blood loss between friends? At least nobody lost an ear!)
« Last Edit: May 08, 2009, 08:54:27 AM by Dawg »
"Whether you're paranoid or not, they're coming for you."  - Dawg

whitewolf

• Level 4
« Reply #32 on: May 08, 2009, 08:00:15 AM »

For Dawg=I found a female who will be my assistant-no formal training but will follow
the instructions and she is in good physical shape- ;D

opps I mean for training-

I thought about it and i am going to teach them the rear naked choke-that should be interesting-ill be careful-

Let you know how it works out-WW (ELB)

Hock

• Administrator
  • Level 4
    • www.HocksCQC.com
« Reply #33 on: May 08, 2009, 08:14:11 AM »

Almost all good systems have a slow, weaning way to learn how to do this.
I know of Kajukenbo ways and Thai Boxing.
Snake Blocker has some on each of his DVD series
http://www.hockscqc.com/shop/page24.html

What the core issue is, is "before, during and after," Pain Management. Defining it under the who, what, where, when , how and why formula.

Remember the big three foundations:

* Pain management
   * Anger management
   * Fear management

A must for all citizen, cop and soldier, martial training

Hock

Crafty

• Level 2
« Reply #34 on: May 11, 2009, 11:30:59 PM »

Testing everything and working very well thanks everyone hoch i order the thai dvds soon.

whitewolf

• Level 4
« Reply #35 on: May 12, 2009, 12:33:18 AM »

crafty- although I was talking about it on another part of the forum tonight we have aself defense class for some expat women-one of the drill i am going to do is have them sit back to  back and when i say go they are to turn and without getting past knees attempt to pin the other-no biting scratching punching etc etc allowed-the one who holds the other down is winner-ill give them about 15 seconds or  so- this will be first time most ever got into a physical contest like this-i want them to see how they should think under some sort of stress (but not hurt them)

At the end of the 15 seconds ill stop them -have them stay in place and discuss how to attack vital parts i.e. eyes throat,groin,hair, ears,fish hook mouth-use of knees and clawing-------

Basicallly the tactics come from various past instructors/seminars-no referees in the street sir ;D ;D

Crafty

• Level 2
« Reply #36 on: May 13, 2009, 02:27:21 PM »

:P Whitewolf i did that drill it went down really well thx 

arnold

• the king of cool
  • Level 4
  • oh that will get you killed
« Reply #37 on: May 13, 2009, 03:16:21 PM »

Joe,
Only 125 times!!? Sounds like a slow morning! I remember about 12 years ago or so, Hock said he needed me to do some filming for some production company. I believe Mike Gillette was also there.( something about a Hoochie Mama and some chicken wings) Beautiful background of camo netting and assorted crap, polished concrete floor, the typical landing platform that I had come to expect.
So after about my 75th landing, the director asked if the guy "face down" on the floor would stop laughing and to see if Hock could have me hit the floor just a little harder. Oh isn't this just fucking dandy.
So the next time he hurls my ass into the floor, I hit with the same sound as a dead wet fish and let out with a "you fucker", which is picked up by every mike as you see the production company wince. Ahh the memories
All I can tell the guys who do not want to get hit to "Harden the Fuck Up"
As a bday present to my dear self ( turned 52 today, still just a cute as a button) I attended one of the local Martial Arts Academy's Hapkido class. Fairly hard core, don't like the fact you can't wear mat shoes, but it was a pretty decent workout.
First they didn't believe I was 52,( either does anyone else who knows me as they all think i should have died years ago) then they tried some of their "techniques" on me, most didn't work unless I was especially compliant. One of their lead instructors told me I should tap if it hurts. I said I will if it does. He had this bewildered look on his face. Listen pal, I've been hit by lightning twice and you ain't lightning.
Of course I had the question and answer period after class as to who I've trained with, blah blah blah, and how their Hapkido is the greatest thing since sliced bread.
All I want to do is train, get some exercise besides the gym in the am. So I guess I'll just deal with their traditional jazz till Jim McCann moves to Texas.
And now it's off to din din with my dear wifey
Cards and money donations can be sent directly
I leave you idiots alone for 5 minutes and I come back and you're all dancing around like a bunch of Kansas City faggots
you're all a bunch of slack jawed faggots around here, this stuff will make you a sexual tyrannosaurus, just like me!

