W. Hock Hochheim's

Combat Centric

Talk Forum for Military, Police, Martial Artists and Aware Citizenry

Hock Hochheim's Combat Talk Forum

• October 22, 2018, 10:51:26 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: drills with a stick  (Read 6875 times)

redhawk44357

• Level 3
drills with a stick
« on: August 25, 2009, 04:25:06 PM »

I AM TRYING TO SET UP AN AREA FOR WORKING OUT WITH MY CANES AND PALM STICK/FLASHLIGHT. I HAVE A DUFFLE BAG HANGING IN MY GARAGE. ARE THERE SPICIFIC DRILLS I SHOULD BE DOING? CANT AFFORD DVDS OR FORMAL LESSONS.  AM DOING THIS ON MY OWN AND HAVE PLENTY OF MOTIVATION. ALSO AN SUGGESTIONS ON MAKING ANY OTHER PRACTICE EQUIPEMENT??

Hock

• Administrator
  • Level 4
    • www.HocksCQC.com
Re: drills with a stick
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2009, 04:49:04 PM »

The impact weapon strikes with:
   - the tip,
   - the shaft,
   - and the pommel or handle.

With:
   - one hand
   - two hands

In:
   - hooking angles
   - straight thrusts

Strike the bag on the numbers/angles of common clock (screw all those complicated, easily forgotten, angle of attack systems that change from master-to-master, system-to-system.)

Then you...
hey, hell, just email me your address
Hock@HocksCQC.com
and I'll send you a free copy of my Stick Warpost DVD. It has years of solo workouts on that one-hour DVD. And is very popular. It even has instruction on how to build your own warpost out of a few pieces of wood, cement and a metal bucket.

Hock
« Last Edit: August 25, 2009, 04:56:52 PM by Hock »

redhawk44357

• Level 3
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2009, 05:17:01 PM »

THANKS MUCH!!  I REALLY APPRECIATE THE HELP

Wizard

• Level 2
« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2009, 09:33:57 PM »

Hock,

Is that warpost DVD available as a single purchase any longer?

Hock

• Administrator
  • Level 4
    • www.HocksCQC.com
« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2009, 09:55:42 PM »

Its just a bonus DVD in the SDMS Basic Instructor package
http://www.hockscqc.com/shop/product30.html

and it also appears as a bonus in Training Mission 2 Series
http://www.hockscqc.com/shop/product26.html

We are not set up to sell it seperately what with all the computer lingo/tax file/blah-blather it takes to do it.

Hock

juszczec

• Level 3
« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2009, 05:00:37 AM »

CANT AFFORD DVDS OR FORMAL LESSONS.

Where are you located?  I run a program in Akron, Ohio and might be able to help you out.

You can respond here or to my personal email: mark.juszczec@gmail.com - whichever you prefer.

Mark

Joe Hubbard

• London, England
  • Level 4
  • Transforming the Esoteric with the Exoteric!
    • www.functionalfighting.com
« Reply #6 on: August 26, 2009, 07:30:27 AM »

What's up with all of the caps Redhawk?  Is your computer caps lock button broken?
"The music business is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs.  There's also a negative side"

Hunter S. Thompson

www.joehubbardstreetsurvival.com

Visit My Blog: http://joehubbard.wordpress.com

Dawg

• Level 4
« Reply #7 on: August 26, 2009, 08:01:28 AM »

Then you...
hey, hell, just email me your address
Hock@HocksCQC.com
and I'll send you a free copy of my Stick Warpost DVD.
Hock

Wow! How freakin' cool is that! :o

Where are you located?  I run a program in Akron, Ohio and might be able to help you out.
Mark

Cool points again! :o That's the greatest thing about this forum: You come here looking for some help, someone is probably going to hook you up. I've just never seen anything else like it.

Of course, if you come here posing or acting foolish, stand by for heavy rolls; we'll sick Milldog or Uncle Arnold on ya'!

You guys are all right; I take back half of the bad stuff I've said about you! ;D
"Whether you're paranoid or not, they're coming for you."  - Dawg

juszczec

• Level 3
« Reply #8 on: August 26, 2009, 08:10:10 AM »

Mark

Cool points again! :o

Thanks, but we're all in this together.  If I'm in a position to help someone, then its my job to at least offer.

I'm fortunate enough to be in the position to offer help.  Hasn't always been like that.  And I know I'm only here because of the people who offered to help me.

And hey, redhawk44357 may see how ugly I am in person and say "Wow.  Thanks - but unless you put a bag on your head I'm gonna train in the garage by myself"

::)

Oh I just crack myself up.

