W. Hock Hochheim's

Combat Centric

Talk Forum for Military, Police, Martial Artists and Aware Citizenry

Hock Hochheim's Combat Talk Forum

• April 26, 2018, 06:57:58 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Front Sight  (Read 1902 times)

ghostrider

• Level 3
Front Sight
« on: May 30, 2009, 12:35:35 PM »

Greetings!

I was on a website a few days ago the title being "Front Sight" firearms training institute which was originated by a man whose name is Dr. Ignatius Piazza. He has the title of four weapons combat master. The website looked interesting and seems to have much information about combat shooting, as well as, other aspects of fighting. Has anyone heard of him or know anything about him?
A people should not be afraid of their government, a government should be afraid of their people- V

VicMackey

• Level 4
Re: Front Sight
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2009, 03:45:53 PM »

I heard he has no military or law enforcement experience. But some event in his life, not involving him, motivated him to take some serious firearms training. He then got molded by Chuck Taylor and then went on to learn combat shooting and got him the title. He then bought some land in Nevada and started Front Sight and, since then, is the CEO and owner of it. Front Sight then became one of the top firearms training centers aorund the country but it's more catered to law-abiding private citizens although it also welcomes law enforcement and military.
"Fail to prepare, prepare to fail."
"A citizen is armed and free while a subject is disarmed and under control."
"An armed society is a polite society."
"Keep your friends close and your enemies closer"-Sun Tzu
"Everyone has a plan until they get punched in the mouth"-Mike Tyson

Hock

• Administrator
  • Level 4
    • www.HocksCQC.com
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2009, 12:07:10 AM »

Search on the terms here and find out way more form the many entries on Frontsite.
Nice place to visit, don't join! With the ridiculous multi-colored, over-priced membrships.

I have taught at Frontsite and am familiar with it and theircontract employees.

"Nash" Piazz is a chiropractor in CA and graduate of Gunsite. The actual courses are just fine. (He doesn't teach. Others do.)But, heres the scoop on gun training in the USA. From the tip of Florida to Seatle, WA, a person can get in their car, drive two hours and attend a very good gun course anywhere they live, put on by someone who, or someplace that, is not "famous" at a fraction of the cost. Many times these are now war vets. In general, gun training has improved coast-to-coast in quality. Flying to the "Gun Meccas" is just not nessecary anymore. Fun. Niche. Get the T-shirt. But not needed.

(I would suggest an outdoor gun range though. Indoor ranges are way, WAY too limiting.)

And in Texas? Blackhawk Down vet Paul Howe is in Nacodoches teaching. Clint Smith comes just south of Dallas every February. The small, local gun ranges get better and the need to travel and SPEND for these distant "Meccas" like Frontsite become less and less important.

Hock
(Also search a few pages deep on google, and you will see the various complaints, law suits and problems FS has. It has never become what hey promised)
« Last Edit: June 03, 2009, 04:39:31 AM by Hock »

harvey

• Level 1
« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2009, 12:40:19 PM »

Many years ago I took a two day defensive handgun (20 hours) class at frontsite and I learned some good stuff. I live in Vegas so I am only 45 minutes away and I got a deal through a buddy(Chuck) of mine on the price. You know what else I learned I really do not like range shooting extremely boring to me but I will do it from time to time. Going out to the dessert and shooting different types of targets and being able to move while shooting is more of what I like to do.

Harvey 

« Last Edit: May 31, 2009, 12:50:53 PM by harvey »

ghostrider

• Level 3
« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2009, 01:25:36 AM »

Well in taking Hock's advice I googled some very interesting information about Frontsite, especially the connections to an armed Scientology. Doesn't look good at all. Thanks for the suggestions as well. I am looking at some of the ranges in the Dallas area for furthering my knowledge in shooting as well as combat pistol as well.
A people should not be afraid of their government, a government should be afraid of their people- V

Download