W. Hock Hochheim's

Combat Centric

Talk Forum for Military, Police, Martial Artists and Aware Citizenry

Hock Hochheim's Combat Talk Forum

• October 18, 2018, 08:50:12 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Love that M4  (Read 1285 times)

grlaun

• Rawhide
  • Level 4
  • Jeff 'Rawhide' Laun
Love that M4
« on: August 22, 2009, 07:56:51 PM »

Shot & qualified on the M4 this past week... Man, what cool weapon!   The trainers had us doing all sorts of cover drills, transition to handgun drills, shooting from the ground - back and sides!  What a freakin' BLAST!  Great training...
Cheat in Beginning - Cheat in the Middle - Cheat in the End
Official Evil Ninja - 2008
Texas Peace Officer 8/2009
"You're making the wrong assumption that a Marine by himself is outnumbered"
Gen Peter Pace, 28Jul06
"You tell that muthaf**ka, he owes me money!"

VicMackey

• Level 4
Love At First Sight With My LAR-15
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2009, 07:56:03 PM »

Great thing you brought that up. I just recently bought a semiautomatic rifle that has the M4 design. It's the LAR-15 Tactical Entry rifle from Rock River Arms and it's semiautomatic only. It's a little different since it's got railings on top for scopes or lights. Plan on doing some target practice soon. In addition, I also bought other accessories for it such as snapcaps, cleaning kit, 400 rds. of .223 ammo, 20 magazines, (6 of them are 30 rd. mags, the rest are 20 rds.)., and a small deployment bag, sort of like a purse, that can hold up to 10 magazines. I am also ordering a magazine coupler and some training DVDs related to the AR-15/M-16. In the future, I am planning on getting tactical lights mounted on it as well as possibly getting a bayonet that I can attach to it.
It's my 4th and last gun and a compliment to my 2 pistols and my shotgun. Why I bought it? It's my last resort gun for home defense during a civil disaster (riots/hurricanes/power outages), where looting and mass assailant home invasions can occur. 
« Last Edit: August 26, 2009, 08:03:51 PM by VicMackey »
"Fail to prepare, prepare to fail."
"A citizen is armed and free while a subject is disarmed and under control."
"An armed society is a polite society."
"Keep your friends close and your enemies closer"-Sun Tzu
"Everyone has a plan until they get punched in the mouth"-Mike Tyson

VicMackey

• Level 4
Re: Love that M4
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2009, 04:29:10 PM »

Also bought me a brand new M-9 bayonet to fit on my M-4 (Rock River Arms LAR-15) semiautomatic rifle. It is an easy fit. Makes a great combat knife too and I have it in a sheath connected to my deployment bag when not mounted on my rifle. Just bought it at the showroom at the shooting range, where I shot 80 rds. of slugs and buckshot from my Mossberg 590 pump 12-ga. shotgun. 8)
« Last Edit: August 26, 2009, 08:06:34 PM by VicMackey »

VicMackey

• Level 4
Re: Love that M4
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2009, 08:27:14 PM »

As far as my new rifle goes, I did 2 test fire/practice sessions with it and fired 220 total rds. with no problems at all from 250 yrds. Accuracy is so great that I didn't even had to zero in the sights. Everything I hit was the black bullseye. Of all the AR-15s I have shot in the past, this one has no jamming problems and it is by far the most accurate AR-15 I have ever fired. Looking forward to do another 120 rd. test fire session.
And, oiling and cleaning it is no problem, thanx to the traning DVD I bought from Lenny Magill, if you guys ever heard of him. He made disassembling/reassembling the rifle easy to understand. And, that operator manual than came with my Rock River Arms LAR-15, did nothing to help me. Once I saw the DVD from Mr. Magill, it made reading the operator's manual much easier. I even went as far as the bolt carrier and bolt itself w/ no problems with reassembly. Since I have my own AR-15 rifle, I pretty much know now about it inside and out and it will make me a better rifleman in the military.

Download