General Category > Unsecret Lives of Walter Mitty

James M. Webb & Special Forces Combatives

(1/15) > >>

Bryan:
http://www.closecombatinstructors.com/james-webb.htm

I recently got some bad news about James Webb and I would like to see it all get cleared up. For me this dates back many years, I even met one of the teams in Hawaii that was going to Vietnam to help recover bodies and I know he was involved in that.

A few years ago his name started getting thrown around the Internet all over the place involving Special Forces and Combatives. The main person was Tank Todd out of NZ and then Blaise Loong in California. Then all kinds of websites and people not involved in American Combatives seemed to show up with documents from James Webb and his name was mentioned on many websites with all kinds of titles and things that seemed questionable.

The information is he was never Special Forces and never a Ranger, he was assigned to a unit but there are many questions about that. In the latest episode or should I say webisode he has been accused of ripping off POW families and that is a 0 tolerance issue with me or anyone I call friend.

Click The Link For Full Article
http://powwarrior.wordpress.com/2007/12/09/powmia-insider-another-attempt-to-fleece-the-issue/

I really have to wonder, is the Webb family just out to get us?  Althought it has been made clear that the infamous Johnie Webb at JPAC and James M. Webb, a retired investigative team leader who worked on the ground in SEA in both Detachment 1 and 2 from 1989 to 2003, are not related, they both obviously have the same goal – to make a living off of us for as long as they can.

Johnie has a record that those who know the Issue do not need to hear again, and still today he continues to quietly mislead family members and make excuses for investigative shortcomings.  Yet now, we have a new nemesis in James M. Webb.  It would appear that now he has retired from active military service and did a stint in the Middle East, this adrenaline junkie wants to cash in on the POW/MIA Issue, that means cash in on us.   He along with a few others have marketed the following website, http://www.powmiainsider.com/ as “the untold story”.   They have an e-book available, The POW/MIA History 101, which, interestingly enough you can download but not print for easier reading, an instant red flag.  The information in the e-book is nothing new to any of us and unless you are looking for a refresher course, it is old news.  They are also selling, for the low, low price of $29.95 plus shipping and handling, a 3 DVD interview with James M. Webb himself which advertises as “The Untold Story”.   The DVD also eludes to a book that will soon be published, “Last Known Alive”, as well as the JTF-FA Team Commander’s Handbook.

Click The Link For Full Article
http://powwarrior.wordpress.com/2008/06/26/another-con-man-fleecing-the-powmia-issue/

In a previous post I shared my personal views on former JPAC field investigator James M. Webb and his recent attempt to fleece the POW/MIA Issue with claims of “inside information”.  After viewing his first of many money making products, I suspected that Webb was trying to make a quick buck by marketing his insider idea to families and activists.

Little did I know that his plans were on an even grander scale.  I have been made aware of some of the activities of James M. Webb and let me make this clear, he is in the same category as Mike Hearns and Richard/Hadel who was recently exposed by POW/MIA Families.  Webb seems to be escalating his level of fraud on family members.  First, we have the DVD “The Untold Story” which really tells us nothing that we don’t already know.  It was so poorly made and the lack of preparation is more than evident as the DVD goes on.

Now, it appears, that Webb has moved on to more covert operations and is targeting individual families or groups of families with claims of assistance, knowledge of live men and contacts in SEA that can “help” bring out a live man.

Bryan:
  Ad from Budo Video

http://www.budovideos.com/shop/customer/product.php?productid=23039
Knife Fighting Expert James Webb is a legend in the world of hand-to-hand combat. With over 20 years of military service Webb’s combat resume and battle experience puts him in a class of the elite solider. His, US Army experience includes Special Forces Green Beret Team Leader, Rangers, Airborne, Air-Assault, SERE Survival-Evasion-Resistance-Escape Instructor, Close Combat Instructor to Thailand and Korean Airborne, Liberian Presidential Bodyguard, extensive tours of Vietnam, two tours Iraq, Bronze Star for Valor, and Chief Instructor of his own personal close quarters combat academy based in Thailand. Master James Webb is the real deal and real modern day Samurai. With the release of his new high quality Street Blood, Knife Fighting Self-Defense System men and women can now learn how to use a knife to defend themselves in life or death encounters. All fighting techniques taught by Master Webb have been proven on the worlds bloodiest battlefields so you know they are real and work. Guns are illegal to carry but knifes are not if they do not exceed certain sizes depending on the local laws where you live. They are small, easy to conceal and may be your only escape from severe harm or death if ever confronted with a deranged assailant.

Copy of Email sent to James Joyce that was never responded too in 2003.

http://www.professionalsoldiers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=19672&page=2

> > -----Original Message-----
> > From: Cxxxxxxxxx LTC
> > Sent: Thursday, January 23, 2003 11:10 AM
> > To: 'jjoyce@specialforcescombatives.com'
> > Ccxxxxxxxx CW3; Pxxxxxxxxx MSG
> > Subject:I'm interested in SF Combatives
> >
> > Mr Joyce
> >
> > I am sending you this e-mail in my private capacity as a member of the Special Forces Association (D-5922, Chapter 7). A lot of interest (to say the least) has been generated here at SWC by the SF Combatives website. It appears that some of Mr Webb's bio is suspicious---several issues come to mind:
> >
> > 1. No record of his attendance at SFQC during the 81-83 time frame.
> > 2. The only James M. Webb that graduated the Ranger course was a ROTC Cadet from Brigham Young Univ. Class 1-77 (James Matthew Webb).
Possibly your associate used a different middle initial.
> > 3. The obvious questions as to why a MI Warrant would attend HALO, SCUBA, SERE or INTAC.
> > 4. No record of him having served with any SMU (service in these units might explain HALO, SCUBA, SERE, INTAC).
> > 5. His status as an "inductee" to the World Martial Arts Hall of Fame. His is not listed on the existing Web Site (nor among the 2001 inductees).
> > This may be merely an administrative error (not sure who got
inducted in 2002). I have an e-mail out to the Hall of Fame to confirm his status. .(His confirmation was later DENIED)
> >
> > To avoid people questioning your SF credentials it might help if you provided your Ranger Class number and SFQC attendance dates (believe the web site said you were an 18E). I'll confirm your attendance an dispell any allegations to the contrary here at Bragg.

