Combat Centric

Talk Forum for Military, Police, Martial Artists and Aware Citizenry

Hock Hochheim's Combat Talk Forum

• January 17, 2018, 10:11:41 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: last time you were in a fight  (Read 11653 times)

Bryan

Re: last time you were in a fight
« Reply #30 on: January 02, 2010, 10:42:20 PM »

When in the USMC in the UK a Chief Petty Officer/Master at arms deecided he was going to run through the USMC security station and not check out.
He runs through,he is told to stop,doors are locked by remote but he catches a person entering as he runs out.
I am at the post to give chase and do.
I catch him just outside the building and grab him ,telling him he must come back inside.
He laughs and pulls a bottle out of a bag and  and says I will have to take him in.
He raises it up to swing so I jut in ,wrap his arm,palm heel him in the face and drop him to the side walk.
He is picked up and brought back in the building and charged.

Next time he is seen his pretty Gold Stripes were Red and one less.

In this situation you were doing your job.

Bryan

« Reply #31 on: January 02, 2010, 10:46:37 PM »

One time while bouncing at a club in Queens,there was a "Blonde" type band and singer They had a song in the act in which they smashed a Maniquin with a baseball bat.

I get a guy and a girl who come to see the band,the guy has a Baseball bat that he wants signed by the female lead singer.
I said ,sorry you cannot bring the bat in the club.
He says that he will bring the bat in the club to get it signed.
I said I will bring the bat back to the band and ask them to sign it.
He said he wants to see it get signed and get pictures with the band.
I said No,this cannot be done,sorry.

He says he WILL bring the bat in and NO One will stop him.
He takes a step back,gets into a batters stance and tells me I have to take the Bat.
So I start to talk to him as I step closer,I close the gap on him and then jut into him at angle towards his up raised arms,as he attempts to swing the bat I am now inside the arch of the bat ,I grab his hands,and turn my body bringing him and the bat around in front of me to the ground.
I roll him to his stomach,take the bat and break it and then ask him if he would still like to pay for he and his girl to go in and watch the band.
He was upset and he and his girl left.

Again, you were doing your job in this situation. This is totally different than you rolling up on a hostile environment and jumping right into the middle of it.

JimH

• Level 4
« Reply #32 on: January 03, 2010, 12:21:49 AM »

Sorry the original topic was:

Quote Canuk:
"lots of talk on here about what works and what doesn't work, as you all know training is just training (theory if you will ) until you have to use it. So when was the last time you were in a fight, how long ago? under what circumstances? arrest, bar fight etc. What worked what didn't?"

Some how I missed the part that says it must be related to work and not a situation you rolled up on and just jumped into to help a person being beaten by three men with bats.

I have posted FIGHTS and situations I was in ,how I responded and how they were resolved.
Most were resolved by simple empty hand.
Some /Most resolved by a simple outward block which becomes a wrap,with a simultaneous edge of hand to the neck that becomes a slide to a trachea grab or palm heel to the face which I was doing in 1970 before Blauer invented the SPEAR in 1993 or so,but the SPEAR is more well known than an old block and strike.
The snowball incident was resolved by use of improvised weapons,materials found on the street.
Resolution can be through walking away,dialogue,empty hands,weapons and or improvised weapons.

My post  are Answers as per the original topic which show actual responses that worked,for me.
(Not theoretical BS)

I have MANY more fights/situations but for now those posted will do.

I need no approval for my ACTIONS,or to be told How Safe or Unsafe my Actions are,or if they meet some expected protocol.
I operate under MY RULES.

Bryan

« Reply #33 on: January 03, 2010, 01:30:04 AM »

Sorry the original topic was:

Quote Canuk:
"lots of talk on here about what works and what doesn't work, as you all know training is just training (theory if you will ) until you have to use it. So when was the last time you were in a fight, how long ago? under what circumstances? arrest, bar fight etc. What worked what didn't?"

Some how I missed the part that says it must be related to work and not a situation you rolled up on and just jumped into to help a person being beaten by three men with bats.

