Combat Centric

Talk Forum for Military, Police, Martial Artists and Aware Citizenry

Hock Hochheim's Combat Talk Forum

• April 23, 2018, 09:01:05 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Knife/Counter-Knife Book  (Read 21120 times)

Hock

• Administrator
  • Level 4
    • www.HocksCQC.com
Re: Knife/Counter-Knife Book
« Reply #30 on: September 13, 2010, 12:23:30 PM »

Try to make the connection.
Think about stabbing all those body parts and then somehow it should all come together.

"If I stab here...then this function shuts down. If I stab there, then this function shuts down....etc..."

Thanks,
Hock

whitewolf

• Level 4
« Reply #31 on: September 16, 2010, 02:58:07 AM »

Been carrying the book to work- when i am free I review the pages-I hve now marked off just about every page that shows unarmed defenses and go over them-as Hock said in the book one has to know unarmed defenses to be able to fight with a knife. Hope to go over some of them at the tallahoma seminar to clarify correct movements as shown in the book. The more i get into the "knife culture" the more i see that  a lot of what is practised out there by some is worthless-one needs a qualified instructor who has been there and done that  in real situations and can actually teach how to over come a knife attack, be stabbed but continue to overcome the attacker.
WW (ELB) speed of ligtht

Hock

• Administrator
  • Level 4
    • www.HocksCQC.com
« Reply #32 on: June 01, 2011, 09:31:47 AM »

"I checked out your knife book in depth, it`s really amazing! It`s the MOST COMPLETE knife book which I ever read. But what has blown me away was, the PROGRESSION, the info is EASY UNDERSTANDABLE and EASY TO FOLLOW. Many books are incomplete or/and very complicated.

And of course how MANY DETAILS are in the book, you left no stone unturned. Especially knife work on the ground is rarely seen (kneeling, laying) This was what I was always looking for, the missing link. Well, in short, I WOULD RECOMMEND THIS BOOK FOR EVERYONE! YOU DID A FANTASTIC JOB! THANKS!"

- Juan Obrecht, Switzerland , Instructor in Warriors Eskrima,
                                      Dog Brothers Martial Arts, Paul Vunak's Progressive Fighting
                                      Systems

Vrkah

• Level 2
« Reply #33 on: June 05, 2012, 01:54:32 AM »

Ok, i am a little late. I got your book yesterday and from the frist moment on it was clear to me, that this will not be the last of your books in my hands. That is the best book on this subject i have ever seen.
Thank you, Hock for this masterpiece!
(I just ordered the Impact Weapon Combatives book and i'm looking very much forward to it!!)
« Last Edit: June 05, 2012, 01:56:55 AM by Vrkah »
Si vis pacem, para bellum

whitewolf

• Level 4
« Reply #34 on: June 05, 2012, 12:19:10 PM »

Will get it when i return to the US ww

Hock

• Administrator
  • Level 4
    • www.HocksCQC.com
« Reply #35 on: June 19, 2012, 09:11:49 AM »

"Actually went back and reread the knife book for the third time.  I have several hundred books in my martial arts library.  At least a hundred are on different weapons and weapon styles.  Your knife book is the most complete weapon book I've found.  Actually was about to start my fourth reread of the book." Arlie Everett, Georgia, USA
Pages: 1 [2]

Download