W. Hock Hochheim's

Combat Centric

Talk Forum for Military, Police, Martial Artists and Aware Citizenry

Hock Hochheim's Combat Talk Forum

• January 17, 2018, 10:12:24 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Balloon Boy neighbor fights  (Read 2022 times)

Hock

• Administrator
  • Level 4
    • www.HocksCQC.com
Balloon Boy neighbor fights
« on: October 19, 2009, 05:46:08 PM »

Balloon boy neighbor and struggle with newspeople.

Weird. Funky. See the raw footage
http://www.breitbart.tv/raw-confrontation-turns-violent-as-balloon-boy-neighbor-blasts-media/#

Hock

« Last Edit: October 19, 2009, 09:32:38 PM by Hock »

whitewolf

• Level 4
Re: Balloon Boy neighbor fights
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2009, 05:59:51 PM »

this is going world wide-what a world we live  in WW (ELB)  "speed of light"

Milldog1776

« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2009, 06:14:58 PM »

Looks like he was assaulted to me.

I'd call my attorney and it would then be MNN...Milldog News Network.

whitewolf

• Level 4
« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2009, 08:27:19 PM »

Yep- he was jumped from behind-WW (ELB) "Speeed of light"

Brian S

« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2009, 09:02:17 AM »

You watch heavily edited selections of footage.... including a guy getting out of his car and approaching a citizen in a threatening manner.... a citizen who is trying to back away..... and then condemn a guy who merely tries to restrain him?  And somehow "coming from behind" aggravates his perceived offence?

Whatever the why's and wherefore's on all the issues involved it is easy peasy for the person to claim he was trying to protect someone from assault.  In my country anyway.

Hock

• Administrator
  • Level 4
    • www.HocksCQC.com
« Reply #5 on: October 22, 2009, 09:32:34 AM »

It is...weird.
The back attacker (a bit teed-off) was attempting to stop an assault...when does the stopper get to let go?

The superior stopper controls the attacker in the full nelson and shouts to stop and control. But here he fails. They stumble to the ground. The Nelson-eer then...loses the hold. What does he do next? It escalates verbally. (Next stop? Fight.)

But a struggle ensues. It becomes nebulous. Loose. Murky. Weird.
just like....police work. The curse of it. The "whose-at-fault,"  who "started what,when" complaints. I'd like to say its another Saturday night on patrol, but it happens every night.

Brian S (a cop) is looking at this like I did. How many times have we jumped a guy who looked like they were about to attack someone? That is not an assault, per say. Then it becomes a struggle....and problematic.

Hock 

Joe Hubbard

• London, England
  • Level 4
  • Transforming the Esoteric with the Exoteric!
    • www.functionalfighting.com
« Reply #6 on: October 22, 2009, 09:39:46 AM »

No, only condemning him for that sorry lame excuse of a takedown, followed up with mindless retarded grappling.  Not even 30 seconds in, he starts saying, "Help me out guys."  The "Piste de la Resistance" was the headlock where there was no counter involved at all.  The mouthy guy hardly hit the guy and he was saying uncle.  

Now let's take this scenario and imagine how Arnold would have taken him down.  

The whole thing was really pathetic- do people really fight for these reasons anymore?  It baffles me.  It reminds me of a fight I saw in a MacDonalds in Birmingham once where a guy started windmilling with one arm from about 30 feet and ended up knocking the other guy to the ground.  

Joe
« Last Edit: October 22, 2009, 11:37:11 AM by Joe Hubbard »
"The music business is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs.  There's also a negative side"

Hunter S. Thompson

www.joehubbardstreetsurvival.com

Visit My Blog: http://joehubbard.wordpress.com

Hock

• Administrator
  • Level 4
    • www.HocksCQC.com
« Reply #7 on: October 22, 2009, 09:47:56 AM »

Note the headlock with the classic, useless punches to the top of the head.
But yes, that is how most fights are. Goofy as hell.

Hock

grlaun

• Rawhide
  • Level 4
  • Jeff 'Rawhide' Laun
« Reply #8 on: October 22, 2009, 01:27:18 PM »

Now let's take this scenario and imagine how Arnold would have taken him down.  

Joe

Holy sh*t, Joe!?!?  The law strictly forbids cruel & unusual punishment - mangulation is an Arnold specialty...
Cheat in Beginning - Cheat in the Middle - Cheat in the End
Official Evil Ninja - 2008
Texas Peace Officer 8/2009
"You're making the wrong assumption that a Marine by himself is outnumbered"
Gen Peter Pace, 28Jul06
"You tell that muthaf**ka, he owes me money!"

whitewolf

• Level 4
« Reply #9 on: October 22, 2009, 06:29:29 PM »

looks like he really was not hitting him too hard- also no previous experience in smacking the shit out of some one
WW (ELB)
"Speed of light"

hessian1

• Level 2
« Reply #10 on: October 22, 2009, 06:51:34 PM »

Ok guys,

The back story from a friend of mine who lives about a quarter mile from there is that the news media were running rampant and parking their vehicles blocking streets and on neighbor's property.  Several neighbors confronted them and they responded with first amendment arguments.  Neighbors called police to complain and some confronted the news people.

The press attempted to intimidate using their cameras which pushed this guy to order them off his property and when they apparently weren't going to take him seriously he decided to force them out of his way and off his property.

I don't know Colorado property law so I can't say if the have a variation of a "Castle Law" or not, but apparently that's the story. We'll have to see if the mainstream media runs with this story or if they bury it. If it gets buried the guy was probably in the right.

From a fighting stand point all efforts were pretty damn lame from the sorry attempt to control using a full nelson to the weak punches by the skinny guy not to mention the lack of back up by the rest of the media guys.

Keep safe and train hard/smart,  Mark H

Keep safe and train hard,  Mark H

Canuk

• Level 4
« Reply #11 on: October 22, 2009, 07:06:11 PM »

If there is an assualt here it was committed baldy, by his words deeds and actions he commited an assualt on the guy that was back tracking .Yellow shirt commited no assault. He used reasonable force to to prenet the commison/continuation of an offense. Not every fight needs to end in death. Not every person wants to learn to fight.  From my view yellow shift asked for assistance, in part because if didnt want to fook the guy up or get hurt himself in particular given the pressence of so many cameras.

Download