W. Hock Hochheim's

Combat Centric

Talk Forum for Military, Police, Martial Artists and Aware Citizenry

Hock Hochheim's Combat Talk Forum

• October 20, 2018, 12:00:03 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Books & Such Other Foolishness from My End.  (Read 2997 times)

D. McLemore

• Level 1
Books & Such Other Foolishness from My End.
« on: September 11, 2009, 06:23:20 PM »

Hey Hoch.....good luck with the new book!  Since you've put up a great flag on this one I thought I would do the same.  As much as I've been trying to phase out of the martial arts business, things I enjoy keep getting in the way.   The new book The Fighting Staff will be  out within the next two months.  Got a January release on the 2nd Tomahawk Book and the Fighting Tomahawk-The Video should be out in January.  THis is a very very informal video not unlike the one we did so many years ago. I've got a contract coming on a Bowie Knife Video to be shot  in Jan 2010.  I am still amazed at the success of these books.....The FIghting Sword is also getting good reviews......
Guess that speaks well for all the time you spent trying to  teach me.  I'm working on another sword book at this time and planning to finish up those 5 unfinished manuscripts this year.  Again, none of this could have been done with your inspiration and support.  Hope to see Snake soon and push his button on getting that Apache book out.

All My Best
Dwight

Mr. Barnett

• Level 3
Re: Books & Such Other Foolishness from My End.
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2009, 08:44:54 AM »

Hi Dwight,
We haven't trained together, but i bought the binder on bowie knife when Hock first had them, and i just wanted to thank you.  Personally.  So, thanks.  You've done some fantastic work, and I am looking forward to your most recent work.  the more I train with longer type edged weapons, the more I recognize how devastating they are, and always have been.  I live in France, in the region known for resistance.  There's alot of history here, and Napoleon, after escaping the island, came through here, and left alot of history.  We have alot of photographs and drawings left over from those times, and you see that many many French citizens were armed with swords, even at the pubs.  They almost touch the floor even.  There are still alot of craftsmen around this area that make swords and daggers.  Unfortunately, my budget sucks, so i just get to handle them in the shop, but wow, what a weapon in close combat.

Sincerely,
Mr. Barnett

-The natural right of self-defense permits us to oppose an enemy with the same arms he uses, and to make his own rage and folly recoil upon himself-

D. McLemore

• Level 1
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2009, 01:08:57 PM »

Mr. Barnett:   I very pleased that you enjoyed he book.  Sounds like you have one of those that my wife and I self published, years back. Please forgive all the typing and grammer errors for I did not have the fine editors of Paladin Press behind me back then. Just me and Hoch and proof reading is not our strong suit.  I envy you living in France with access to all that wonderful history.  Good luck with all your future training .

All My Best

Dwight

Kentbob

• JOAT
  • Level 4
  • Sound the horn and call the cry
    • Antrim Self-Protection
« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2009, 02:35:45 PM »

Mr. McLemore,

I bought The Fighting Tomahawk last time I was deployed to Iraq, and I enjoyed it very much.  Both from a historical standpoint, and also for introducing me to different ways of using an edged weapon.  Keep up the good work!

Kent
"Specialization is for insects."-Robert A. Heinlein

http://antrimmasp.blogspot.com/

D. McLemore

• Level 1
« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2009, 07:01:19 AM »

Kentbob:

Thank YOU .....for your service to the GREAT Country.
All My Best
Dwight

Hock

• Administrator
  • Level 4
    • www.HocksCQC.com
« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2009, 05:39:43 PM »

Dwight I think you are and I are actually being released in the same holiday Paladin batch (my stick takedown DVD set)

I still need to mail you something.
Can you email me your best mailing address?

Hock@HocksCQC.com

Hock

• Administrator
  • Level 4
    • www.HocksCQC.com
« Reply #6 on: October 23, 2009, 05:58:49 PM »

GOT the Staff book and finally got the chance to read it.
Of course I love it and as always I am addicted to those cool drawings you make. Its makes for a signature volume that is totally unique!

Hock

D. McLemore

• Level 1
« Reply #7 on: October 25, 2009, 07:28:23 PM »

Thanks Hoch:  That means something coming from you.  Right now the wife is controlling my copies of the Hawk Video...wants to makes sure the kids get a copy.  I'll get one off to you soon .  Some SOB critic commented that all my work was Lame.  Actually at my age and with my bad knee, it's really true.

Best
Dwight

D. McLemore

• Level 1
« Reply #8 on: October 25, 2009, 07:30:55 PM »

Oh BTW....got a camcorder for my birthday that is smarter than I am.....hopefully it will make some of the video stuff easier. Have a feeling it will see more use this thanksgiving when we hava all the grandchildren here at the house.  Documeting the cahos.

Best
Dwight

Download