W. Hock Hochheim's

Combat Centric

Talk Forum for Military, Police, Martial Artists and Aware Citizenry

Hock Hochheim's Combat Talk Forum

• January 22, 2018, 04:14:07 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: My Dad Needs A New (Heavier) Stick  (Read 6107 times)

redcap

• "I've done dead, didn't like it" 22 June 2009
  • Level 4
    • Streetwise Philippines
My Dad Needs A New (Heavier) Stick
« on: April 04, 2010, 04:27:02 AM »

WHile we are int he Philippines, Dad is looking after Dong, our 11 year old Shitzoid (poodle-shitzu cross). After his walk friday teh two pit bulls owned by the next door trailer trash got in and savaged Dong. (He's recovering, fought back as best he could but one had his throat and the other his front left leg).

Dad went into instant action with his Thai walking stick but it is a light wood and broke in fifteen places after two hits. Then he weighed in with his shoes and kicked the throat holder five times int he head and guts to no avail. Finally the owner got the dogs off. THe previous week he had commented how his dogs would kill mine if they ever got hold of him. Their time on this earth is limited. Enough said.

Dad, heart condition and diabetic, nearly decked the neighbour he was so angry. He's the same age as the dog, 77. I was relieved the dogs didn;t turn on him. He will report this to the police but the damage has been done. Hopefully we still have a dog when we return next week. The main thing is I still have my Dad.

I have to say I am proud of him for getting stuck in. I will supply him a new stick, this time a good solid American hickory hoe handle with a brass capped end. He needed more 'heft' and that stick will sever a dogs spine with the kind of force he had to have used to break his stick. Any suggestions on the best way to despatch a pit bull short of shooting it?
Redcap
“No man knows the hour of his ending, nor can he choose the place or the manner of his going. To each it is given to die proudly, to die well, and this is, indeed, the final measure of the man.” Louis L’Amour

whitewolf

• Level 4
Re: My Dad Needs A New (Heavier) Stick
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2010, 04:34:28 AM »

Well-on a serious note- have your Dad carry a 12 inch ice pick-as pit bull lunges up-take pick and with upper grip  bring it up under throat-drive it all the way up to the top of head and out top if possible-then take heavy stick and continue the beating till the fucking dog is dead- take care of your pop and your little dioggie- we now have the same little guy here- whitewolf

redcap

• Level 4
    • Streetwise Philippines
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2010, 04:52:47 AM »

When Dad was 65 he surprised two yobs trying to break into his car. He palm heeled one and knocked him out and gave chase to the other until he realised he was no longer 25! When he returned to the car the first punk was backing off beggin for mercy! He'd always told me as a kid to get the first one in and make it count, hard and fast. I had to run around chasing Karate and other oriental styles before it dawned on me what he had taught me as a boy was what I had always used when it happened for real.
I'll mention the ice pick to him , he'd like that.
Redcap
“No man knows the hour of his ending, nor can he choose the place or the manner of his going. To each it is given to die proudly, to die well, and this is, indeed, the final measure of the man.” Louis L’Amour

whitewolf

• Level 4
« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2010, 05:20:22 AM »

good for him-i really get frustrated and pissed off when people pick on us older citizens-
i feel good when i give a class and seniors are in it and hopefully what i instruct in will help them in a emergency-
what counts is action- speed and never stop till opponent is down and out of the game-
stay  safe
WW

Professor

• In your house drinking your coffee
  • Level 4
  • The Warlord
« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2010, 08:46:21 AM »

http://www.stickman-escrima.com/

He has been around forever and has polymer stick that will not break.

You can find something there.

Prof

This is also good: http://www.amazon.com/Cold-Steel-City-Stick-Walking/dp/B000J3JV3U
« Last Edit: April 04, 2010, 08:48:16 AM by Professor »
  'Advanced' is being able to do the basics, despite what else is happening. 

Our Country won't go on forever, if we stay soft as we are now. There won't be any AMERICA because some foreign soldiery will invade us and take our women and breed a hardier race!"  --- Chesty Puller, USMC

hessian1

• Level 2
« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2010, 10:49:54 AM »

Redcap,

I'd be more pissed at the owner. The dogs were just following their nature. I know that's no solice to you for what they did to your dog, but thats like being mad at the wind or rain.  People forget that about animals.  They aren't people.  They follow their nature. That's why people are always suprised when the lion at the zoo reaches out and mauls someone who taunts them.  They are another force of nature. Yes they can be domesticated to some degree, but that veneer of civilty falls away easily under many sets of circumstances.

Keep safe and train hard/smart,  Mark H
Keep safe and train hard,  Mark H

redcap

• Level 4
    • Streetwise Philippines
« Reply #6 on: April 05, 2010, 03:06:07 AM »

I'll check out the polymer sticks. I had one from a place called Cadillac Plastics a few years ago that was indestructable, just a 30 inch offcut of 1inch round.