I have posted FIGHTS and situations I was in ,how I responded and how they were resolved.
Most were resolved by simple empty hand.
Some /Most resolved by a simple outward block which becomes a wrap,with a simultaneous edge of hand to the neck that becomes a slide to a trachea grab or palm heel to the face which I was doing in 1970 before Blauer invented the SPEAR in 1993 or so,but the SPEAR is more well known than an old block and strike.
The snowball incident was resolved by use of improvised weapons,materials found on the street.
Resolution can be through walking away,dialogue,empty hands,weapons and or improvised weapons.

My post  are Answers as per the original topic which show actual responses that worked,for me.
(Not theoretical BS)

I have MANY more fights/situations but for now those posted will do.

I need no approval for my ACTIONS,or to be told How Safe or Unsafe my Actions are,or if they meet some expected protocol.
I operate under MY RULES.

There is doing the right thing and then there is being a dumb ass and setting yourself up for a serious legal drama for no reason other than your own ego.

JimH

• Level 4
« Reply #34 on: January 03, 2010, 10:07:32 AM »

Legal aspect ?
Ever heard of the "Good Samaritan Laws"

Short Definition of the Good Samaritan law:
"Good Samaritan laws are laws or acts protecting from liability those who choose to aid others who are injured or ill. They are intended to reduce bystanders' hesitation to assist, for fear of being sued or prosecuted for unintentional injury or wrongful death."

Fear of legal repercussions covered.

Ego ?
Ego in aiding people who are in need of help ?
Ego in stopping Jack Offs from MAYBE killing another person ,and doing so by use of Overwhelming odds?

Ego is a belief in self importance
Helping some one in need is NOT Ego
It is compassion,meaning it is OTHERS first.

Stopping an assault on another is the act of a Dumbass ??

You either USE your training to Help those in NEED BY YOUR ACTIONS
or
YOU Train and pass by those in need and save your Training/Theory for use only when YOU are ATTACKED,which many hope will NEVER Happen.

Again the Original questions:
Quote Canuk:

Hock

• Administrator
  • Level 4
    • www.HocksCQC.com
« Reply #35 on: January 03, 2010, 10:37:18 AM »

"...or palm heel to the face which I was doing in 1970 before Blauer invented the SPEAR in 1993 or so,but the SPEAR is more well known than an old block and strike..."

Yesss.... ageless...Before Tony Blather..I mean Blaur tried to PATENT the spear....

Hock

Bryan

« Reply #36 on: January 03, 2010, 11:31:44 AM »

French tourists attacked for parking in 'wrong place'

PHUKET: Chalong Police are on the hunt for a man presumed to be a ‘tuk-tuk / taxi driver’ who allegedly set upon a French family with a beach umbrella in the Kata area of Phuket on Saturday evening.
The family, an elderly couple on holiday with their 44-year old son, his wife and their three children, aged 14 months, seven and nine, claim they were attacked when they parked their rented car along the Kata Beach road.

The family claims they were confronted by a man outside the Karon Municipality offices, at the southern end of Kata Beach. He was aggressive and told them to move the vehicle, the family said. After checking the area for no-parking signs, and seeing none, the family refused to move their car and began unloading their beach items.

Moments later, the man returned and assaulted them with the shaft of a beach umbrella, breaking the 44-year-old man’s arm. The 68-year-old father also sustained numerous bruises in the attack.

Many people saw the incident, which occurred at about 5pm, but no-one went to the family’s aid, the victims claimed.

The family escaped in their car, stopping at the Kata Palm Resort to recover from their ordeal. Staff at the resort alerted paramedics.

The family reported the attack to police on Sunday. Today, Chalong police invited the victims to study police file photos of known criminals in the area of the attack.
The victims have apparently identified their attacker and police are believed to be tracking him down. Phuket's public transport shortcomings have been been the subject of bitter complaints from local residents and foreign tourists for at least a decade.