If we cannot substantiate any of Mr Webb's qualifications I plan on contacting Jimmy Dean (National President of the SF Association) and providing our concerns to him.

> > This is cut/paste from the SF Wall of Shame Wannabe's Web Site:
> >
> > JAMES WEBB: Graduated from high school in 1971, but claims to have been with SOG. That would mean that he would have had to complete BCT, AIT, BAC, and SFTG in a little over a year in order to make it to SEA in order to be assigned to SOG. Highly improbable, not to mention, NO record of any SF assignments were located.
> >
> > Xxxxxx CXXXXXXX
> > LTC, SF
> > Deputy Director Xxxxxxxxxxxx
> > (910) 4xx-xxxxxxxx
> > email: xCxxxxxxx@soc.mil
> >

> 1. This guy is unbelievable. Bottom line. he never attended SFQC, MFF or any other course that I can verify here at SWC. I called the Ranger department on 21 January 03. I am willing to bet that he did not go I cut/pasted this from my 21 Jan e-mail "I contacted the Ranger Department (SFC Sitzler) this morning. Only one James M. Webb has graduated from the
> Ranger Course(a Cadet from Brigham Young--Class 1-77). Other James Webbs may have gone, but only one James M. If we can get his SSN or a firm class date I can check again."
>
> 2. I checked with the MI school and several CI agents I know. None of them know him (I bet he was an all-source Intell Warrant).
>
> 3. His web site claimed that he was a member of the world martial arts hall of fame. That is B.S. We checked the web site. He claimed to have invented the Korean Special Forces Martial Art--what the hell would the Koreans need a gringo to teach them to be Karate-men. He claimed to have been.
>
> 4. No one from 1 SFG can remember him (pretty remarkable for the head Martial Artist in Group). He claimed to have served in Thailand with SF. I checked with several 43rd Co Alumni. No one ever heard of him. One guy (Steve Shoup) brought in his yearbook from the year that Webb claimed to have been in Thailand. He is so secret that we could not find him.
>
> 5. He claims Bronze Stars and tells Vietnam stories don't seem
possible. It may have happened, but I am willing to bet it did not.
>
> 6. He shut his web site down after Phil Provencher, Jeff Dahlby and I began to question his credentials. Tell him to provide dates/class numbers and I will track it down. If he is real I will inform Jimmy Dean at the SF Association, but I bet he does not provide anything concrete. He may be a gifted Karate-man, but I am willing to bet he was never in SF other than working in the Grp/Bn "2" shop.
>
> 7. I have a whole folder (58 e-mails) titled "Wall of Shame" with his stuff in it.

Bryan:

--- Quote from: Hock on December 03, 2009, 07:46:22 PM ---Webb has been around since the 1980s. Perhaps so long (like Spour) that people don't even think to question his background?

I am interested in seeing what proof might come up through POWNetwork? The Beret community is a relatively small one....

Hock

--- End quote ---

Here's a update, He is now listed on POW Network for ripping off the families of POWs. As far as I know every SF guy that has been contacted has stated they never heard of him. There are no records of him ever being Special Forces other than being attached for a short time in 80s. That's where the trophy picture came from that has been used to promote and sell Webb as Special Forces.

http://www.pownetwork.org/phonies/list_of_names.htm

Canuk:

--- Quote from: Bryan on December 04, 2009, 09:35:23 AM ---
--- Quote from: Hock on December 03, 2009, 07:46:22 PM ---Webb has been around since the 1980s. Perhaps so long (like Spour) that people don't even think to question his background?

I am interested in seeing what proof might come up through POWNetwork? The Beret community is a relatively small one....

Hock

--- End quote ---

Here's a update, He is now listed on POW Network for ripping off the families of POWs. As far as I know every SF guy that has been contacted has stated they never heard of him. There are no records of him ever being Special Forces other than being attached for a short time in 80s. That's where the trophy picture came from that has been used to promote and sell Webb as Special Forces.

http://www.pownetwork.org/phonies/list_of_names.htm

--- End quote ---

Isnt this the guy that gave Todd his special forces combat instrucotr status? could be bad busniess if this is the case

Hock:
Further self-written bio on Jim Webb from his main orgainzation, the International CQB this or that thingy...

<<<<>>>>

US Elite Forces Master Chief. Over twenty years service with the U.S. Army. His qualifications include Special Forces, Rangers, Airborne, Air-Assault, SERE Instructor (Survival, Evasion, Resistance, Escape), close combat instructor to Thailand and Korean Airborne, Korean Rangers, intelligence agent and interrogator. Chief Webb trained the Liberian Presidential bodyguard unit and worked security for the 1988 Seoul Olympics.

He is a Vietnam veteran and was awarded the Bronze Star for Valor. Chief Webb is currently working the Missing In Action / Prisoner Of War program in Vietnam. He was an instructor and advisor to the Korean Special Forces, assisting them in developing the White Tiger fighting system used by the Korean Special Forces

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Is there a list of Bronze Star of valor names accessable?

Hock

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version