Combat Centric

Talk Forum for Military, Police, Martial Artists and Aware Citizenry

Hock Hochheim's Combat Talk Forum

• April 25, 2018, 06:13:46 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Vunak. Gracie Bodyguard?  (Read 14784 times)

Bryan

Re: Vunak. Gracie Bodyguard?
« Reply #30 on: December 08, 2009, 01:14:40 AM »

Bryan-if u r bragging- don.t-=it dont suit anyone-if u r a tough guy then just do it-dont talk about it.WW (ELB) "speed of light"

I was joking, I can handle myself quite well, no need to brag. In fact I try to be quiet but you cant make it in this industry anymore by being silent. Just have a look around at all the losers on the net with huge followings who have never even kicked ass anywhere in uniform, out of uniform, In a ring, or Naked.

whitewolf

• Level 4
« Reply #31 on: December 08, 2009, 01:28:16 AM »

like that part about being naked- ;D ww

Milldog1776

« Reply #32 on: December 08, 2009, 04:20:58 AM »

If my students are fighting naked...they are into something that I'm afraid our system can't help them with.

arnold

• the king of cool
  • Level 4
  • oh that will get you killed
« Reply #33 on: December 08, 2009, 05:16:46 AM »

Talk to them and defeat the toughest one?!?! You gotta be shitting me! That sounds like the current administrations idea of dealing with terrorists. If you tried talking to a bunch of lowlife shitheads, you would be dead.
I have trained over the years with individuals who were into BJJ, and was never really impressed. If you want to go to the ground in a street situation and have another lowlife kick your face in, well then it is an excellent system as it sets up this situation every time.
More to come!
I leave you idiots alone for 5 minutes and I come back and you're all dancing around like a bunch of Kansas City faggots
you're all a bunch of slack jawed faggots around here, this stuff will make you a sexual tyrannosaurus, just like me!

noload

• Level 4
« Reply #34 on: December 08, 2009, 10:24:54 PM »

Talk to them and defeat the toughest one?!?! You gotta be shitting me! That sounds like the current administrations idea of dealing with terrorists. If you tried talking to a bunch of lowlife shitheads, you would be dead.

It's obvious the Gracies hang out with a more mannered strata of lowlife than most. Then again it could be that they are master marketers and are just better at talking their way out of trouble.

noload

• Level 4
« Reply #35 on: December 08, 2009, 11:01:19 PM »

On the subject of why old-timers are still around?

Read 9 December entry
http://www.hockscqc.com/blogs/12-09/index.htm

Hock

Just read it and pretty spot on. I also just realized how long I've been either doing MA or at least watching the MA scene. Remember this guy and his shows? Pretty tame by today's standards.
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/vault/article/magazine/MAG1088470/index.htm

A few things I've learned about pioneers, a lot of them weren't the best at what they did, but they did get somewhere first often driven by hunger for something. And I figure that counts for something.
Usually the next wave are the guys who are better at what they do, followed by growth  until a saturation point is reached and a field gets flooded with pikers. (MA, programming, a style of music, etc, it just happens). I think the hard part today is to be a pioneer long enough to make a name before the hoards of YouTube masters overwhelm you.

Professor

• In your house drinking your coffee
  • Level 4
  • The Warlord
« Reply #36 on: December 10, 2009, 06:55:02 PM »

The other interesting thing is..can we immediately believe any and everything out of the Vunak's camp's mouth?

After all, weren't he and Cruise the "exclusive" hand to hand Navy SEAL combat instructor's? Along with numerous other "stories."

I would suggest that every word spoken by Vunak and Cruise not just be double-checked, but triple-checked, a dubious rating they have earned since the 1980s.

Just a word to the wise from an 80s PFS guy. It might be true? But still...check.

Hock

Hock knows the stories well.   
  'Advanced' is being able to do the basics, despite what else is happening. 

Our Country won't go on forever, if we stay soft as we are now. There won't be any AMERICA because some foreign soldiery will invade us and take our women and breed a hardier race!"  --- Chesty Puller, USMC
Pages: 1 [2]

Download