Dawg

• Level 4
« Reply #9 on: August 26, 2009, 08:57:29 AM »

Personally, I couldn't care less how ugly my instructor or training partner is; what I have problems dealing with is B.O. or bad breath.

I always have a package of gum with me just in case I need to hand a stick to somebody and say, "Dude...seriously!" (I love that mint commercial where they do that!).

Besides, Hock says we're only supposed to look "pretty" by accident; I guess that means you have nothing to worry about!

I crack myself up, too! ;)

redhawk44357

• Level 3
« Reply #10 on: August 26, 2009, 04:43:56 PM »

ok , sorry about caps. i never learned to type the "correct " way. 2  fingers ya. know.  i am in louisiana, too far for a comute to train with you, but thanks for the invite, juszczec.  hock, i sent my address to you , been having connection problems, hope you got it.

loyalonehk

• Level 3
  • W.A.R. = "We Are Ready"... R U ???
    • Kaju Dog Martial Arts and Fitness
« Reply #11 on: August 26, 2009, 09:44:55 PM »

ok , sorry about caps. i never learned to type the "correct " way. 2  fingers ya. know.  i am in louisiana, too far for a comute to train with you, but thanks for the invite, juszczec.  hock, i sent my address to you , been having connection problems, hope you got it.

HoooWee, Louisiana...

Well, Know that if you ever have a chance to make it out to ANYONE of Hocks Missguided Children, you will have a place to train and share ideas.

There are many great and real deal Warrios here.  We love to train, love to share (w/ the right people) and hope for nothing more than dedication and sincerety.

Good luck on your journey.

8)
V/R
Sifu Dean "Kaju Dog"  Webster 
http://kajudog.webs.com
Fight the good fight, Win or Loose, TCB the best you can for the right reasons.

kajudog@ymail.com

Milldog1776

« Reply #12 on: August 26, 2009, 10:14:27 PM »

And Redhawk44357, there is always hope in your typing skills.

loyalonehk types with his elbows, and look at him.

Tank2

• Level 2
« Reply #13 on: August 27, 2009, 06:47:15 AM »

Redhawk,

Dawg and I have been discussing a Sat---4hr Stick seminar this fall. If your interested, email me and we'll talk. Also next Spring, Hock will be in Meridian, and the tentative plan is to do stick work along with some hand, knife , and gun.

Jim McCann will also be in meridian Oct 31 for a seminar.

Email me and we'll talk. Oh, I guess I should mention that we are in Meridian, MS....La's next door neighbor!

Dawg

• Level 4
« Reply #14 on: August 27, 2009, 08:50:11 AM »

Redhawk,
Dawg and I have been discussing a Sat---4hr Stick seminar this fall.

Yep! (We need to solidify that date, Bro!)

Oh, I guess I should mention that we are in Meridian, MS....La's next door neighbor!

Yep! Three-hour drive from New Orleans.

Well, Know that if you ever have a chance to make it out to ANYONE of Hocks Missguided Children, you will have a place to train and share ideas.

Yep! That's just how we roll. ;D

redhawk44357

• Level 3
« Reply #15 on: August 27, 2009, 05:46:17 PM »

meridien sounds like a definate possibility,depending on the date. what email should i use to contact you?

whitewolf

• Level 4
« Reply #16 on: August 27, 2009, 11:40:55 PM »

Dawg/Tank- please keep me posted as to maridian seminars in oct-
Presently i am in warsaw poland-taking some classes from KM chief instructor-couple days only but good stuff-work
WW (ELB)
"speed of Light"

Tank2

• Level 2
« Reply #17 on: August 28, 2009, 06:29:43 AM »

Jim McCann will be here Oct 31st.

The plan for the seminar is to have 1 hr of Boxing, 1 hr of Sport Grappling, 1 hr of Street Grappling, and 1 hr of Street style combatives.

I will post the detailed fl yer as soon as I get one scanned!

If you have never trained with Jim, you owe it to yourself to come! 8)

whitewolf

• Level 4
« Reply #18 on: August 28, 2009, 07:48:46 AM »

looking forward to this time-the break down sounds good to me-i just finished four hours of training here today-(Warsaw)  sore as hell and tired out- had to stop awhile-we were working on defense against club , knife, chokes from front, side, and rear and fist attacks-tommorow are private lessons on defenses against knife stabs and how to (hopefully ) overcome them.

looking forward to the actual date/times for theseminar-

WW (ELB) ="speed of light"

Dawg

• Level 4
« Reply #19 on: August 28, 2009, 10:22:17 AM »

If you have never trained with Jim, you owe it to yourself to come! 8)

If you have trained with Jim?
'Nuff said! Start making plans to be there.

