W. Hock Hochheim's

Combat Centric

Talk Forum for Military, Police, Martial Artists and Aware Citizenry

Hock Hochheim's Combat Talk Forum

• July 18, 2018, 04:24:28 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: video of actual knife disarm by police  (Read 4956 times)

triggerman-t

• Forum Member
Re: video of actual knife disarm by police
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2005, 03:00:54 PM »

Thats the best disarm technique I have seen.   Do you think the pinning against the meter was intentional or just a good chance?

Professor

• In your house drinking your coffee
  • Level 4
  • The Warlord
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2005, 06:01:37 PM »

http://mfile.akamai.com/10676/wmv/ondemandwm.chumtv.com/2005/mar5/mar0805-copdwight220.asx  ;)

NOW THAT's ENTERTAINMENT!!!         

By the way,  I don't know that he intentionally pinned him....I think the officer in the car was trying to block his access to the officer that he was approaching...

« Last Edit: March 23, 2005, 06:07:27 PM by Professor »
  'Advanced' is being able to do the basics, despite what else is happening. 

Our Country won't go on forever, if we stay soft as we are now. There won't be any AMERICA because some foreign soldiery will invade us and take our women and breed a hardier race!"  --- Chesty Puller, USMC

Hock

• Administrator
  • Level 4
    • www.HocksCQC.com
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2005, 06:35:57 PM »

By the way,  I don't know that he intentionally pinned him....I think the officer in the car was trying to block his access to the officer that he was approaching...

Well, that's his story and he's sticking to it!

Hock

Milldog1776

« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2005, 06:48:38 PM »

Just a thought.....

There are people out there that will say it was excessive. From my experience...these are the same people who were screaming for Terri Schiavo's feeding tube to be removed.

Strange how inefficiently the liberal mind works. ;D

Kentbob

• JOAT
  • Level 4
  • Sound the horn and call the cry
    • Antrim Self-Protection
« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2005, 07:44:55 AM »

Just a thought.....

There are people out there that will say it was excessive. From my experience...these are the same people who were screaming for Terri Schiavo's feeding tube to be removed.

Just remember, not all "liberals" are the same, and not all will say it was excessive.  Don't lump us all together, ok?
      Kent
"Specialization is for insects."-Robert A. Heinlein

http://antrimmasp.blogspot.com/

mleone

« Reply #6 on: March 24, 2005, 09:21:53 AM »

Milldog,
 liberality often comes with a complete lack of discipline. :)
i agree

Mr. Barnett

• Level 4
« Reply #7 on: March 24, 2005, 10:43:44 AM »

excessive?
In the states, with that many cops, hell,,,,
he's alive and didn't get shot by someone so scared shitless because he had a knife.  I mention that, because i've read about cops who pull thier guns at suicidal teens with a pocket knife, shoot them, when all that was necessary was a good ole ass whippin.
I didn't see any excessiveness at all.  Just someone smart enough to use the closest object near, (a car) and hit him with it.
G.

-The natural right of self-defense permits us to oppose an enemy with the same arms he uses, and to make his own rage and folly recoil upon himself-

Kentbob

• JOAT
  • Level 4
    • Antrim Self-Protection
« Reply #8 on: March 24, 2005, 12:57:27 PM »

Milldog,
i agree
   Ouch.  I don't know what to say to that.  You have seriously wounded me.  Again, do not judge the many based on the actions of a few.
     Kent

Milldog1776

« Reply #9 on: March 24, 2005, 02:13:31 PM »

Milldog,
i agree
Ouch. I don't know what to say to that. You have seriously wounded me. Again, do not judge the many based on the actions of a few.
 Kent

No disrespect ment Kentbob...but I am actually basing my views on the actions of the many. I'm sure there are decent liberals out there...usually referred to as Moderates. But the majority of liberal think is too emotional and lacks logic in most cases. Sorry again if my view offends you, but it's been my experience that it is correct...so I won't retract.

