W. Hock Hochheim's

Combat Centric

Talk Forum for Military, Police, Martial Artists and Aware Citizenry

Hock Hochheim's Combat Talk Forum

• January 20, 2018, 08:31:09 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Another tradegy  (Read 2722 times)

Crafty

• Level 2
Another tradegy
« on: January 19, 2010, 04:16:27 PM »

How important is self defence training to me its a must i just wish knife killiings would stop with a wave of a magic but the reality is http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1244354/Teenagers-body-footpath-canal.html?ITO=1708&referrer=yahoo

whitewolf

• Level 4
Re: Another tradegy
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2010, 06:45:04 PM »

terrible- i send my condolences to the family- Richard (WW)

redcap

• "I've done dead, didn't like it" 22 June 2009
  • Level 4
    • Streetwise Philippines
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2010, 07:32:11 PM »

The comment made about when they catch killer it will turn out to be a known offender etc is very true. Police usually close murders within 48 hours or not at all from what I have read. Note 'usually'. I wonder why she was walking that way when there appeared to be much more direct routes from work to home? Also the distances quote are confusing. One said the crime scene was "less than half a mile from her work" and yet "one and a half miles from her home". Doesn't gel with the markings on the map but the house location might be for illustrative purposes only. Still, that is a 2 mile walk, say half an hour to an hour given the route she took would make it longer. No buses? In the UK in January walking home in the dark? Of course second guessing from a newspaper article isn't very exact but I would think she knew her attacker, possibly a boyfriend not of her parent's ethnicity and therefore maybe not approved of? It is not beyond the bounds of reality it was a family member doing an 'honour killing' as Pakistani's have been known to do in the UK.

Bottom line, what a tragic waste.
Redcap
“No man knows the hour of his ending, nor can he choose the place or the manner of his going. To each it is given to die proudly, to die well, and this is, indeed, the final measure of the man.” Louis L’Amour

whitewolf

• Level 4
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2010, 08:13:35 PM »

Redcap-what you said makes sense-she could have known the attacker and they were together-hope they find the killer and make a example of him.
WW

TLE

• Level 3
« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2010, 06:18:25 AM »

What a senseless trajedy. Here is a link to a recent knife killing in Chicago. It seems that attacks with knifes are becoming more common, if the news is an indication. Are there any recent stats on knife attacks in the US? Note in the article it was a 2.5 inch blade that was enough to puncture a lung and sever an aorta.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/local/chicago/ct-met-0120-truck-driver-murder-20100119,0,5123198.story

Joe Hubbard

• London, England
  • Level 4
  • Transforming the Esoteric with the Exoteric!
    • www.functionalfighting.com
« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2010, 07:03:58 AM »

Could have been an honour killing.
"The music business is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs.  There's also a negative side"

Hunter S. Thompson

www.joehubbardstreetsurvival.com

Visit My Blog: http://joehubbard.wordpress.com

redcap

• Level 4
    • Streetwise Philippines
« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2010, 03:45:51 PM »

What a senseless trajedy. Here is a link to a recent knife killing in Chicago. It seems that attacks with knifes are becoming more common, if the news is an indication. Are there any recent stats on knife attacks in the US? Note in the article it was a 2.5 inch blade that was enough to puncture a lung and sever an aorta.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/local/chicago/ct-met-0120-truck-driver-murder-20100119,0,5123198.story

Senseless, tragic, but not quite the same as the UK murder. Both men agreed to fight, the problem is one didn't know the other was going to fight with a knife. There are so many lessons to be learned here, especially since we are talking two middle aged men who should know better. This is technically a case of workplace violence.

Perhaps Seddon always intended to stab his victim? Maybe he pulled over and thought "Oops, he's bigger than I thought he was on the CB"? Or the IQ of either or both parties was such that neither had the sense to realise that fighting can mean more than a punch up. As for the short bladed knife, I presume both men would have been wearing winter clothing? Even that was not enough to protect the victim from fatal wounds. Note also the  wounds were stabs and not slashes. I would think stabbing kills more than slashing, it is a more 'natural' action when angry or scared. Anyone?
Redcap
“No man knows the hour of his ending, nor can he choose the place or the manner of his going. To each it is given to die proudly, to die well, and this is, indeed, the final measure of the man.” Louis L’Amour

Crafty

• Level 2
« Reply #7 on: January 22, 2010, 03:44:51 PM »

Redcap good observations a ex boyfriend has been charged with her murder

whitewolf

• Level 4
« Reply #8 on: January 22, 2010, 04:31:35 PM »

as i said also-it ws someone she knew- ww

redcap

• Level 4
    • Streetwise Philippines
« Reply #9 on: February 04, 2010, 05:15:42 AM »

How about this one, not a knife killing as such but pretty amazing. I will use this to support my argument against teaching knife fighting. Why carry one for self protection when for 99% of us it is illegal to do so and more so if you use it and unless you kill the person... I doubt they will feel it! At least not immediately and will have long enough to take the knife off you and use it on you.

I do teach counter knife but I don't hold to the having to know how to duel with one to be able to defend against one. Check the photo!
Redcap

http://au.news.yahoo.com/a/-/mp/6760286/stab-victim-didnt-notice-kitchen-knife-in-neck/

Stab victim didn't notice kitchen knife in neck
Yahoo!7
February 4, 2010, 2:31 pm

A 22-year-old woman has been mugged and stabbed, walking away oblivious to the kitchen knife lodged in her neck, The Sun reports.
The office worker was walking home from her job in the Russian capital of Moscow when she was accosted by a thief and her handbag was stolen.
After she wrestled with her attacker, she reportedly walked home for approximately 40 minutes to her parents who discovered the blade puncturing dangerously close to her spinal cord, her blood leaking from the wound.
It is understood the young woman did not notice she was stabbed due to the shock she encountered.
After being rushed to hospital by her parents surgeons worked to remove the 15cm knife with The Sun reporting one medic's comments on her uncanny state,
"Shock had kicked in and her body prevented her from feeling any pain. She simply walked home without feeling the knife in her back."
A picture of the victim's wounds has since circulated around the world, with doctors from the hospital confirming its gruesome nature,
"This is our photo, she was here," a senior doctor at the hospital reportedly told the MailOnline.
Speculation of the authenticity of the image remains. According to the Daily Mail a number of medics from the hospital have confirmed the case.
They refused to be named because they were not directly involved with the patient. Doctors concede it is an exceptional incident.

Bryan

« Reply #10 on: February 04, 2010, 05:25:31 AM »

Word is just getting out a American from Texas just stabbed his wife to death in England. I saw a picture of the Russian with knife sticking out of the back of her neck but lost the link, it was horrifying to look at. The main thing it tells me is much of the stuff being taught about slicing and dicing people to create trauma and end fights is pure BS.

Having had my arm ripped open with glass many years ago I never even knew I was cut till ten feet later when I raised up my arm and saw blood squirting out of it.

Download