I agree it is the owner, not the dogs. Nevertheless, the dogs will be dealt with. I have no time for pit bulls, they are bred for fighting other dogs and nothing else. Owners have them because they feel a tough dog makes them tough. Here in Australia it is a stereotype that owns them and the Tatt to Tooth To Brain Cell ratio is usually consistent. As for the owner, we will have words when I return. Most will be short, monosyllabilic and not for publication.
Redcap

shastana

• Level 4
« Reply #7 on: April 08, 2010, 12:20:21 AM »

try cold steel escrima poly stick  http://www.coldsteel.com/escrimastick.html

or...

gas them with Inferno  http://www.coldsteel.com/pepper-spray.html

or...

zap them with stun baton http://www.beststungun.com/streetwise-stun-baton.html

An armed citizenry fly their colors, an unarmed citizenry wear their colors.

arnold

• the king of cool
  • Level 4
  • oh that will get you killed
« Reply #8 on: April 08, 2010, 04:54:55 AM »

As one who trians and rescues dogs, the following nature stuff is nonsense. It is the fault of the dumb ass owner who doesn't take the time to train his animals. Pit bulls have been poorly bred by mostly stupid jackasses, and owned by even dumber fucks. The American Bull Terrier used to be the most popular dog in the US. Look at the Little Rascal shorts from the 30's. ( Wolfie will remember these!)We have a pit bull at the bike shop who is about the goofiest damn dog. He loves everybody and is well behaved as George his owner has taken the time and Jack the dog knows that George and everybody else are the Alpha dog over him.
The owner of the attacking dogs should be heavily fined and his dogs should be put down. He should then be told in court that he can no longer own a dog. This and jailing and fining the shit out of breeders and dumb ass owner will start to put an end to this crap. It is because of lax law enforcement of existing laws and excessive breeding that this kind of crap continues to happen.
As for a stick, go to your local hardware store and get a hickory ax handle. Lighter that a pick handle and will easily break a dogs bones with one shot. Used same thing on the chow that used to live across the street that got hold of my now deceased Chihuahua many years ago. One shot to the top of his muzzel shattered same, second shot broke his left rear leg. He was in doggie hell in less than an hour. The owner who had been warned by police was fined heavily
I leave you idiots alone for 5 minutes and I come back and you're all dancing around like a bunch of Kansas City faggots
you're all a bunch of slack jawed faggots around here, this stuff will make you a sexual tyrannosaurus, just like me!

Wardog

• Level 4
« Reply #9 on: April 08, 2010, 08:41:33 AM »

I own two larger dogs(one a quieter breed and one bred to kill wolves). Both could do serious damage if they choose to but they are good dogs and I am a responsible owner. I never have them off-leash (something I have a huge issue with) unless they are in an enclosed area.  I hate owners who have their dog loose, who then runs up to my dog aggressively and I am expected to apologize because my leashed, controlled dog tried to remove it's face.  Whenever you see a goateed, tattooed, sunglass wearing guy walking a Rottie or a Pit, 9 times out of 10 you know you have a scared little boy and a dangerous dog.

whitewolf

• Level 4
« Reply #10 on: April 08, 2010, 08:42:19 AM »

heheheh little rascals- oh yea= that and a black label beer with a balonie sandwich
those were the days-as for smacking the dog-give the next one a fat smack for me
thank you WW

whitewolf

• Level 4
« Reply #11 on: April 08, 2010, 08:48:51 AM »

wardog- what are you saying------kill a wolfie- you can not be serious-the wolf clan is screaming bloody murder that one would actually say something like that-do you know
the wolf clan is the only thing between us an evil.....if you wish i can go into detail but here are some things that they have done.

1-They were at the choisan resevoir in korean and helped the Marines walk out.
serious shit......

2-they were with the guy who said lets roll---and saved the plane from crashing into possibly the pentagon on 911. serious shit.

3-they were with me on many occassions -from vietnam to rolling with 35 year old 276 lb mma guys.

hope you take this in the right light---whitewolf (El lobo blanco) "speed of l;ight"

Hepcat

• Level 3
« Reply #12 on: April 08, 2010, 09:20:23 AM »

Cold Steel's newest stick might be the ticket!

http://www.coldsteel.com/slim-stick.html
Available for Cabinet level positions, consultation on matters of foreign policy, weddings and bar-mitzvahs. Will work for poutine.
----------------------------------------------
"I am a very disciplined student of tai chi but I am currently hooked on nitrous oxide and scotch and my practice has suffered" - Eddie Pepitone

whitewolf

• Level 4
« Reply #13 on: April 08, 2010, 09:55:30 AM »

now that is one dangerous wpn- WW

Professor

• Level 4
  • The Warlord
« Reply #14 on: April 08, 2010, 10:23:41 AM »

It's cool, but I like a little weight.

Our Country won't go on forever, if we stay soft as we are now. There won't be any AMERICA because some foreign soldiery will invade us and take our women and breed a hardier race!"  --- Chesty Puller, USMC

redcap

• Level 4
    • Streetwise Philippines
« Reply #15 on: April 13, 2010, 03:00:55 AM »

Update. The low life tydied up his back yard and moved the trailer with teh dogs in it (and his stash of weed) to the other fence. The police said it was a council matter and the council sent an inspector around. Of course by now the yard looks lovely and the lawn's cut, dogs out of sight and so on. Dong is back home and guarding our place while I spend a few days in hospital. I brought back two kamagong sticks that will do the same job as Arnold's axe handle, just got to have it to hand when the time comes.
Redcap 

Professor

• Level 4
  • The Warlord
« Reply #16 on: April 13, 2010, 06:27:41 AM »

Kamagong will do the job.

Download