ELB,
Make sure you take some good notes at your training; maybe we can do some training during the breaks on some knife stuff.

I'm kind of curious about the way you're ending your posts these days.

WW (ELB) = "speed of light"

If WW = Whitewolf,
and (ELB) = El Lobo Blanco,
then "speed of light" should read SOL, right? Wasn't that a common acronym for something else in the military? :-\ So the equation should read:

WW (ELB) = SOL or,
Whitewolf (El Lobo Blanco) = Shit Out of Luck!

Maybe not such a keeper after all? ;)

Who luvs ya, baby? The Big Dawg luvs ya! ;D

whitewolf

• Level 4
« Reply #20 on: August 28, 2009, 10:49:49 AM »

Dawg u r a trip= SOL-cool
actually "speed of light" is something i  made up due to my extra extra alertness and extreme reaction to when i see a beautiful woman- heheh-
no----i just think its cool because we train to win and to win u need fucking speed-

I never took any seminars from Mr MMcann-looking forward to it

on the training here -this instructor visits isreal twice a year plus is a medical military doctor and works with the polish special forces- il demo the knife tactics u  can
decide good or bad-i am no expert on knife defense thats reason working on it with him.

today we had police/soldiers/students all at the class-

anyway  take care

WW(ELB)
"speed of light"

Dawg

• Level 4
« Reply #21 on: August 28, 2009, 12:31:53 PM »

ELB,

Sounds like a plan! I look forward to training with you again soon.

actually "speed of light" is something i  made up due to my extra extra alertness and extreme reaction to when i see a beautiful woman- heheh-
no----i just think its cool because we train to win and to win u need fucking speed-
WW(ELB)
"speed of light"

Roger that!

whitewolf

• Level 4
« Reply #22 on: August 28, 2009, 12:41:40 PM »

Dawg-without going into uch detail-one of the things the instructor pushes is a term in english called-continuous motion-they never stop the attack untill the attacker is finished
he shows how many styles will do a tactic and after applying the initial strike -stop-
on the other hand he insists that the attack be continued untill as i said the opponent is stopped -i.e.-a block and strike are initiated at same time-then continued-

anyway-stay safe- hope i see u and your gang in oct-
WW (ELB)-"speed of light"

Dawg

• Level 4
« Reply #23 on: August 28, 2009, 01:15:41 PM »

ELB,
Although I'm familiar with the term continuous motion, and agree that's a great mindset for both sport and street combative situations, I really try to stay away from the words "never" and "always" these days. Hock has me convinced that everything is situational and I don't want an "always do this" or "never do that" doctrine limiting my options to deal with the situation at hand.

One of the things drilled into me during my early Kenpo days was "Never back up" when fighting an opponent. Life has shown me that sometimes the wisest thing to do is to not only back up, but do so at a high rate of speed to escape and live to fight another day.

Sounds like some great training; make new friends, have some fun and hopefully grab some new toys for the toolbox. But I would recommend that you be wary of doctrines that limit your responses. I'll make my own choices when it's my rear-end on the line, thank you very much!

That little bit of info and five bucks will get you a Grande Mocha Java at Books-A-Million (you'll probably get a discount if you leave out the info)!

whitewolf

• Level 4
« Reply #24 on: August 28, 2009, 04:52:08 PM »

as u said  never and always should be avoided-what he is showing is if you start a attack dont stop in the middle- complete it

as for java moka drinkees-i am a vodka/blackberry brandy  man

WW (ELB)-"speed of light"

redhawk44357

• Level 3
« Reply #25 on: August 28, 2009, 06:48:26 PM »

i am wanting to attend in meridian.  what email should i use to contact anyone for info?

redhawk44357

• Level 3
« Reply #26 on: September 07, 2009, 04:53:30 PM »

i have begun my journey with my sticks. i have watched the dvd 3 times in a week. the drills are very well explained, although there wasnt a section on construction of the war post used. in the dvd you refer to another one (  command and mastery knife video) where the actual construction is covered.  this i found at 19:28 min. into the video.  i do plan to try to design my own. my question is why mount in a bucket? and the reason for tying the "arms" to the post?     thanks again, your student of the stick

Hock

• Administrator
  • Level 4
    • www.HocksCQC.com
« Reply #27 on: September 07, 2009, 05:08:14 PM »

That construction part must be the Knife Solo Command and Mastery DVD.
Just look at the film and reverse engineer it.

Why put it in a bucket? MOVE IT ANYWHERE! Inside. Outside. The bucket full of cement is just enough to stabilize and the handles on the metal/pail bucket is there for the moving.

Man, I've neem married three times and I build all shit for fast getaway!
Hock

Download