W. Hock Hochheim's

Combat Centric

Talk Forum for Military, Police, Martial Artists and Aware Citizenry

Hock Hochheim's Combat Talk Forum

• January 17, 2018, 12:12:09 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Raging Knife Attacks  (Read 2168 times)

Canuk

• Level 4
Raging Knife Attacks
« on: July 03, 2010, 08:22:34 AM »

I would suggest that more people are hurt by amatuers "raging" in the moment than by pros, also a review a many prison shank videos seems to show one guy holding the victim in place while another shanks the hell out of him. Good tactic when you think about it. Sadly, i think this is where the whole "battle buddy" comes into play. Seems to me that someone has taken a vaild prison tactic and tried to apply to a military setting, missing the whole situational and positional thought process

Hock

• Administrator
  • Level 4
    • www.HocksCQC.com
Re: Raging Knife Attacks
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2010, 08:55:47 AM »

When we run the numbers of the knife attack.
There are two ways to make knife-fight contact,

Contact 1) Body first , then the knife
    Contact 2) Knife first, then the body

Body first - the so-called "prison shanking" has been around since cavemen. You grab the body in some way and then start stabbing. Hit and retract. People invent cool names to sound cool, or to be unforgettable. But its a pumping stab. Hit and retract.

This grab-first, with a caught arm or neck or bear hug, especially if its an ambush or a surprise? REALLY bad. Neck wrapped, or bear hug, or arm catch/and or wrap. This contact can be from the north, south, east, west of on the flat combat clock, all the numbers.

In seminars I can only set up the captures, offer some general advice and then I let the guys fight it out. I will tell you this. The defender usually grabs the weapon bearing limb with one hand while in this mess. Its a very, very natural response. Then hits with the other. These are to experience and work on, not come to out with one simple solution. There is no one simple solution. Its like a football. You make some plays and maybe they'll work. If you train like a champ, you'll perform like a champion, but!...On any given Sunday...

If you don't grab and try to stop the pumping knife? MAN, you are like...freaken' dead. If you become hypnotized by the advice from some versions of the "don't grab" crowd? You are tricked and blinded into never grabbing. Its very bad doctrine -  a short-sighted fools doctrine, actually.

Hock

whitewolf

• Level 4
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2010, 01:56:26 PM »

The no grab weapon  tactic (as i said earlier somewhere ) leaves a lot to be desired
Hold on for dear life-attack the vulnerable face (eyes) continue pushing-turning-and drive them off balance while gaining advantage-and practise practise practise-till you gert almost sick of practise-only way to win
WW
« Last Edit: July 03, 2010, 03:22:02 PM by Hock »

Webby

• Level 4
« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2010, 05:02:13 AM »

Hi Canuk,
             I think the most well known example of the Prison shanking, battle buddy situation is the Troy Kell case. Look him up on Wikipedia and you'll see the relevant info..

Webby

Canuk

• Level 4
« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2010, 10:52:19 AM »

Thise guys were cool as cucumbers after the event, even cleaning the blood off the blade

Webby

• Level 4
« Reply #5 on: July 06, 2010, 05:31:09 AM »

Canuk...

Sociopath's do not have the same emotional connection with the world as others do.

I think the most disturbing footage that I've seen was on a Calibre Press video called '' Surviving Edged weapon's ''. It showed covert footage of prisoners in a Max. Sec Prison in the States practicing knife attacks and how to defeat a wall search.

Hour's and hour's of time on their hand's, a willingness to learn, a consentration of indualivials with experience and knowledge. A very dangerous combination.

Covert footage ( Police filming ) of the men who ( allegedly ) murdered Stephen Lawrence is on You Tube, you see them in a house talking ( the most vile filth you can imagine ) and then practicing knife attacks. An eye opener !!

Webby...   

Canuk

• Level 4
« Reply #6 on: July 06, 2010, 08:07:50 AM »

Yup, ive seen covert tapes like that before, it can be a rough world.

Download