OK, The above story just happened in Phuket, what is the correct response? By the way the arm break was quite severe and required a large pin. I understand the beat down was pretty horrible right in front of these people kids.

JimH

• Level 4
« Reply #37 on: January 03, 2010, 06:05:52 PM »

I do not really see why that post was put here as it is not in response to Canuk's question and has NOTHING to do with the topic.

Quote Canuk:

Should have started another thread called 'What would you do" ?
Or
"What do you think is the correct response"?

Correct response ?
If we were the tourists
Or
If we were on lookers ?

Well in the land of Muay Thai , stick and knife fighters one would have expected some one,or several in the crowd with some guts ,and training,would have stepped forward and stopped the assault.

Then again the locals probably know the cab driver and just let him do his thing.
After all,who wants tourists taking the good parking spots ?

whitewolf

• Level 4
« Reply #38 on: January 03, 2010, 08:54:31 PM »

I dont know it seems like that is in the ball park concerning fighting-
as far as the locals jumping in-never happen -i have seen a million problems in the near east also-everyone backs off or just watchs-like its a movie-part of the culture i think.
especially if westerners are envolved.

or- like in kuwaite-i have seen a problem arise and they will come in packs against 1 -if they dont know him-its hospital time for him (the victim).

WW (ELB) "speed of light"

Bryan

« Reply #39 on: January 04, 2010, 01:23:02 AM »

I dont know it seems like that is in the ball park concerning fighting-
as far as the locals jumping in-never happen -i have seen a million problems in the near east also-everyone backs off or just watchs-like its a movie-part of the culture i think.
especially if westerners are envolved.

or- like in kuwaite-i have seen a problem arise and they will come in packs against 1 -if they dont know him-its hospital time for him (the victim).

WW (ELB) "speed of light"

Exactly, If some other tourist jumped in this more Thai would jump in too, you can bet that every time. The biggest problem was with the tourist themselves believing that their since of right and wrong somehow applied in Thailand. Bottom line they were out of their environment, to cheep to pay for professional services, and they paid the price.

arnold

• the king of cool
  • Level 4
  • oh that will get you killed
« Reply #40 on: January 04, 2010, 05:21:08 AM »

HAd an incident in Amsterdam a few years (20) ago. I was with my older brother and some of his them nit wit friends, visiting someone they knew. We were staying for one day and then going to Austria, where they would go skiing, and I would go drinking at the local establishments. As we were walking along heading to the heineken brewery, a young man approached us numerous times to see if we wanted to "buy" what he had, which turned out to be heroin. I told him we were not interested and we moved on. About 15 minutes later he again approaches us, which I again tell him we are not interested and to go away. He continues to pester us as we walk along one the main canals. Since he spoke perfect english I now told him in no uncertain terms to leave us alone. He just didn't seem to get the message, so this time when he approached I kicked him dead square in the chest and he landed in the canal! Needless to say, we made our way in a roundabout way back to the hotel.
As we are now sitting in the lobby, the older women who ran the establishment brought us tea and some kind of cookie. Wondering why she had done this as she hadn't given us the time of day earlier, a young man came out of the kitchen and told us that she had heard about what we had done. She was very pleased that "someone" had dealt with the drug dealers in the area.
The following morning as we were packing up to go to Austria, the "dealer" was sitting across the street, which seemed strange as it was 8 am. He approached us and as I wasn't worried about a gun in Amsterdam, I grabbed a ski pole and told him that I was going to shove it thru his skull if he came any closer. He stopped dead in his tracks and said that he was sorry for yesterday's misunderstanding and turned and walked away!
But between the dog shit everywhere and the drug dealers, I probably will never go back to Amsterdam.
I leave you idiots alone for 5 minutes and I come back and you're all dancing around like a bunch of Kansas City faggots
you're all a bunch of slack jawed faggots around here, this stuff will make you a sexual tyrannosaurus, just like me!

