W. Hock Hochheim's

Combat Centric

Talk Forum for Military, Police, Martial Artists and Aware Citizenry

Hock Hochheim's Combat Talk Forum

• January 20, 2018, 12:30:57 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Arkansas Firearms Defense  (Read 1453 times)

Bryan

Arkansas Firearms Defense
« on: February 14, 2010, 12:01:35 AM »

http://www.arkansasonline.com/news/2010/feb/12/police-release-name-man-fatally-shot-homeowner/?latest

Police release name of man fatally shot by homeowner

By Gavin Lesnick

LITTLE ROCK Authorities today released the identity of a man who purportedly barged into a Martin Street house and wielded a knife before being fatally shot by the homeowner.

Terry Daniel, 30, was shot once by 65-year-old Samuel Johnson Sr. just before 2 p.m. Thursday.

According to a Little Rock Police Department report, Daniel "busted through [the] front door" of Johnson's home at 2018 S. Martin St. and began making unspecified demands.

Daniel pushed Johnson and then retrieved a knife from the kitchen, police said.

"Daniel made aggressive gestures at Mr. Johnson with the knife and Mr. Johnson fired one shot striking and killing Mr. Daniel," according to the report.

Johnson was questioned and released with no charges filed, though police say the case will be reviewed by the prosecutor.

Authorities do not know why Daniel barged into the residence. Johnson told investigators that Daniel is " a male he knows from the neighborhood," according to the report.
This article was published February 12, 2010 at 11:06 a.m.

This is a recent firearms story out of Little Rock. I would like to point out that without the use of the firearm this 65 year old would not have much of a chance against a thirty year old with a knife. This would be pretty obvious to the average American gun owner but needs to be pointed out for the English gun haters on the forum. I suppose they (gun haters)would be happier if the guy was left defenseless in his own home.

Cy Q. Faunce

• Investigator
  • Forum Member
  • Finding The Fakes
    • Bullshido.org Martial Arts Encyclopedia
Re: Arkansas Firearms Defense
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2010, 12:24:09 AM »

I suppose they (gun haters)would be happier if the guy was left defenseless in his own home.

Probably they would be.  I recall some gun-hater in the US -- I think it was Pete Shields -- quoting with approval a judge's admonition to someone who had shot a home invader:  "Defend yourself with your fists."  I recall thinking at the time that there was nothing wrong with Shields that couldn't be fixed with my fists either.

Mick Coup

• Level 1
  • Peasant
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2010, 03:15:54 AM »

Outstanding!  More banal assumptions/presumptions from a clown arguing a point that never existed...

Not only am I a peasant, but a 'gun hater' too it seems!

As it happens, I'd be willing to put good money on having more operational experience with firearms - as in using 'em and not just masturbating with/over them like often seems to be the case - than you Bryan, you scary dangerous man.

Maybe that's it - is it that you feel a little unfulfilled, and this is where your 'warrior fantasy' nonsense stems from?

Truth is, there are a whole load of very 'dangerous'  and 'expert' individuals in this world - thankfully most are sat on the internet and the world is a safer place as a result...

Mick

Brian S

« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2010, 12:30:37 PM »

Well we certainly have gun lovers on the forum, with Mick being one. 

But gun haters?  I haven't seen any of those, and I ain't one neither.

Another single example meant to prove a point.  But 14,000 people per year disprove it in the USA.

C'mon Bryan... only 13,999 to go!

VicMackey

• Level 4
« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2010, 04:44:39 PM »

There you see it. Guns save lives. Too bad our biased media rarely or do not report stories like this. And there are lots of these self-defense cases, even w/o a shot being fired.
"Fail to prepare, prepare to fail."
"A citizen is armed and free while a subject is disarmed and under control."
"An armed society is a polite society."
"Keep your friends close and your enemies closer"-Sun Tzu
"Everyone has a plan until they get punched in the mouth"-Mike Tyson

JimH

• Level 4
« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2010, 05:42:08 PM »

I wonder what the MAJORITY of other 65 year olds in the US ,who DO NOT have a fire arm,( as HANDY as Mr Daniel's was) ,do when they are supposedly victims of a break in where the Intruder DOES NOT bring a weapon but gets one AFTER entry ?

Maybe MOST Cooperate,and then call the Police,especially if they KNOW the Intruder.
(I bet this is what they do in England as well)

Something fishy about this Great Story of self protection by use of a firearm.

I would bet that since the attacker broke in ,UNARMED,that when he broke in Mr Daniel's threatened to blow him away,and Mr Johnson ran and got the knife to try and protect himself and got shot and killed for it.

As unless Mr Daniels is some butt kicking 65 year  old ,the young Mr Johnson should not have needed any weapon to subdue Mr Daniel's.

Then I wonder:
If Mr Daniel's had the pistol at Hand,why did he not just order the intruder,Mr Johnson to leave and or to lay on the floor,cover him and call the Police or Call a Neighbor ?
Why did he ALLOW him to go the Kitchen and Hunt for and find a Knife ?
(perhaps to kill him and claim self defense ?)

quote from article:
"Johnson was questioned and released with no charges filed, though police say the case will be reviewed by the prosecutor.
Authorities do not know why Daniel barged into the residence. Johnson told investigators that Daniel is " a male he knows from the neighborhood," according to the report."

Looks like a good case to follow as I bet more comes out when the Detectives REALLY Investigate.

Download