Kentbob

• JOAT
  • Level 4
    • Antrim Self-Protection
« Reply #10 on: March 25, 2005, 06:43:19 AM »

Milldog, I am not offended.  However, I feel another deep discussion brewing.  Lets take this to the General Discussion category.  Meet me there, at high noon.

Kent

mleone

« Reply #11 on: March 25, 2005, 07:58:54 AM »

I dont mean to offend kent bob either. I dont have any disrespect towards you and Im sorry.

I just feel too much liberality leads to a complete lack of discipline if thats said any better.

Its not a political statement. Its a statement of the over kill mindset of Liberal thinking in our training.
Not meant to be PC or political.

So this is more of what I meant.

:)

Dick Grogan

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on: April 01, 2005, 05:16:43 PM »

Just a thought.....

Just remember, not all "liberals" are the same, and not all will say it was excessive.  Don't lump us all together, ok?
      Kent

Yeah, I consider myself pretty liberal but wouldn't think any of that, or more, was excessive.

But, talking of inefficiency, from my experience those people who were screaming at the death of a vegetable are the same ones unaware of yet another 3 US soldiers, with potentially all of their lives ahead of them, were killed in Iraq on that same day.

Hock

• Administrator
  • Level 4
    • www.HocksCQC.com
« Reply #13 on: April 01, 2005, 05:28:56 PM »

those people who were screaming at the death of a vegetable are the same ones unaware of yet another 3 US soldiers, with potentially all of their lives ahead of them, were killed in Iraq on that same day.

and to make matters even more ironically worse...
Think of the women and children that would have been raped that same day by Saddam's sons and troops if those guys didn't go over there and stop them. No slow starvation there, (although I think there was some of that too) maybe just rape, rape of their children and a little dismemberment.

Going on for years...years! Nobody screamed about that all those years, either.

Hock

Planetkillr

• Statesboro,Ga.
  • Level 1
  • Tim Platt
    • Statesboro Karate: Statesboro,Ga.
« Reply #14 on: April 26, 2005, 02:09:29 PM »

Ah...This discussion hits me right in the middle of my soul.

Hock, you and several others have hit the nail on the head, but it does'nt stop there. I have been in countless physical altercations as a police officer. No, I've never had to use my gun, but it could happen tonight. The arguement that you can guess what people will complain about when it comes to any police action is to truely underestimate the "Complaint Factor" of a major part of our society. I have, as someone already posted, just given some people as good ol' ass whoopin when I could have used deadly force. Did anyone notice that I did this? Nope!! All I heard was "Fire him", "That's wrong", ect, ect, ect.. People who are not police officers think they know what the job is all about because they know this cop, or chief so-n-so, or sheriff high-n-mighty. But, at the end of the day, these people simply have no idea of what they are talking about. I could go on and on with this topic, but it won't really change anything. The officer in that tape did what he thought was best at the time it occurred. Will he lose his job? Heck, that depends on the mood of his superiors at the time any complaints are brought forth. What type supervisors does that officer in the video clip have? Have they been in the thick of things many times? Have they spend most of their careers picking out knee pads at the local sporting goods store because they are going to see the chief/captian/Sheriff/ect. the next day? I hope that the officer does'nt get in any trouble for his actions, but doing right does'nt mean you won't get screwed in the end. The world is a cruel and uncaring place...Welcome to planet earth!
"War is'nt about who's right, it's about who's left."

arnold

• the king of cool
  • Level 4
  • oh that will get you killed
« Reply #15 on: May 03, 2005, 01:53:16 PM »

I always said my weapon of choice was a 72 Buick Electra. Now if the officer behind the wheel would have just turned to the right and backed up, oh well, great stuff anyway. And as for police brutality, this idiot came to a demolition derby with a knife.
I leave you idiots alone for 5 minutes and I come back and you're all dancing around like a bunch of Kansas City faggots
you're all a bunch of slack jawed faggots around here, this stuff will make you a sexual tyrannosaurus, just like me!

Download