Mr. Barnett

• Level 4
« Reply #41 on: January 04, 2010, 11:35:24 AM »

It's hard to say from the armchair, but i'll  wager that whatever the French guys said to the "attacker" probably wasn't very nice, and he may have just deserved to get his arm broke.  Being totally honest, alot of French folks are just downright forking rude and inconsiderate weather they are in their own country, or on vacation.

G.
-The natural right of self-defense permits us to oppose an enemy with the same arms he uses, and to make his own rage and folly recoil upon himself-

whitewolf

• Level 4
« Reply #42 on: January 04, 2010, 06:58:18 PM »

couple thoughts-
1- Amstrdam sucks
2-The French are a royal pain in the ass(except for the hookers-loved them) ;D
3-the american tourist and expat leaves a lot to be desired- I had to intervene many times in kuwait-they think everything is theirs-
and thats my story and i am sticking to it-WW

Canuk

• Level 4
« Reply #43 on: January 04, 2010, 07:18:37 PM »

Personally I ve little time for French, I live in canada and dont speak the lingo, that said I have my kids in teh french school system, better eductaion and they speak read and write it like a native, future job ops!

Mr. Barnett

• Level 4
« Reply #44 on: January 05, 2010, 07:33:20 AM »

True, true, and true again.  for sure the loudest people in every restaurant over on this side of the pond are americans.  There's a lot to be desired for sure, but i've met some frenchies when i was living in austin, in my apartment building, and they were seriously a cocky bunch of boneheads with no regard at all for others.  oh well, it's like that.  it is fun to watch though, I squawk abit about it, but it's like theatre, sometimes a comedie, sometimes a tragedy.  I do like that the French stick together though, just because they are French. 

G.
-The natural right of self-defense permits us to oppose an enemy with the same arms he uses, and to make his own rage and folly recoil upon himself-

Brian S

« Reply #45 on: January 08, 2010, 04:17:30 PM »

I seem to remember that the French were villified here when they did not join in the Iraq War.  Apparently they were cowardly, and came up with the ridiculous idea that there were no weapons of mass destruction there.

Looks like they have much more about them than some here think?

Hock

• Administrator
  • Level 4
    • www.HocksCQC.com
« Reply #46 on: January 08, 2010, 07:04:39 PM »

Yes. That pompous ass French then President/premeire/whatever Jock Churock (?) was meeting with Saddamn and they were buying Iraqi oil in violation of then UN sanctions. They should know the inner workings. But they had such a sweet, secret deal, as the did the Ruskies, who also did not support any action.

Makes me think about that great, scorching speech Al Gore made condeming both Bushes for ignoring the dangerous and great evil Saddam, his weapons and Iraq. Like his little global warming film, Mr Frankenstein proceeded to spit fire for 45 minutes about the need to wrap up Saddamn and his weapons, and how the Republicans were ignoring him and ALL the many warning signs.

Mr Gore forgets, as with the Bush 1 and Bush 2, and the environemt, this putz was Vice-the-Fuck President for eight years in between Bush 1 and Bush 2. Did he do anything about it? No.

Once in a while CSPAN plays this angry Iraq speech. its worth watching if you can stomach the sight of this lisping, cartoon character.

Hock

rutleddc

• Level 3
« Reply #47 on: January 09, 2010, 01:54:54 PM »

That reminded my of a German graduate student when I studied engineering in the 1900s. He was very vocal about ugly Americans and how they were so ignorant of the rest of the world. He, having got his undergraduate degree in Germany knew how the world really worked - he got a real education.

One of his rants was that East and West Germany would never unite, it was just an ignorant American fantasy - more proof of how stupid Americans are. I wish he was still here when Germany united!

Having lived overseas a lot I have observed that while there are ugly American there are also ugly Europeans, ugly Japanese, ugly Arabs, etc. that are too full of themselves. It is not a uniquely American phenomena.
"Ruttles"
David Rutledge

whitewolf

• Level 4
« Reply #48 on: January 09, 2010, 04:51:16 PM »

Rut-agree 100 % WW
Pages: 1 [2]

Download