Dawg

• Level 4
« Reply #38 on: May 13, 2009, 04:45:41 PM »

Happy Birthday

See what happens when you just absolutely refuse to die? Even lightening's scared of you. Congrats!

whitewolf

• Level 4
« Reply #39 on: May 13, 2009, 06:01:04 PM »

Ha- lightening up the old butt-ohhhhhhhhh that smarts-WW (ELB)

arnold

• the king of cool
  • Level 4
« Reply #40 on: May 13, 2009, 07:26:06 PM »

Once in the head, next time in the leg. Now you know whats wrong with me ::)
I leave you idiots alone for 5 minutes and I come back and you're all dancing around like a bunch of Kansas City faggots
you're all a bunch of slack jawed faggots around here, this stuff will make you a sexual tyrannosaurus, just like me!

Dawg

• Level 4
« Reply #41 on: May 13, 2009, 07:38:12 PM »

Listen pal, I've been hit by lightning twice and you ain't lightning.

Now, that's the line to end all lines! How do you top that!

WW,
I've gone to the trouble of reading through Arnold's post a couple of more times and NOWHERE do I find anything in regards to:

Ha- lightening up the old butt-ohhhhhhhhh that smarts-WW (ELB)

Freudian slip maybe? Too many screwdrivers while cruising on the forum, perhaps? A personal experience you'd like to share with the forum? (I'm actually regretting that last question right about now!) ::)

Since I'm not in the "Bustop", I guess I ought to get back on topic before I get chastised:

Get struck by lightening, not just once, but twice, and survive; you will no longer fear getting hit. As a matter of fact, you will probably not fear much of anything anymore!

whitewolf

• Level 4
« Reply #42 on: May 13, 2009, 08:33:51 PM »

Good morning Dawg-head towards the busstop for my extremely painful experience with lightning- ::) WW (ELB)

arnold

• the king of cool
  • Level 4
« Reply #43 on: May 14, 2009, 03:51:44 AM »

It's the line of "Pissing Thunder and shooting lightning out of my ass" that I think the old Sgt MAjor may have been referring to. Though I could be completely wrong

arnold

• the king of cool
  • Level 4
« Reply #44 on: May 14, 2009, 06:10:30 AM »

Ok, Here's the list of what I'm "afraid" of

1. A list of honey do's when I get home from work
2. Gay pride day parades tying up traffic and slowing beer deliveries
3. Liberals
4. Running out of ammunition
5. And mostly I'm afraid that the country I knew is rapidly going down the tube

Canuk

• Level 4
« Reply #45 on: May 14, 2009, 01:56:42 PM »

I was hit by thunder once and couldn't hear out of left eye for a month, apart from that no damage whatsoever

whitewolf

• Level 4
« Reply #46 on: May 14, 2009, 09:53:00 PM »

Canuk- good one= WW (ELB)

arnold

• the king of cool
  • Level 4
« Reply #47 on: May 19, 2009, 04:04:57 AM »

And now for an update.
The classes have gone fairly well. Still don't like the fact that you can't wear mat shoes. And of course you  have to wear one of "their" uniforms, and purchase their gear and all of the other assorted money making crap. But it is a pretty good workout.
On the negative side, other testing that came back form the Dr's office isn't all too Rosy. May have to go for intestinal surgery. They are going to make some type of decision in the next few weeks. So in the meantime, I'll play their games just to be able to work out, drink my coffee and eat very little and take the green pill and the red pill. And I'll wear my spiffy new uniform. Too bad it doesn't come in purple :)

whitewolf

• Level 4
« Reply #48 on: May 19, 2009, 04:52:19 AM »

Arnold- all the best- Richard (WW)

arnold

• the king of cool
  • Level 4
« Reply #49 on: May 19, 2009, 07:13:32 PM »

Thanks.. It's just another day in paradise
Pages: 1 [2]

Download